New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

09-09-2013, 02:03 AM   #23
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepittrill View Post
That's an annoying thing to have to deal with for a brand new car
It's a BMW, so it's expected.

I've had about the same number of Benzes as I've had BMWs (all leased new). BMWs have way more issues, especially electrical ones.

Ironically, my Benzes have been great

Hence why I now have a benz as my DD.... was tired of being at the dealer all the time (335 has close to 40 days in service, first e89 had 25, e93 M3 had 49 days in service, second e89 had 40+ (forgot exact amount) days in service. Most of these happened at the beginning of the lease... and I get all my cars with ~6 miles on them, issues started around 1500 mi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcw View Post
I'll put the battery on a tender when I get home and try my luck starting the car with a new battery in the keyfob and/or the second keyfob. If all fails it'll be towed to the dealership tomorrow. Luckily I'm still within warranty so should be free, unless it's the battery. I've had a low battery on my 530xit before and all sorts of things were malfunctioning because of that. This doesn't seem to be the case here.

I had to keep my m3 and second e89 hooked up to a tender if i didn't drive them for ~2 weeks. It fixed a lot of the issues I was having (CA not working, top not working, cranking). PITA to have to use a tender on a brand new car, but I realized BMWs are just not reliable cars at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by APDspider View Post
Sorry for the delayed reply.

Here was the diagnostic. The start/stop button wiring harness was pinched, as was the comfort access harness. It was pinched at the factory during assembly. They replaced the harness and all is normal.

Cheers
I had the entire CA module and CTM replaced on one of my E89s. My guess is that it was an issue from the factory as well, since I don't even know where the CA module is...
They told me water leaked in from the rear taillight (it was also replaced), and that my trunk was not aligned correctly when it sat, so any water (from washing it or rain) would slowly slowly leak in... which is what they assumed cause my Z4s million different electrical issues.....
Appreciate 0