New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

06-22-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
2009 Sdrive Z4 30 and 35 Owners any issues?

I've read quite a few problem issues from people that have the 2010 Z4's can all you 2009 Z4 owners list some of the issues that you may have had since getting your car?

1) How many KM or Miles do you have now?

2) What was the major issue(s) since you got your car?

3) What was the minor issue(s) since you had your car?

I am planning a trip across country in about 4 weeks (London Ontario to LA along route 66) and feed back would be helpful, many thanks in advance to everyone.

If someone can put this into a pool type post I would appreciate it, I am new and need to find out how to do that yet.

Let me start then;

1) How many KM or Miles do you have now? ... 7,467 KM (4,640 Miles)

2) What was the major issue since you got your car? ... None

3) What was the minor issue since you had your car? ... Trunk Light Short

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 06-22-2010 at 10:10 PM.. Reason: minor edit
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2010, 10:00 PM   #2
MDLFCS
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Zee Four 35i

1) How many KM or Miles do you have now? 1265 miles

2) What was the major issue since you got your car?

-Interior Door Handle on passenger side was loose (fixed)

-Interior rearview mirror was loose and compass not functioning (fixed)

-Premium Sound sounded a bit weak while moving, I have yet to adjust the equalizer as it appears to be complicated for right now. (don't have iDrive)

3) What was the minor issue since you had your car?

-Raised spot on driver's side leather armrest (need to wait for BMW field rep to take a look)

-White (looks like dust specks) spots on steering wheel (waiting for field rep)

-Plastic scratches on overhead console where rearview mirror was replaced (waiting for rep)

-Rearview mirror vibrates with top down. (dealer says it is normal)

-Occasionally, the car hesitates while accelerating from stop (dealer cannot replicate problem). I think maybe it was because of the fuel condition in storage.

-During idle and in gear, I experience a brief shake in and out, although it did not happen at every stoplight. Dealer did not check for the brief idle shake at the same time as the hesitation as they thought it was one the same. Will have to bring it in when this occurs again.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2010, 08:07 AM   #3
Roadstergal
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 35i

I don't think there have been more problems associated with the 2010 Z4 that have been posted here. If anything, there has been more posts regarding problems with the '09, if only for the simple reason that the '09's were in production slightly longer than tne '10's. The same problems that were coming up on the '09's are pretty much the same problems that were not resolved and were being reported on the '10's. If anything some of those issues should have been resolved as BMW started getting reports of issues.
E36 - 1998 Z3 2.8 (Red, black leather, wood trim)
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #4
advancedtekniqs
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 z4 35i

1) How many KM or Miles do you have now?

16,700 miles

2) What was the major issue(s) since you got your car?

My left and right door speakers blew. Brought it to the dealer and they said it was the amp. It's been in there for 2 weeks now and they're having "programming" issues.

My door and window seals aren't tight either. Not sure if its with all e89s, but whenever i crack a window open, the rain leaks right in onto the armrest and window buttons. On my 3 series, i could have the window cracked more than half way and would only get little drops of rain here and there.

My rear signal was faulty about 2 months after i got my car as well and they had to replace the whole unit.

3) What was the minor issue(s) since you had your car?

Rough idles and this whirring noise that sounds like its coming from behind the passenger side. I had fuel pump problems with my 335 and was hoping they would replace it on the e89 as well. But they "can't replicate" the problem.

I still love the car, its my favorite so far...even with all the problems. I'm hoping to get it back by friday.
Appreciate 0