New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

01-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #45
az34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 z4sdrive35i 2008 x5 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
Dear 35idriver. I believe we have had a lively conversation in the past. Just to bring you up to speed, I traded my C6 last week for a 2012 Z4 which is on order. Since I am now a Z4 owner (I paid cash for my car) do I have your permission to go ahead and comment here instead of the Corvette Blog or do I have to wait for delivery? I think everything has been said regarding the original post that needs to be said. With over 300 customers, you must be busy. You must be on vacation or off ill today in order to have the time to be commenting on a work day. I hope you have a better day tomorrow.
welcome to the forum buddy! feel free to exchange comments even if you dont have your car yet. Its ironic that you are trading your C6 for a Z4 cuz sometime i'd like to trade my Z for a C6. Dont get me wrong i really love my Z but it lacks the earthmoving torque of the vette and luggage space are really mimimalist worse then my previous E85.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #46
35iDriver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by az34 View Post
welcome to the forum buddy! feel free to exchange comments even if you dont have your car yet. Its ironic that you are trading your C6 for a Z4 cuz sometime i'd like to trade my Z for a C6. Dont get me wrong i really love my Z but it lacks the earthmoving torque of the vette and luggage space are really mimimalist worse then my previous E85.
Ironic as well, I had a 2007 C6 before the e89. The e89 is an overall better car than the C6 from a build quality standpoint inside and out. Better materials, fit and finish inside, better paint quality outside, better transmission (DCT or manual).

The C6 still looked new but felt old after driving it a not so aggressive 36k miles
The e89 at 25k miles still feels and looks like a new car.

The difference in price between the two was $6k and money well spent.

There is something to be said for BMW quality vs. Chevy quality.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #47
Colorado
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z428i

I traded my 2009 C6 with 11,000 miles. It was a coupe and the top creeked and made noise most of the time. It was not hard to get off and store, but it wasn't easy either. And when stored, there was very little storage space in the back. I had no trouble with the car. I also feel that the materials and build quality are not as good as BMW. I priced a new C6 Grand Sport convertable and found it ran about $72 to $74 thousand dollars. I could have gotten by with a C6 for about $66,000, but it didn't even have a power top. I have owned many Corvettes from a 1962 on up and have always loved them. However, I don't need all of that horsepower and tourque in order to get over Independence pass to Aspen on a nice Saturday afternoon drive. I like the Z4's hard top and the build quality overall vs the Corvette. I had a 2002 Z3 for 7 years and loved the car. So now we wait 90 days or so and by that time spring will be here and so will my new car. I got away from Red cars this time and went with the Deep Sea Blue with black interior.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #48
az34
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I traded my 2009 C6 with 11,000 miles. It was a coupe and the top creeked and made noise most of the time. It was not hard to get off and store, but it wasn't easy either. And when stored, there was very little storage space in the back. I had no trouble with the car. I also feel that the materials and build quality are not as good as BMW. I priced a new C6 Grand Sport convertable and found it ran about $72 to $74 thousand dollars. I could have gotten by with a C6 for about $66,000, but it didn't even have a power top. I have owned many Corvettes from a 1962 on up and have always loved them. However, I don't need all of that horsepower and tourque in order to get over Independence pass to Aspen on a nice Saturday afternoon drive. I like the Z4's hard top and the build quality overall vs the Corvette. I had a 2002 Z3 for 7 years and loved the car. So now we wait 90 days or so and by that time spring will be here and so will my new car. I got away from Red cars this time and went with the Deep Sea Blue with black interior.
mine is DSB too its really a stuning color, as for corvette build quality i know they are not on par whit the german automaker but i had sit on a 012 Z06 whit the new seats and i can tell they are really catching up!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #49
Colorado
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z428i

I have noticed that the 2012 Corvette seats are better. The car mags have been beating them up for years over the interior, mainly the seats. It's about time. It's more than just the build quality and materials used. I like the 4 years of full maintenance at no charge. (I know it's in there someplace) When I got my new 2009 Corvette, I got a letter from the Chevrolet dealer after I had the car less than 2 months. It was telling me that it was time for my 1,000 mile check. I only had 600 miles on the car, but I called the service manager and asked about this 1,000 mile check. I thought GM paid for that. Well, guess again. I was told the cost was $190.00 and it was my expense. I asked just what the check included. It was an oil and filter change and the checking of all fluid levels, belts, hoses, etc. Sounded like a new car get ready for delivery check except for the oil change. I declined the service even though he said there might be some metal filings in the engine. Really. Based on my Z3 and the BMW service I experienced in the past, I think I will be well pleased with my new Z4. Have a good evening.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #50
az34
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I have noticed that the 2012 Corvette seats are better. The car mags have been beating them up for years over the interior, mainly the seats. It's about time. It's more than just the build quality and materials used. I like the 4 years of full maintenance at no charge. (I know it's in there someplace) When I got my new 2009 Corvette, I got a letter from the Chevrolet dealer after I had the car less than 2 months. It was telling me that it was time for my 1,000 mile check. I only had 600 miles on the car, but I called the service manager and asked about this 1,000 mile check. I thought GM paid for that. Well, guess again. I was told the cost was $190.00 and it was my expense. I asked just what the check included. It was an oil and filter change and the checking of all fluid levels, belts, hoses, etc. Sounded like a new car get ready for delivery check except for the oil change. I declined the service even though he said there might be some metal filings in the engine. Really. Based on my Z3 and the BMW service I experienced in the past, I think I will be well pleased with my new Z4. Have a good evening.
of course maintenance free is attractive but it is more of a marketing tool and it does not include a lot. One oil change per year and brake system oil change per two years for the main part of it, and i think its already include in the premium price we pay for owning a BMW. As my old mother always said "theres nothing free in life". But anyway thats better than nothing,my dd is an Audi and once a year i have to pay around $200 for an oil change.they'd even bill me $1.50 for a burnt dome light and the car is still on full warranty. in the meantime have a niceday!
Appreciate 0