New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

12-26-2011, 08:54 AM   #1
Atebit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Yellow 2011 Z4 sdrive30i

SmartTOP STLFBW3 question

Just getting around to looking at the SmartTop module I purchased from EAS during their Black Friday sale. Looking at the included wiring harness & the manual on their website, it looks like the the previous splicing and/or factory wiring harness surgery steps have been removed. This makes it a truly plug & play installation, which is great!

However, one thing that's a little lacking in the installation manual is the best way & place to secure the module in that "controller bay" in the trunk. From the limited pictures in the guide, there doesn't seem to be a lot of open space in the bay. I was probably just going to try wrapping some foam tape around the exposed parts & using cable ties wherever I can find some space. Anyone have any words of wisdom from their installation experience?
      12-27-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Once you open the area, you'll see where to put it.

mines kind of just stuck in there
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 07:16 AM   #3
fre2bpowerless
Private First Class
India
Rep
Drives: Yes. :D

Turn the cable a bit so it lays flat, and there's a nice spot to put the module so you can put the cover back on. The cover won't sit flat like before.

Don't forget to connect the usb cable, I did and being too lazy to open up the panels again, I use the indicator stalks.
Appreciate 0