New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

05-28-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
zEdP
Ed
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive30i

Delivery problems Regensburg?

Hello,

It seems there is a delivery problem caused by the production plant in Regensburg. See post on German board:
http://www.zroadster.com/forum/bmw_z...kenschuss.html

Everyone who took delivery of his E89, it was delivered as planned?

My 30i should be delivered this week. Until now, still no response of my dealer. I will give them a call tomorrow morning to ask them about it?

EdP
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2009, 11:19 AM   #2
patrice03
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: z23 318d f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by zEdP View Post
Hello,

It seems there is a delivery problem caused by the production plant in Regensburg. See post on German board:

My 30i should be delivered this week. Until now, still no response of my dealer. I will give them a call tomorrow morning to ask them about it?

EdP
yes, mine just left the factory on the way
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
toofeu
Enlisted Member
France
Rep
Drives: Z35i dks

I have mine since a week, a real dream
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2009, 12:20 PM   #4
zEdP
Ed
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofeu View Post
I have mine since a week, a real dream
toofeu, you got the car on time? No delay?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2009, 01:40 PM   #5
Niels
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: '85 Citroën 2CV / '09 BMW Z4

Quote:
toofeu, you got the car on time? No delay?
I even got mine a week earlier than first announced
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
milhouse
Second Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: M4

I work at a BMW dealership in Norway. The 2 coustumer cars was in Norway 2 weeks before they where suposed to. Mine was in production the same week, but came out from the factory 1 week later. i dont know why. But still I got the car before i was supposed.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 04:44 AM   #7
siscobmw
freude am fahren ....scheiden freude...
Italy
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive30i tiefseeblau

Quote:
Hello...
My car was delivered may 19th, earlier than prospected.....
he told me at first in june....
Francesco from italy
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 05:54 AM   #8
aheinz_71
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 23i

Quote:
Hello,

EdP
In the German Thread somebody who lives in Regensburg and used to work at the BMW factory has just confirmed that they have indeed rearranged the assembly lines. No further comment was given.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 10:00 AM   #9
zEdP
Ed
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheinz_71 View Post
In the German Thread somebody who lives in Regensburg and used to work at the BMW factory has just confirmed that they have indeed rearranged the assembly lines. No further comment was given.
Lucky, this does not influence the delivery of my 30i. I have called my dealer today. I have the production status 190, what means the car is waiting to be transported from Regensburg to the Netherlands (~8:00 hours transport time). So next week it's party time!

EdP
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 10:38 AM   #10
GunSpeed
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 sDrive23i

Quote:
I can't believe that the rearranging of the assembly lines is the real cause of the delay because his car was ordered very early, just like ours and this would have affected all of us. And other people continue to receive their car as planned. To me this seems more like a problem with his dealer... just some thoughts that crossed my mind : or the dealer didn't order the car, or the dealer sold the car twice or perhaps the dealer is in deep shit (like financial problems), something like that was also mentioned in the german thread...

Years ago I have had a similar problem. My car should have been delivered a few weeks before and when I asked my dealer about it she told me that there were delivery problems with my type of car and that she didn't know when I would get it. The same day I contacted another dealer where I purchased my previous one and asked him for advice. I gave him all the necessary data and he was so kind as to look into it via his connections at the importer/distributor. The day after he contacted me and told me that my car had been in the distributor's parkinglot for three weeks but that my dealer didn't have the money to come and get it, he even gave me the number of the parkingspot!!! When I confronted the woman with what I knew she began to cry and told me she was broke and didn't have the means to fetch it. At the end I was able to get my car through the other dealer... Not a very nice story...

I wanted to react in the other thread but didn't because it's a bit too difficult for me to write this in German.

Grtz
Ramius
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #11
aheinz_71
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 23i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius View Post
I can't believe that the rearranging of the assembly lines is the real cause of the delay because his car was ordered very early, just like ours and this would have affected all of us. And other people continue to receive their car as planned. To me this seems more like a problem with his dealer... just some thoughts that crossed my mind : or the dealer didn't order the car, or the dealer sold the car twice or perhaps the dealer is in deep shit (like financial problems), something like that was also mentioned in the german thread...

Years ago I have had a similar problem. My car should have been delivered a few weeks before and when I asked my dealer about it she told me that there were delivery problems with my type of car and that she didn't know when I would get it. The same day I contacted another dealer where I purchased my previous one and asked him for advice. I gave him all the necessary data and he was so kind as to look into it via his connections at the importer/distributor. The day after he contacted me and told me that my car had been in the distributor's parkinglot for three weeks but that my dealer didn't have the money to come and get it, he even gave me the number of the parkingspot!!! When I confronted the woman with what I knew she began to cry and told me she was broke and didn't have the means to fetch it. At the end I was able to get my car through the other dealer... Not a very nice story...

I wanted to react in the other thread but didn't because it's a bit too difficult for me to write this in German.

Grtz
Ramius

Hello Ramius

Why don't you write it in English then in the German forum. The others will surely appreciate this story (though some people already suspected something like this).

BTW: the Regensburg insider confirmed in the meantime that the re-arrangement of the assembly line was to increase efficiency and the measure has to do with the current crisis. So nothing to worry about for Z4 owners who have their car produced under the "old" assembly.

PS I have posted the link to this thread in the German forum and summarized your experience. I hope you don't mind.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 01:28 PM   #12
arisk
Private
Greece
Rep

My delivery date supposed to be in the middle of June... But my car is here and I will deliver it this Monday...
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 01:35 PM   #13
JJ_Wonderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

Got mine on time. No problems at all.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #14
GunSpeed
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Hello Ramius
PS I have posted the link to this thread in the German forum and summarized your experience. I hope you don't mind.
Thnx man, I don't mind at all! In fact I appriciate it a lot!

You know, I really feel sorry for the guy because I can still clearly remember how bad I felt at the time...

Grtz
Ramius
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 12:34 PM   #15
zEdP
Ed
Netherlands
Rep

Still waiting....almost 2 weeks delay....with the status 190, what means the car is waiting to be transported.

I will give them a call tomorrow morning again to ask them about it?

EdP

UPDATE 11-06-2009
My dealer expects to receive my E89 tomorrow (Friday) or next Monday, so I can take delivery of it next week Wednesday.

EdP

Last edited by zEdP; 06-11-2009 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: UPDATE
Appreciate 0