New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

11-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #1
teezee
Freude am Fahren
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4, E46 325iT

Counting down the days (until winter)

Have my car cover, battery tender and Gummiflege stick on order and have cleared out 1/2 the garage space. Got the winter wheels prepped to go on the 3 series touring. The time will soon be here.

I've spent my lunch hours this week going for spirited drives on a nice scenic loop (love that Sport+ setting!) with plenty of curves, off camber turns and new asphalt, with the top down on these 50 degree days for what could be the last times and feel like these are those last gasp days before it's time to put the toy away.

I know it's silly but I am going to miss this car over the winter In these first six months I've driven the car in the Alps, the Dolomites, cruised at 200kph on the autobahn, driven the Blue Ridge Parkway and some nice scenic back roads in Vermont besides lots of great drives locally. It's been fun and I will be waiting for spring with just a bit more urgency this time around!

2011 E89 Z4 M Sport (Euro Delivery, Performance Center redelivery), Extended Nappa leather, Eisenmann Sport Exhaust
2003 E46 325i Touring
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 09:24 PM   #2
Memphis1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 SDrive 35i

Teeze, did you ever try driving the Zed in winter, or just because you don't want to?
      11-04-2010, 06:36 AM   #3
alan64
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by teezee View Post
Have my car cover, battery tender and Gummiflege stick on order and have cleared out 1/2 the garage space. Got the winter wheels prepped to go on the 3 series touring. The time will soon be here.

I've spent my lunch hours this week going for spirited drives on a nice scenic loop (love that Sport+ setting!) with plenty of curves, off camber turns and new asphalt, with the top down on these 50 degree days for what could be the last times and feel like these are those last gasp days before it's time to put the toy away.

I know it's silly but I am going to miss this car over the winter In these first six months I've driven the car in the Alps, the Dolomites, cruised at 200kph on the autobahn, driven the Blue Ridge Parkway and some nice scenic back roads in Vermont besides lots of great drives locally. It's been fun and I will be waiting for spring with just a bit more urgency this time around!
the answer is dont put it away. Buy the winter wheel and tire package and drive it. I used to store my corvettes, and now I just drive the z through the winter, unless its like a blizzard, its perfectly fine.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 07:50 AM   #4
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by teezee View Post

This is NOT a car to put into a winter sleep my friend. It's not a bear it's a Z4 and 2 cars in one, so why not drive it in the winter I ask you?

Last winter I had the Z4 30is (traded up to the Z4 35i in May this year) even with the summer RFT on the car I could not resist taking her out for a spin when the roads were dry and there was no snow.

So find yourself a good set of winter wheels and take your Z4 for a spin this winter too don't miss out on the fun ....

Try it I know you will love it I did !

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0