New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

05-08-2013, 02:51 AM   #67
Rafale
Zed Quatre
France
Rep
Drives: '11 Z4 35is & '11 535xi GT

Garage List
The larger diameter in the rear should not affect understeer. The width would. The larger diameter in the rear gives the car a "dragster" look with the nose of the car pointing down.

Off topic but I have been in Singapore for 3 days and have never seen as many e89 in such a short time anywhere else... and I travel a lot. You must be the only one in Shandong to have one
      05-08-2013, 03:52 AM   #68
Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafale View Post
The larger diameter in the rear should not affect understeer. The width would. The larger diameter in the rear gives the car a "dragster" look with the nose of the car pointing down.

Off topic but I have been in Singapore for 3 days and have never seen as many e89 in such a short time anywhere else... and I travel a lot. You must be the only one in Shandong to have one
I see your point about the dragster look haha. So the higher profile on the M3 rears does not equal noticeable less grip?

Ive never been to Singapore but I hear that its full of money, outdoor pools and Chinese, is it worth visiting instead of for example hk this summer? Or will it make one feel poor and useless haha? In China, including Shanghai and Beijing, I have yet to see another 35i(s) on the road (great feeling). I have however spotted a few 30i and 23i. The base-trim 3 and 5 series are everywhere however. And (to get back on topic) most of them seem to use tires from brands that we never hear of in the west. Perhaps it has something to do with BMWs prices and the general import taxes. BMW quoted me around 15,000 rmb for 4 new OEM RFT tires. Local non-RFT brands go for half of that, while a set of PS2 is almost 11,000...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 04:34 AM   #69
VailM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbjorn View Post
I see your point about the dragster look haha. So the higher profile on the M3 rears does not equal noticeable less grip?

Ive never been to Singapore but I hear that its full of money, outdoor pools and Chinese, is it worth visiting instead of for example hk this summer? Or will it make one feel poor and useless haha? In China, including Shanghai and Beijing, I have yet to see another 35i(s) on the road (great feeling). I have however spotted a few 30i and 23i. The base-trim 3 and 5 series are everywhere however. And (to get back on topic) most of them seem to use tires from brands that we never hear of in the west. Perhaps it has something to do with BMWs prices and the general import taxes. BMW quoted me around 15,000 rmb for 4 new OEM RFT tires. Local non-RFT brands go for half of that, while a set of PS2 is almost 11,000...
I lived in singapore for 5 years. Even Lambos and Fcars are common, and yes you will feel poor there as many many high end cars with HIGH end prices.

take for instance MSRP of a 35i (cant find data on a 35is)

COE is a tax you pay for the right to drive, this tax gets you a COE (certificate of entitlement) This is to limit the number of cars on the road, as if price isnt high enough. COE price varies based on demand and engine size/efficiency. It is possible to have a 6 digit, IE 100,000 dollar tax to drive.

SGD
MSRP 360,800
COE 61,700
Total 422,500

UDS
422,500 = 343,384.34 USD

We are talking Aventador prices to drive a 35i in Singapore.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/ne...?CarCode=10721
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #70
Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

So what you are saying is that on this little planet of ours, it is possible to find a place where people prefer to live and drive Z4s over moving to San Diego, CA or even northern california and drive Lambos.

Now I absolutely must go see what that is all about...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #71
Hoa
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

the proper size for a staggered setup is usually 3 tire size off. that is why we have 225 front and 255 rear. if you up on the front, you would need to up on the rear to keep an even balance. i run 245/35/19 front and 275/30/19 rear on my z4 and it fit perfectly. i have this setup on both of my wheels (oem & bbs lm)

odometer is off a little? well, its advanced by a few miles to begin with so this would help it come closer to the actual speed that you are traveling
Appreciate 0