New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

07-18-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
futuryou
Rep
Drives: z4

Arrow Adding "Adaptive M suspension" after the production - I need you

Hello guys !

I'm writing on the board quite worried of having made a big mistake !!!

I'm about to pickup my new Z4 next week but I just pointed out that I might have forgotten a precious option: the adaptive M suspension !

When I had to make the options selection I thought that is was not very important and that I wouldn't feel the differences... so I choose not to take it, but I've read many comments meanwhile that say it's a big improvement and that the car is more confortable in normal mode and sportier in sport and sport+ mode.

I think I'll never use the sport+ mode, at least in the beginning, since it disables the traction control and that I'm not a professional driver enough to be sure to drive such a car without it.

So I'm really stuck with 2 questions:

- Do you think in normal and sport modes the difference is really important with the adaptive suspension ?

- Do you think it's possible to add it even if the car is already built ? And do you think it would be much more expensive than the original option ?

Thank you very very much for your answers ! I'm dying with these questions...
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 07:31 PM   #2
ewps
Rep
Drives: Z4 sdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuryou View Post
Hello guys !
- Do you think in normal and sport modes the difference is really important with the adaptive suspension ?
In Sport mode there is a noticeable difference with the suspensions, in normal it is far too soft and bouncy. Beyond that what you notice most is the engine mapping and that you get even without the adaptive suspensions.

what can I said? Lose the deposit, don't take delivery and order yourself a new one...

it seems the regular suspensions are tuned to be between the normal and sport so you are not really losing anything.

Last edited by ewps; 07-19-2009 at 06:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2009, 10:44 PM   #3
Z4-Archon
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White Z4 35i

If you really want the adaptive suspension (which I recommend) I would see if the dealer would let you re-order and get the exact car you want.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2009, 02:14 AM   #4
Shakal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

You can also buy some aftermarket suspension kit, like KW v3 . You will be able to adjust ride height and hardness.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2009, 07:46 AM   #5
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuryou View Post
- Do you think it's possible to add it even if the car is already built ? And do you think it would be much more expensive than the original option ?
You might check with your dealer, but. . .

It's possible to add aftermarket kits that will likely give some of the option but it's not going to be integrated in the same way.

Spring and shock kits are available as mentioned above, but the BMW M Sport shocks are electronically control from the console.

Likewise with the traction control which I think is controlled and monitored through your anti-lock brake system with sensors, a Sport switch and electronic brain that has the programing for the options on your car.

I'm sure there are others but you get the idea.
Appreciate 0