New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

10-29-2010, 06:37 PM   #23
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtemK View Post
I have exactly the same car, 2009 35i in Orion Silver with 19" package. I had my flat tire light come on and after I took rear wheels off, both were cracked in 3 - 4 spots on the inside of the rim while front wheels were perfectly fine...

I contact my local dealer and was advised to bring the car and affected wheels in. Dealer submitted a claim to the BMW Canada and within 2 business days replacement rims and tires arrived at the dealer. This must be a common problem with these 19" packages and low profile, run flat tires. I wonder if there is anything we can do to prevent this from happening again. I am almost too scared to drive the car now with summer wheels on...
Have a look at my post below. My RFT's will be history in a few weeks in my opinion they are the most probable cause.

I visited a Mercedes dealer a few weeks ago (no one can blame me ), however, I am determent to keep my Z4. Anyway the salesman told me after I asked him "Do any of your cars come with RFT?" he said "Hell no they are crap we would not touch them with a 10 foot pole).

Like the HPFP issue I think the RFT issue stinks big time.

Do use Google and read more about the RFT issue.

Have a read here for a start ... Click

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 06:47 PM   #24
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
All we can do fellows is avoid potholes and road irregularities (steps on overpasses, road constructions etc). Check your air-pressure and inspect your wheels.

Wheel inspection with wheels on is no fun I know, I get on the floor and have a good look after I wash them (car elevated on the sidewalk). I also use my digital for my eyes. Then every 3 months they will come off for a very close inspection.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 02:26 PM   #25
Art-CK
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: '20 X7 M50i '12 M6 Cab '11 X5M

Garage List
Seams like you do go through a lot to check your wheels... I just got a set of brand new rear wheels and tires (RFT again...) from the dealer as a replacement of my cracked ones. I guess I just have to be extremely careful next spring... Do you think dropping rear pressure from standard 40psi to 34 will help?
Appreciate 0