New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

07-22-2017, 08:57 AM   #23
Datka
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 ,2021 M340i

As a knick fan I was very excited when Melo was traded from Denver to NY a few years ago. He was a tremendous offensive player in Denver.
After watching his game for years now, I cant wait to get him out of here.
Whats my point bringing it up? He reminds me Irving, same mentality, shoot, shoot, shoot, don't pass, force shots, off balance shots, don't pass, don't pass.
Both like to dominate the ball, that's what ISO players do. Both happen to be the best ISO players in the league, but that style of play is detrimental to teams chemistry, turns their teammates off, and turns their desire off to play hard, run the floor, because they don't expect to receive the ball from super selfish players.
On the other hand, every player loves to play with James, CP3, and players like them who move the ball, find teammates in a better position to score.
Irving IS THE BEST BALL HANDLER I have ever seen, makes spectacular shots at times. I suspect that's what makes some ppl to be fascinated by him.
If he had court vision of James, CP3, Rondo, desire to make his teammates better, he would be the best player in the world.
But those qualities are not in his DNA. Unfortunately.
      07-24-2017, 12:27 PM   #24
itrsteve
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datka View Post
He is not happy with his team. No upgrade in this offseason unlike his major competitors in the east Boston and already strong teams in the west like GS, Houston, and even OKC made moves to improve their rosters.
Still, I predict Cavs to get to nba finals again, just because they have James, still the best player in the world.
That will be his 8th straight nba final. Unbelievable.
But he knows he has almost no chance to beat GS as currently constructed.
And I am going to predict right now that James will most likely move to LA Lakers next season to join L.Ball.
Ball is a very unselfish pass first shoot secong point guard which will allow James to play at his natural position. That will allow him to be more effective on both ends of the floor and save his energy as he will not be asked to do everything on the floor..
After P.George realizes that he cant win anything with Westbrook, he will join Lakers as well next season to make that team a favorite to win it all.
I'm with you except for CLE making the finals. I'm trying to remove my homer bias but I'm still convinced that BOS can do it even if KI is still on the roster... Getting past a healthy GSW this season won't happen but I'm not 100% convinced that they can do it this year.

Given his silence during the off season, I wouldn't be shocked if he'll be full 100% LBJ dominance, let the playoffs go and use it as even one more excuse to go to LA. I couldn't fault him for wanting to spend his remaining years in the NBA out of the rust belt.

Plus, I need a reason to hate the Lakers again. This whole feeling sorry thing just isn't fun.
      07-24-2017, 04:41 PM   #25
mookie45
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW 340i M-Sport

Welp, with Irving leaving, the Warriors can win blind folded now.
      07-27-2017, 12:46 PM   #26
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Would love Kyrie Irving on the Knicks. I just don't see how that's possible.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 12:55 PM   #27
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M3 SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie45 View Post
Welp, with Irving leaving, the Warriors can win blind folded now.
Again
the baddest man in the west is in Texas, San Antonio to be exact.........
he wears a Spurs Jersey with #2 on it.

you saw what happened in game 1 of the WCF before he got injured

I think thr Spurs if healthy can overthrow the warriors.
Gay is not a great player but can you imagine a lineup with Danny Green at 2, Leonard at 3 and Gay at 4?
Its gonna be interesting if Gay is healthy.

I am disappointed the Spurs let Simmons go, especially I thought him at this stage more important than Gasol.

Im Glad CP3 did not come to SA, I need Dejounte Murray to be the Spurs starting PG from day one...........
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 02:23 PM   #28
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantegardestyle View Post
Again

Gay is not a great player but can you imagine a lineup with Danny Green at 2, Leonard at 3 and Gay at 4?

I am disappointed the Spurs let Simmons go, especially I thought him at this stage more important than Gasol.

Im Glad CP3 did not come to SA, I need Dejounte Murray to be the Spurs starting PG from day one...........
that's not the greatest thought I've heard.
      07-29-2017, 01:45 AM   #29
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Hmm...no big free agents go to Cavs, not even Lebron's bestie Melo. Melo would rather play in Houston. Now Irving doesn't want to play with Lebron and wants the f*ck out. Either no one likes Lebron and/or they all know he is gone after next season.

Will the bandwagon Cavs fans follow Lebron to another team?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2017, 07:44 AM   #30
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Hmm...no big free agents go to Cavs, not even Lebron's bestie Melo. Melo would rather play in Houston. Now Irving doesn't want to play with Lebron and wants the f*ck out. Either no one likes Lebron and/or they all know he is gone after next season.

Will the bandwagon Cavs fans follow Lebron to another team?
Everyone says LeBron will go to the Lakers but IMHO he should just join the Warriors so he can surpass Jordan's ring total. Then we can all say LeBron is better

He will take his talents to Big Baller Brand along with the bandwagon Cavs fans.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2017, 10:59 AM   #31
Mardio
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantegardestyle View Post
Again

I disagree, the Spurs haven't really done anything to get better this offseason while the Warriors improved their bench and resigned their core.
Yes the Spurs had a good game 1 (vs the Warriors) but so did Houston in game 1 vs the Spurs, beat them by 25 with a healthy Leonard. My point being you can't judge on one game.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2017, 07:53 PM   #32
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

The realistic option would be for the Knicks to buy out Carmelo and start fresh. All these trades, trade veto, trade kicker etc make it difficult to move him. Sure Carmelo can waive it but Houston has to dump Ryan Anderson and at least one player or two to make it work. No one wants Anderson at his salary, which requires multiple teams. There's a reason why the Lakers had to give up the 2nd pick in Russell to the Nets to take back a terrible contract. But the Knicks gutted the team for him, so they want at least something back. They don't want Love either, which requires a 3 to maybe 4 team deal, which makes it near impossible to pull off. And the Cavs don't have to move Irving now regardless of how unhappy he is. With that said, Irving and Prozginis make them a Playoff team in the weak East. That alone should makes Knicks' fans happy if they can pull off the trade. If I'm the Cavs, I keep Irving and hope Melo/Wade get a buy out or make a trade with the Suns for Jackson, Bledsoe, and a first round pick.
      07-30-2017, 08:14 PM   #33
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M3 SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardio View Post
I disagree, the Spurs haven't really done anything to get better this offseason while the Warriors improved their bench and resigned their core.
Yes the Spurs had a good game 1 (vs the Warriors) but so did Houston in game 1 vs the Spurs, beat them by 25 with a healthy Leonard. My point being you can't judge on one game.
you can disagree all you want, but for the last 1.5 seasons, every time the Spurs face the warriors with both teams at full strength the Spurs have come out victorious. I know I know, it wasn't a playoff series........but know this...the Spurs have a history of taking down teams

they did it to the Shaq and Kobe 3 peat Lakers in 2003.
they did it to the Defending champion Detroit Pistons in 2005.

It was also the Spurs that Destroyed the Gasol/ Howard/ Kobe Lakers.

It was the Spurs that ended the James/ Wade/ Heat..........and mark my words it will be the Spurs that destroy the Warriors as constructed

Gregg Popovich is the greatest NBA coach ever, and when the game favored post players he had Tim Duncan, now the game favors perimeter player, he has THE BEST TWO WAY PLAYER IN THE GAME with almost no weakness to his game....Kawhi Leonard
The Spurs do not have to make splashy offseason moves. They have a slew of long Athletic young players who are being developed. Like Bryn Forbes, Like Kyle Anderson, like Bertans, and the Uber talented PG who is working out with Leonard......Dejounte Murray.

My only disappointment with the Spurs is to see them let Jonathon Simmons go to the Magic.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 08:01 AM   #34
Reggie_2005
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M6

Go cavs!! trade irving!!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 09:04 AM   #35
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Bumpskie
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 08:51 PM   #36
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Compound fractures on live television to start the season...

That was hard to stomach. Poor Hayward.
      10-17-2017, 10:05 PM   #37
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post

Man it hurt my soul.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 10:12 PM   #38
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post

Man it hurt my soul.
When they said â€- Hayward broke his leg, Hayward broke his leg- I instantly thought ??how do you know???

...then almost on cue- the close up of his ankle/leg- my goodness- my friends and I jaws all dropped.

Just sad.
      10-18-2017, 10:40 AM   #39
itrsteve
First Lieutenant
Rep

As a Celtics diehard, I had a tough time last night. All of that excitement and anticipation just got destroyed in an instant.

I think there are some positives to take away:

- Coming from somebody who had the same break, pending it's a clean break with no extensive ligament damage, he's going to come back just fine. It's going to be a considerable amount of time but he's going to be okay. Not like an ACL/MCL or something career altering.

- This wasn't their year anyway with the competition landscape so now it opens the door for Jaylen and Tatum to really get thrown in the fire, get their confidence up and elevate the team THAT much more when Hayward comes back. Their growth won't be stunted, just the C's win totals this year.

- If his healing process is like mine, you'll see him walking with no moon boot in 2 months, sitting on the sidelines, mentoring, lending his leadership, learning the system.

- You'll never know what anybody is made of until they face adversity. Last night was adversity while they had their throats stepped on after Hayward went out, they re-grouped at the half and came out with just as much tenacity and defensive grit as they ever had last year. I think they looked great regardless.

Bad takeaways:
Our Christmas just got greatly diminished, we're flying to Boston for the Christmas Day game. It'll still be awesome though.
      10-20-2017, 02:19 PM   #40
Willyboz1
Rep
Drives: i

Scary start to the season so far. First Hayward then Lin.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 05:17 PM   #41
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
I wonder if PorzinGOD will average over 25 per game. For the Knicks it's all about operation tank tank tank.

Nets, done.
Celts, dunn.
Bulls, dune.

Rest of the NBA is done.

LeBron's hairline, done.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 06:06 PM   #42
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Add the Houston Rockets to the Dunn list too since CP3 is out.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2017, 02:58 PM   #43
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
I wonder if PorzinGOD will average over 25 per game. For the Knicks it's all about operation tank tank tank.

Nets, done.
Celts, dunn.
Bulls, dune.
Add the Houston Rockets to the Dunn list too since CP3 is out.

Rest of the NBA is done.

LeBron's hairline, done.
You thought the Nets would be decent?
Celtics have Irving, had Hayward, and a bunch of kids. You really thought they would beat the Cavs?
Bulls are trash.
Rockets might be better without Paul. Their offense looks so much better without him. The Rockets' offense is predicated on fast ball movement. With Paul, you don't get that. Look at the Clips, they look better without him. Their offense is smoother with faster ball movement and easier scoring opportunities for players like Jordan.
And Lebron's hairline was done before he came to the NBA.
      10-24-2017, 10:20 AM   #44
itrsteve
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongsc View Post
You thought the Nets would be decent?
Celtics have Irving, had Hayward, and a bunch of kids. You really thought they would beat the Cavs?
It's just a waiting game with the Cavs, the C's are poised to take them out. It's just a shitload of 1 year contracts on aging stars. CLE's management has to figure out how long they want to dig into luxury and repeater taxes just to lose to GSW.

Barring CLE was in good health, the C's could have gave them a good run with Hayward in the mix.. That plan is out the window now but the silver lining is now the young squad is getting chucked into the fire so they'll be that much better in supporting roles or coming off the bench.

So yeah, it may not be this season but that was never the intention, Boston is playing the long game.

Hell, even GSW can't hold on to their current squad without significantly paying out the repeater tax is going to murder them if they try to keep the whole thing in tact for the next 4 seasons.