New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

11-23-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
Roadstergal
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 35i

I'm back......

OMG! That is all I have to say! Well, not exactly, but that sure sums it up. I can't stop driving. This car is unbelievable. It totally blows my other two Z4's away in every category for sure.

I didn't have a chance to take many pictures. I took two in the delivery area, but the room was so small that I couldn't get decent pictures of the entire car. As you recall, my plan was to drive to Newport and take a drive on Ocean Drive and take pictures there. That did not happen.

I got to the dealer at 11:00, which is the time that I set up with my salesman. When I got there he was with a customer that was ordering a 7 series. My salesman told him the day before that he had a delivery at 11 and to get there early. The guy ended up coming late and I waited for 45 minutes before he finished. My salesman apologized and said the guy couldn't make up his mind on colors and interiors.

He handed me my key and I sat in the car and played around with the idrive during that time so it wasn't all bad. I examined the car from every angle and everything looked good. Finally, my salesman comes over and he spent at least 90 l o n g minutes going over a lot of stuff and pairing my cell, etc, etc. Then I had to sign the paperwork and the finance guy was making his second attempt to sell me on all the protection plans and he has a gift to gab like my salesman. I spent alittle over three hours there. I never spent this long with any of my other cars. All I wanted was to leave and drive my car. It was torture to say the least.

We ended up leaving after two and had lunch in the area. By the time we left the restaurant, it was 3:30 and I decided to take the drive to Newport another time. We drove to the south county beaches, but even when I got there, it was getting dark.

I was up before dawn yesterday and I took the car out for a spin. I had plans for the day so I knew that I wouldn't be bonding with my new Z4 the entire day. I may get in some picture taking on Wednesday. As soon as I have pictures I will share, I promise.

I will give a comprehensive review on the car after I drive it some more. I will include a lot of comparisons coming from driving an '03 and '06 Z4.

The new Z4 is amazing. I didn't hear any creaks or rattles as reported in some posts. It handled imperfections in the road far better than my other Z4's. I don't have to even start on the acceleration with the twins. I didn't push it, but from I could tell, it is exhilarating. Well a more in depth review to come at a later date.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
ChuckB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 2.0i

We're all glad your in 1 piece, but even gladder your in 1 piece in your Z4, feed us some info when yu run out of gas the second or third time, we will understand if you keep driving...

Last edited by ChuckB; 11-23-2009 at 03:13 PM.. Reason: can't spell to save my life...
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2009, 03:43 PM   #3
DrJason
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive30i

Happy to hear you are alive and well.....as you can see by the poll we were all quite worried about you
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
Roadstergal
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJason View Post
Happy to hear you are alive and well.....as you can see by the poll we were all quite worried about you
Yes, I laughed when I saw that.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 09:52 AM   #5
mrboon
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Speeeed

WB
Appreciate 0