New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

07-18-2014, 11:18 AM   #1
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL M3

Idea for event ( 1-Z fest this November) Q&A (California)

Draft for the event. As I am not getting feedback I just made what sounded fun.

For Day 2 we could do a group drive to Hurst Castle instead of hanging out in Pismo. If anyone cares to comment on which the prefer to attend let me know. I can work out a group tour rate for the castle and we can see San Simion beach.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1Z Fest 2014 – November 1st - 2nd

This was an event I tried to setup in 2012 but had little interest when I asked around. Two years later we are trying this again. This is an event to bring owners if 1 Series and Z series from North and South California and the western states together to meet, share stories and make some new ones. This is a weekend event that is meant to be fun for friends, family, or even just the boys. The following itinerary has been planned to try to make a fun and balanced event that is social and not so drive centric.

Event Cost:
$30.00 - Event decals & Shipping fees

$16.00 - Arranged BBQ Lunch at Firestone Grill
- Sandwich choice of (Tri-tip, Pulled Pork, Chicken, Vegetarian) / - French Fries / - Drink / - Tip
$115.00 - Group rate on hotel rooms, (fees and tax included)
- Single King or Dual Queens none smoking rooms

1Z Fest 2014 – Road Trip Itinerary:
Caravans will be arranged for those who sign up so you are not making the long treks alone.

Day 1: Lunch meeting point for all participants
Date: November 1st
Address: Firestone Grill, Higuera St, San Luis Obispo, CA (Pre-Paid BBQ Lunch for speed)
Time: 12:00pm
Depart: 1:00pm
Activity: Eat lunch and meet up with everyone

After lunch we will head over to the dunes near Pismo Beach. For those who are brave you can drive on the sad to the shore and for those who are not you can park and walk 100 yards to the ocean. There is also ATV and buggy rentals at BJ’s ATV for those who want to go fast. Cost is $80 for two hours on an ATV.

Beach Parking area
Address: 25 West Grand Avenue, Grover Beach, CA 93433
Time: 1:30 – 3:30ish at the Dunes

After time at the tunes we will head over to Avila Sea Caves – (Avila Beach, CA 93401) to take group pictures of the cars in front of the ocean and to do a little walking along the cliffs till sunset around 5:23pm

Hotel for the road trip is – Quality Inn and Suites - Includes continental breakfast
Address: 230 Five Cities Drive, Pismo Beach, CA, 93449
Time: ~ 6:00pm check in

Dinner at: F. McLintocks Saloon & Dining House - 750 Mattie Road, Shell Beach, CA 93449
Time: 7:00pm till you are tired or the bar closes or head to Pismo Downtown for pool and drinks.

Day 2: Fun at the beach

We will start the day at 9:00am with a short trek to grab a cope of joe at The Central Roast - 783 Price Street, Pismo Beach, CA 93449. From there we will head to Dinosaur Caves Park for a nice walk and fresh air.

Address: Dinosaur Caves Park - 2701 Price Street, Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Time: 9:45-10:30am

After the park we will head to Pismo Beach to see the shops and walk on the boardwalk. This will be just a time to chat and share stories.

Group lunch arranged at:
Address: Rosa's Italian Restaurant - 491 Price Street, Pismo Beach, CA 9344
Time: 12:30pm – 2:00pm at the latest.

After lunch participants are free to caravan home anyway they see fit.

NorCal drive organizer guy
NorCal CSL build thread - US to CSL Conversion

Last edited by m3dragon; 07-18-2014 at 11:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 03:40 AM   #2
davids88keys
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35is

sounds fun! I'm interested
Appreciate 0