New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

04-02-2014, 01:07 PM   #1
F1LOCO
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35i

Passenger Window Stopping point...

So, I've noticed my passenger window when down all the way, still remains about 1/4" over the weather felt. Is this correct on everyone else's Z4? I had my SA check it out today and claims they went to a new car in the showroom and it does the same thing? Yet, my driver window seems to be more even with the top of the weather felt? It's ridiculous I have to resort to postings on a forum to ascertain the correctness of it all, but don't necessarily want to accept it as true with verification.

Despite from overseas members saying you can operate up window function at the close of the top cycle, they tell me that is not the case here in the US. For some reason BMW wants you to manually operate the window switch after closing the top.

Crazy.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 01:56 PM   #2
HerrK
Captain
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 77 R100Rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1LOCO View Post
So, I've noticed my passenger window when down all the way, still remains about 1/4" over the weather felt. Is this correct on everyone else's Z4? I had my SA check it out today and claims they went to a new car in the showroom and it does the same thing? Yet, my driver window seems to be more even with the top of the weather felt? It's ridiculous I have to resort to postings on a forum to ascertain the correctness of it all, but don't necessarily want to accept it as true with verification.

Despite from overseas members saying you can oiperate up window function at the close of the top cycle, they tell me that is not the case here in the US. For some reason BMW wants you to manually operate the window switch after closing the top.

Crazy.
They lie. Both frt windows should retract fully. The rears stay a smidgen above the weather strip. US cars do not roll the windows up with the internal top closure button.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 05:51 AM   #3
F1LOCO
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35i

Thanks, now to convince my service people who admit "we don't see many Z4's"...you got to be kidding me. Sad thing is the dealer controls all of central Florida, so there are no other options, unless it is a mechanical adjustment I can accomplish myself. Tried the various window up/down rituals to "reset" it, but none seem to be working. Guessing it is a computer programming issue.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 07:16 AM   #4
Wiles
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.5i MSport manual, 2020X3M

Garage List
2012 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Take photos

I just checked my z4. It's is slightly protruding from the felt. Both sides about 1/8 inch. Or 1/3 of the width if my little finger. Only part in middle section, maybe 6 inches
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 08:20 AM   #5
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrK View Post
Both frt windows should retract fully. The rears stay a smidgen above the weather strip. US cars do not roll the windows up with the internal top closure button.
+1

Doesn't seem like this is the case for every E89, but not a surprise given our forum's "front bumper panel gap from the factory" thread
Appreciate 0