New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

05-15-2015, 09:06 PM   #1
dckstr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4 3.0i Space Gray

Blower Motor

My blower motor just stopped working. The indicator light works, but no air flow. I checked the fuses which are all ok. I've read that it could be the blower resistor. I can see the motor and resistor after removing the lower panel, but it appears that the glove box or air bag must come out to gain access. I removed all screws I could see ,but was unable to remove the glove box. I could find little info to help with this repair and as everyone knows there are no service manuals for the E89. I would greatly appreciate any info members could provide.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 12:30 PM   #2
rking117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i & 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dckstr View Post
My blower motor just stopped working. The indicator light works, but no air flow. I checked the fuses which are all ok. I've read that it could be the blower resistor. I can see the motor and resistor after removing the lower panel, but it appears that the glove box or air bag must come out to gain access. I removed all screws I could see ,but was unable to remove the glove box. I could find little info to help with this repair and as everyone knows there are no service manuals for the E89. I would greatly appreciate any info members could provide.
Dont be so hasty to say the blower motor is gone. Our cars has been know from time to time to not blow air at all. It cant be cycled by turning off and on the vehicle either. Ad for me the only thing that works when it happens is i have to lock up the car for an hour or so and come back. When i crank the vehicle up the blower is working just fine. Since i live in Central Florida this really sucks when it happens. Just glad it is a once in a year ordeal and not a once a week thing. Dealer cant find anything wrong with it. I know there are some thread out there that identify this issue and some people claim to have a fix for it. As for me Im not sure.

I would say that if you have cycled the car off for several hours and tried again and it still isnt working then i would go into replacement mode.
      05-18-2015, 05:28 PM   #3
dckstr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4 3.0i Space Gray

Blower

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize this could be my problem. I've driven the car several times since the motor stopped working and still no luck. I guess it's time to bite the bullet and head to the dealer.
Thanks again for the reply.
Appreciate 0