New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

07-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #89
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjarne View Post
So should you, then these silly exchanges would stop a lot faster
I generally do not get in the middle of someone elses argument or heated discussion or tell someone how/if he should respond after another forum member calls him names. As a matter of fact, the same holds true if I am at a party or social gathering. I figure it's not really my business to get too involved in someone elses business.

Meaning I would not step in and tell you how to react after someone called you all sorts of names and jumped all over you. So, I am asking for the same respect from you.

Last edited by BlueZ4AZ; 07-21-2011 at 09:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #90
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep
Drives: Like a Demon!

Garage List
2010 BMW Z4 35is  [10.00]
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
OMG.
This website really needs a sin bin.

Can someone in authority please close this thread.

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #91
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stig 2 View Post
OMG.
This website really needs a sin bin.
Calling someone an imbecile - 20 minutes in the penalty box. Penalties served consecutively for each count.

I actually contaced the moderator about the name calling by Max, so between that and the other crap which I do not deny taking a part in, this thread is hanging by it's last few breaths. I was almost certain the Seinfeld joke would have shut 'er down.

Last edited by BlueZ4AZ; 07-20-2011 at 07:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 09:54 PM   #92
maxzander
Private
Rep
Drives: z4 e89

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4AZ View Post
Once again, you just don't get it.

The comment had nothing to do with how the Townhomes in the photo looked. I just found it odd that anyone would make a special point of saying that the townhome they own is nicer than the one in a photograph, when it was totally inmaterial to the discussion at hand.

This may come a a shock, but I don't think anyone gives a frogs fat a$$ if your townhome was nicer or worse than the one in the photo.

I wish you would be "outa here".

You know what - We're NOT going to get along peacefully. You jump to the wrong conclusions and the name calling is just absolutely ridiculous. Do you even realize how that makes you look?
cant u see at the end of my sentence i wrote "HAHA" sheesh, cant u take a joke? u nid to lighten up pal...
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #93
maxzander
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith. View Post
Ya, there's a flood coming through the roof... let's do it again so i can film it?! Why not just take it to the dealer and let Jeeves perform his bucket trick there? Why would you possibly want to damage the interior any further? Unless you felt you needed a video and pics to prove your story because you knew you couldn't replicate it in front of them.

Every time I look at your pics I'm astounded at the amount of water pouring through. It's the kind of thing you see when a car gets submerged in a lake. Knowing every inch of the exterior of my own car, that amount of water would suggest that the entire seal along the back ridge of the roof is either missing or it's being held back intentionally.

So you have had the HPFP, now this cascading waterfall suddenly appears AND you really like/want the new SLK... Let me ask you, do they have the equivalent of Lemon Laws in Malaysia?
i dun wanna take any chances as i do not know if it will still have a massive leak on the 3rd time, plus it is easier for me to explain to the technician if i have a video to prove it......bcoz there's no leaking watsoever on heavy rain...so it's still a mystery on how the leakage occur...
i dunno how's ur dealer at ur country servicing you but my dealer here are like con artist, they will sweet talk you, when the deal is closed & they got their sales commision, they could care less about ur car well being...whenever ur car got problem and u bring it up to them, they will try their best to avoid it, or delay by saying 'we nid reply from bmw germany' ....
so i tend to deal directly with the bmw technician crew & their head of department...As far as lemon law goes, bcoz of the corruption here...if i were to sue,it will take years unless i pay them to open case & speed up everthing..

u know wat, i am done explaining....if u wanna doubt me, then go ahead...pics & video says a thousand words...nobody wants tis to happen to their car...
PS: DONT PUT WORDS INTO MY MOUTH...i never say i like/want the new slk, i jus said their magic sky roof is cool...it is a compliment...
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 10:27 PM   #94
Wraith.
Captain
Rep
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is

01-20-2011, 05:55 PM #136
maxzander
Private

both also very nice...im want both!!! i already got the z4,so now it's time to get the new slk... ^__^

YOUR WORDS BROHAM
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 10:38 PM   #95
Wraith.
Captain
Rep
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is

If this is all legit, i guess i can't quite understand your decision making process. The last thing on earth I would do is pour more water in it.

So is the leather warped? What about the idrive control panel?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 11:26 PM   #96
maxzander
Private
Rep

Quote:
If this is all legit, i guess i can't quite understand your decision making process. The last thing on earth I would do is pour more water in it.

So is the leather warped? What about the idrive control panel?
I juz want a video evidence of the leak..since it's already wet, so why not...at least now i have the prove to share it with u guys....my car still under warranty so no worries....
i think leather is water proof..no water can enter it ( i could be wrong)...as for the idrive..it is still functioning...but the roof interior suffered from water stain....i will take pic & post it here once i got my car back...unless some jackass wanna flame/troll me again bcoz i did not wash the car myself...totally unrelated.. ^_^

Last edited by maxzander; 07-20-2011 at 11:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 11:42 PM   #97
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Yes, please buy something else.. starting to see far too many of them on the road.

Actually, with quick search of your other posts it's clear to me you were never really in the market anyway..., just trolling along.
+1 Those trolls never cease to amaze me.

Quote:
Ya, there's a flood coming through the roof... let's do it again so i can film it?! Why not just take it to the dealer and let Jeeves perform his bucket trick there?
"Jeeves"...that's priceless.

Quote:
01-20-2011, 05:55 PM #136
maxzander
Private

both also very nice...im want both!!! i already got the z4,so now it's time to get the new slk... ^__^

YOUR WORDS BROHAM
Damn, you are on this thread like a hawk. Nice posts, dude.

OP>
Seriously, I really don't get that you were inside the car and then there's water coming in, so you tell your butler to pour water again to film it but didn't bother to move stuff (i.e. valuable laptop) out of the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxzander View Post
I juz want a video evidence of the leak..since it's already wet, so why not...at least now i have the prove to share it with u guys....my car still under warranty so no worries....
i think leather is water proof..no water can enter it ( i could be wrong)...as for the idrive..it is still functioning...but the roof interior suffered from water stain....i will take pic & post it here once i got my car back...unless some jackass wanna flame/troll me again bcoz i did not wash the car myself...totally unrelated.. ^_^
Would love to see your video.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 12:07 AM   #98
maxzander
Private
Rep

Would love to see your video.[/QUOTE]

ok...wat's the maximum size im allowed to attach video in tis forum? video is in mov format...
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 12:53 AM   #99
maxzander
Private
Rep

the technician from bmw juz called me...he said there's a tiny gap because the roof wasnt aligned properly...he did not know why....but he assured me it is a permanent fix..so yay! im gonna test it again once i got my car...
here's a pic from the technician fixing my sweet ride....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 02:59 AM   #100
Mick70
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 sdrive35i (before: 23i)

Quote:
the technician from bmw juz called me...he said there's a tiny gap because the roof wasnt aligned properly...he did not know why....but he assured me it is a permanent fix..so yay! im gonna test it again once i got my car...
Good for you. But as you did not reply to my post #32, again my questions:

Do or don't you have a smart-top module (or similar) allowing you to operate the roof at speeds >7kph?

Did or didn't you hit a pothole while operating the roof?

Best regards

Mick

Quote:
@TO

We have reports in Germany concerning serious roof defects (>15.000 €!) when operating the roof at higher speeds than intended by BMW.

Do you entertain a "smart-top-module" or similar so that you may operate the roof while driving faster than 7kph? Or do you have one of the few faulty E89 models of early 2011 where operating the roof is unintentionally possible up to 30kph?

Did you ever operate the roof at higher speeds than 7kph and/or on bad roads?

Best regards
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 04:19 AM   #101
juhap
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: sDrive35i

Quote:
Hmmm....just wondering if it's always been like that or if it's something that's happened after the car was delivered to you. Hopefully not the latter, because I don't want to have to worry every time I have my car washed.

Judging from your photos the gap was anything but tiny, so if you get any more details, please share.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 04:40 AM   #102
juhap
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep

Quote:
Strange though that the photo was taken July 7th when the whole incident took place only few days ago. Sure, people don't sometimes bother setting the correct date on their digital cameras, but that photo was taken with an iPhone 4. Why would someone have an incorrect date setting on their mobile phone?

Maybe he sent you an older photo from a previous visit? Or he travelled back in time to prevent the leak from happening in the first place, in which case this thread will automatically disappear
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 05:11 AM   #103
maxzander
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick70 View Post
Good for you. But as you did not reply to my post #32, again my questions:

Do or don't you have a smart-top module (or similar) allowing you to operate the roof at speeds >7kph?

Did or didn't you hit a pothole while operating the roof?

Best regards

Mick
oops sorry i missed out on answering ur question.. ok ..i do not have any 3rd party like smart top module installed..it is all stock,original factory settings...i never try driving the car whiile operating the roof...whenever i feel like dropping the roof i juz stop at a side...
tat also eliminate the chances of pothole problems...so no, i do not hit any potholes while the roof is down.... cheers!
so to make things very clear... 1)my roof/ car is stock/factory .... 2) i only operate the roof while the car is in stand still situation.3)tis is not my daily car...i only drive it on weekend..as far as wear & tear goes, everything is still quite brand new...

Last edited by maxzander; 07-21-2011 at 05:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 05:21 AM   #104
maxzander
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by juhap View Post
Strange though that the photo was taken July 7th when the whole incident took place only few days ago. Sure, people don't sometimes bother setting the correct date on their digital cameras, but that photo was taken with an iPhone 4. Why would someone have an incorrect date setting on their mobile phone?

Maybe he sent you an older photo from a previous visit? Or he travelled back in time to prevent the leak from happening in the first place, in which case this thread will automatically disappear
hey u got a good point! thanks for bringing tat up....i did manage to ask him about the date though.....he said the iphone belongs to the company and they use it to take pics/vids ...no sim card inside...it is on airplane/offline mode...he did not know who was the last person who use it n he was not aware the date has been changed....anyway, since he already comfirmed tis is a permanent fix ...i guess I have no problem with it.....Once i got my car back n i will test wash it again see if he'd really solved the problem.... i'll keep u guys update...

ps: the whole incident happened on 16th jul.....i recently juz got some free time to post it here...
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 05:28 AM   #105
juhap
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep

Quote:
he said the iphone belongs to the company and they use it to take pics/vids
Makes more sense then.

Quote:
Once i got my car back n i will test wash it again see if he'd really solved the problem.... i'll keep u guys update...
I would use a small tea cup instead of a bucket to test it
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #106
Mick70
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 sdrive35i (before: 23i)

Quote:
oops sorry i missed out on answering ur question.. ok ..i do not have any 3rd party like smart top module installed..it is all stock,original factory settings...i never try driving the car whiile operating the roof...whenever i feel like dropping the roof i juz stop at a side...
tat also eliminate the chances of pothole problems...so no, i do not hit any potholes while the roof is down.... cheers!
so to make things very clear... 1)my roof/ car is stock/factory .... 2) i only operate the roof while the car is in stand still situation.3)tis is not my daily car...i only drive it on weekend..as far as wear & tear goes, everything is still quite brand new...
Thanks for your clarification. That's SO strange - so the roof must indeed have "adjusted" unintentionally. Maybe bumpy roads did the job when the roof was open/closed? That, indeed, should never happen.

Best regards

Michael
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 09:19 AM   #107
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep

Quote:
cant u see at the end of my sentence i wrote "HAHA" sheesh, cant u take a joke? u nid to lighten up pal...
Excuse me for not recognizing the fact you switched over from angry name calling, to playful joking around.
I don't have any 5th grade children, so I'm not very good at recognizing warp speed mood swings

Last edited by BlueZ4AZ; 07-21-2011 at 09:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 09:21 AM   #108
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Well, glad that this is all resolved now.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 09:40 AM   #109
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Please post a picture of your butler testing the roof again to rub it in our faces
      07-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #110
bmwmick
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 Z3,'11 Z4 35i,'90 C4 Vette

Quote:
i dun wanna take any chances as i do not know if it will still have a massive leak on the 3rd time, plus it is easier for me to explain to the technician if i have a video to prove it......bcoz there's no leaking watsoever on heavy rain...so it's still a mystery on how the leakage occur...
i dunno how's ur dealer at ur country servicing you but my dealer here are like con artist, they will sweet talk you, when the deal is closed & they got their sales commision, they could care less about ur car well being...whenever ur car got problem and u bring it up to them, they will try their best to avoid it, or delay by saying 'we nid reply from bmw germany' ....
so i tend to deal directly with the bmw technician crew & their head of department...As far as lemon law goes, bcoz of the corruption here...if i were to sue,it will take years unless i pay them to open case & speed up everthing..

u know wat, i am done explaining....if u wanna doubt me, then go ahead...pics & video says a thousand words...nobody wants tis to happen to their car...
PS: DONT PUT WORDS INTO MY MOUTH...i never say i like/want the new slk, i jus said their magic sky roof is cool...it is a compliment...
Does anyone know if there is a translator we can run this gibberish through to make it intelligible ?
Appreciate 0