New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

04-01-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
copez4
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i xDrive

Comfort Access - Pics?

I've had my Z4 3.5i for about 3 weeks. I was originally going to order a 2011, but my dealer had a 2010 arrive that was everything I wanted, except it didn't have Comfort Access (it had Manual tran, Premium Pkg, Sport, Nav, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, 19s and Sapphire Black with black interior -- it was fate ). I couldn't pass it up so I bought it, and got instant gratification.

I'm wondering what I'm missing without comfort access. The keyless starting/locking doesn't really bother me much. But, the ability (from what I've read) to partially open the trunk with the roof down is something I could greatly use.

Does anyone have pictures of what this looks like? I'm wondering how much extra space there is for loading/unloading.

(and yes, I realize I'm just torturing myself)

Thanks

(btw, great forum. I'm loving reading all the posts - makes me even more excited about the car!)
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2010, 02:35 PM   #2
Rubber Ducky
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by copez4 View Post
I've had my Z4 3.5i for about 3 weeks. I was originally going to order a 2011, but my dealer had a 2010 arrive that was everything I wanted, except it didn't have Comfort Access (it had Manual tran, Premium Pkg, Sport, Nav, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, 19s and Sapphire Black with black interior -- it was fate ). I couldn't pass it up so I bought it, and got instant gratification.

I'm wondering what I'm missing without comfort access. The keyless starting/locking doesn't really bother me much. But, the ability (from what I've read) to partially open the trunk with the roof down is something I could greatly use.

Does anyone have pictures of what this looks like? I'm wondering how much extra space there is for loading/unloading.

(and yes, I realize I'm just torturing myself)

Thanks

(btw, great forum. I'm loving reading all the posts - makes me even more excited about the car!)
Don't need a pic. Same room and access as trunk with the trunk partition fully raised, trunk lid open. But then you have to put the partition back down fully and shut the trunk to get the top back down. Or continue to raise it until it's fully up.

Great feature, also in E93. In 3 years I've used it about twice.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
Marc45
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 i8

I'm not sure about the trunk access but I put in the SmartTop controller and this is the best mod ever. I like being able to raise and lower the roof with the key fob and also while driving (slowly).
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 12:19 PM   #4
KINetics
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive35i

Just get the SmartTop module. It is an amazing mod. Lets you have the functionality of the comfort access minus the auto unlocking of the door when close. See member Maaij's video for the trunk access option built into the SmartTop Module.

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 12:45 PM   #5
copez4
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i xDrive

Thanks for the video. That really helps explain it.
Appreciate 0