New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > E89 Z4 Photos / Video / Media Gallery

01-05-2011, 10:39 PM   #67
M2audioman
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Honestly, I preferred the old wheels. Here's why...

-The wheels are simply too large for this car. Yes, I have seen 20's on a Z4 in person and they don't work. Especially with a lip. The Z4 looks better with a concave setup imo.

-The offsets look completely wrong for the car. I'm not sure what your offsets are, but the wheels seem pretty tucked in. I can only imagine that lowering the car will make them look even less flush.

-Your old setup looked incredible. Just because they were "too stock" doesn't mean they weren't the better looking wheel. Sometimes change isn't always a good thing.

Now, I want to add that your car with the stock wheels is one of the main reasons I'm debating between a white Z4 or the new 1M. I absolutely love your car with the stock 19's. I just don't feel your new wheels fit the lines of this car. Obviously you love the look and that is great. I've had sets of wheels on my z4m coupe that I liked, but others didn't. It happens. In any case, i do look forward to seeing more pics. Maybe that will change my mind...
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 12:54 AM   #68
rori zahr
AristoCat
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: M2

so what's next carbon? :-)
      01-06-2011, 01:13 AM   #69
Land_Shark
In The Flesh
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

Did you get your car Rori?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 01:17 AM   #70
Land_Shark
In The Flesh
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

Great Seats Carbon...
You will need to treat them extremely well... Arcantara is punishable if you don't keep your care to the finest.
I had a simple BMW Wheels Performance, in summer my hands sometime used to sweat, and cleaning the wheels was a night mare (ie a lot of constant work)

But I should admit the BMW Performance accessories rock!!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 05:00 AM   #71
///carbon
tuned
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335audioman View Post
-The wheels are simply too large for this car. Yes, I have seen 20's on a Z4 in person and they don't work. Especially with a lip. The Z4 looks better with a concave setup imo.
I do not agree that they are too large. it depends on what you are looking for! it was yesterday that i was in the garage with a friend and we were talking about the wheels while looking at the car. the car was further away like 20 meters. from that distance they looked just perfect. everything else would be too small in my opinion. this car is made for 20"ies....

Concave wheels would definitely look sick and i whought about that when i was searching for wheels. i decided to go for wheels with a lip as these wheels were always the design i always wanted. there was no doubt about that. i do not regret it. i simply love them.

Quote:
-The offsets look completely wrong for the car. I'm not sure what your offsets are, but the wheels seem pretty tucked in. I can only imagine that lowering the car will make them look even less flush.
I think that this are just the pictures. just wait until i will be able to take better pics so you can see that this is not true. in the rear it rubbed a bit. so it cannot be tucked in.

Quote:

-Your old setup looked incredible. Just because they were "too stock" doesn't mean they weren't the better looking wheel. Sometimes change isn't always a good thing.
Appearently this is your opinion and i appreciate it but 19" are definitely too small in my opinion. that car deserves and can handle 20" easily. In addition I do not like stock wheels at all. It makes the car looks normal.

Quote:
Now, I want to add that your car with the stock wheels is one of the main reasons I'm debating between a white Z4 or the new 1M. I absolutely love your car with the stock 19's. I just don't feel your new wheels fit the lines of this car. Obviously you love the look and that is great. I've had sets of wheels on my z4m coupe that I liked, but others didn't. It happens. In any case, i do look forward to seeing more pics. Maybe that will change my mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rori zahr View Post
so what's next carbon? :-)
Rori, the next step is mounting the seats. This is going to happen ono saturday. C'ant wait.

Also scheduled is the drop. i will keep you updated as i do not know yet when we will be able to lower it.

in the near future i am planning to change the interior and adapt it to the seats. i know a really good saddler not far away from vienna.

i am thinking about something like that but without the carbon fibre lamination:

on the top you can see the nappa leather with the white seam. in the middle alcantara.... also the armrest in the same design with nappa leather and white seam.

like this:

additionally i am thinking about laminating the titan trims in real carbon fibre. i have a quality supplier who is doing excellent CF lamination. The best quality work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land_Shark View Post
Did you get your car Rori?
yes, any news????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land_Shark View Post
Great Seats Carbon...
You will need to treat them extremely well... Arcantara is punishable if you don't keep your care to the finest.
I had a simple BMW Wheels Performance, in summer my hands sometime used to sweat, and cleaning the wheels was a night mare (ie a lot of constant work)

But I should admit the BMW Performance accessories rock!!
I heared about that my friend but as this is not my daily car i drive it just for fun and not every day. iI think it will be ok. i will just have to learn some things about maintainance of alcantara!!!

Z-Performance///M4: https://www.facebook.com/ZPerformanceM4

Last edited by ///carbon; 01-06-2011 at 05:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 06:51 AM   #72
rori zahr
AristoCat
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: M2

I didn't gt my Z yet, otherwise you would have all noticed me posting pictures of it :-( the wait continues. we're getting at least 3 sunny days / week with temperatures around 20. that's heaven for Z owners.
on the other hand I'm praying the God of Sun to shine over vienna as soon as possible so Carbon can take his baby out of the garage and into the light so we can later appreciate some pics of his car...