New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

06-26-2010, 05:11 PM   #67
SHADOW4
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite M4 2018

Garage List
2010 E89 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stig 2 View Post
DEtails of where we can source this one please Shadow4!

I like the sound of a simple reprogram that can be reverse far more than playing around with the wiring loom.
Have to say the 20 sec standstill to open/close is an annoying prospect.
The SLK will open on the run, and here in Queensland you can have the top down all year - but you need to throw it up in a hurry if a storm breaks in summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafale View Post
I would be very interested too. I am also looking at this module but if it could be just programmed in I would prefer it that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darbs330 View Post
+1

Shadow, do you know that the folks over at Prochip are working on an OBD Module? In checking out their TVfree website, I don't see any mention made about other products.

Of course... 4 years of high school German didn't get me far afield from the "english" website. (that was ohhh sooo long ago)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafale View Post
Then I'll sit back and wait for now.
Update!

I have the CTMfree (Cabrio Top Module) now and it works perfectly . Now i can open/close the top up to 40 Km/h (25 mph, yes, it works on US models). No more "honks" and "beeps" from other cars when you decide to open the top at the redlights! just drive away and gracefully open the top....... it!

And the best of all is that i didn't have to mess with pulling cables and hiding stuff. Just as easy as with the TVfree from Prochip.

If there is an interest for a group-buy let me know and i will try to set up a good deal.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2010, 05:24 PM   #68
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep
Drives: Like a Demon!

Garage List
2010 BMW Z4 35is  [10.00]
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Marien View Post
Got it from Prochip.de, but the device is not yet on the web site. If you email Andreas, I'm sure he'll respond quickly with the part number you would need to order.

I think (but not sure) he's also working on closing the roof if you have comfort access (right now you can only open the roof if you have CA) and I think he's also working on folding / unfolding the mirrors (again, if you already have folding mirrors), with the remote key fob.

Not sure about the last 2 items though; so don't quote me please.

Regards
Dave
Thanks Dave,

I have fired off an email to Andreas to see how much progress he has made on our wish lists...
roof, mirrors, etc.

SHADOW4: Happy to go in on a group buy.

Dr Stig

8 Days to Go!

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia

Last edited by Dr Stig 2; 06-26-2010 at 05:36 PM..
Appreciate 0