New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

06-01-2010, 04:06 PM   #23
dwagner00
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageBMW View Post
I am in love with that walnut interior - great choice.
Yea, I'm really pleased with the look of the interior color/trim.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #24
mcbeee
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 Z4 s35i & '03 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2003 Z4 3.0i  [5.00]
2001 Z3 3.0i  [0.00]
2009 Z4 s35i  [7.00]
Mine is all black but I really would have preferred the walnut like yours.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 10:11 PM   #25
AttyGunther
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 14 M5~11 Z435is~14 K1600GTL-E

Congratulations, dwagner00, your new baby finally arrived! (Have you shown erdoran on Bimmerfest yet???) What can I say other than she is absolutely beautiful! The wood trim looks fantastic. I debated long and hard between the wood or aluminium carbo and second guessed myself the entire way. I don't think you saw a sample of the walnut either, so it was a gamble, but one that paid off big time. She is stunning and will get a lot of looks. I only have about 950 miles on you in three weekends of driving, so you better get out there, drive, and enjoy. Hopefully you've had a chance to have the top down to listen to that blissful exhaust note. I can't wait until I hit 1200 so I can finally drive the way I am accustomed to driving a BMW!! You've waited patiently... now go enjoy! She's a beaut!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 08:48 AM   #26
dwagner00
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttyGunther View Post
Congratulations, dwagner00, your new baby finally arrived! (Have you shown erdoran on Bimmerfest yet???) What can I say other than she is absolutely beautiful! The wood trim looks fantastic. I debated long and hard between the wood or aluminium carbo and second guessed myself the entire way. I don't think you saw a sample of the walnut either, so it was a gamble, but one that paid off big time. She is stunning and will get a lot of looks. I only have about 950 miles on you in three weekends of driving, so you better get out there, drive, and enjoy. Hopefully you've had a chance to have the top down to listen to that blissful exhaust note. I can't wait until I hit 1200 so I can finally drive the way I am accustomed to driving a BMW!! You've waited patiently... now go enjoy! She's a beaut!
Thanks Atty, I'm pleased so far. I can't wait to get 1200 on the odometer.

A couple of things I need to get used to, though.

- I'd like to get some kind of box/container that fits snugly/easily behind the passenger seat, which is easy to get to and can old things I kept in the (much larger) center console on my Acura TL.

- I need to get a better set up for a phone charger. Seems like I need one with a 3" cord (from the center console outlet)

- I need to figure out how to more easily get in/out with my backpack for work. I'm sure the answer is just put it in the trunk, then reset the "roof shelf" each time.

- I still find iDrive menu items that I can't remember how I got to them. Options vs. Menu vs. click-again on, say, "Nav" (once in Nav mode) seems to bring up different related screens.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 09:10 PM   #27
AttyGunther
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 14 M5~11 Z435is~14 K1600GTL-E

I just throw my bag in the trunk, phone and all. Bluetooth works fine from there. Although I haven't tried it in the Z, I used to throw my bag in the front seat of my E60, but the bag must have weighed just enough that would cause the passenger airbag light to go off and on. Needless to say, my bag is not small enough to fit on the storage shelf. If I'm really lazy, I'll just throw it on the passenger floor, assuming I have no passenger. The iDrive takes some getting used to, but once you become familiar with it, it's second nature. Part of the fun is figuring out all these new-fangled features, and all the changes you make to your routine. I still haven't figured out a way to gracefully enter and exit the car, especially with the top up.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 12:16 AM   #28
Projekt35i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4

congrats!
Appreciate 0