New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

09-02-2014, 04:22 PM   #1
ScottZ4
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 3.0 Sdrive

Possible to set "Sport" to Chassis only without iDrive?

With a 2011 Z4 3.0 with Automatic and no iDrive, is it possible to set Sport setting to change the chassis only and not the transmission?
Manual says no
Dealer says no, even with dealer programing
The Forum is my last hope

I would like to keep the chassis (I have the sport package with adjustable shocks option) in "Sport" all the time and allow the transmission selector to decide for the automatic.

Thanks in advance
Scott
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #2
Eltee
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35i

As far as I know you can't separate out the chassis changes from the transmission.
Even with iDrive you can not "keep" the selection in Sport or Sport Plus. It always defaults back to regular Drive.
I think lots of us would opt to keep in one of the sports modes at all times, but again I don't believe it is possible. I have the BMWhat device that allows you to make some coding changes but that is not one of them.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #3
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottZ4 View Post
With a 2011 Z4 3.0 with Automatic and no iDrive, is it possible to set Sport setting to change the chassis only and not the transmission?
Manual says no
Dealer says no, even with dealer programing
The Forum is my last hope

I would like to keep the chassis (I have the sport package with adjustable shocks option) in "Sport" all the time and allow the transmission selector to decide for the automatic.

Thanks in advance
Scott
I don't think it is possible either, unless someone who has self coded their car wants to chime in.

By the way if you press "sport" the (DCT) gearbox still behaves differently for "D", "S", and "M" so the behaviour you are describing sounds a lot like the OEM default (at least for the DCT)

And, at the risk of sounding like a retro grouch, I think a non adjustable track-biased suspension and 3 pedal manual is the best way to get what you are looking for...
Appreciate 0