New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

08-23-2016, 02:35 PM   #23
GotNotch
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

If Hyundai is a consideration and you want something nicer than a sonata but not as big as a Genesis sedan look at the Azera Limited. I just got one for my wife and it is a very nice car with more features than my BMW. If not how about the Ford Tarus sho?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 02:50 PM   #24
qspring
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth 330i View Post
Acura TLX, Caddy ATS an option? I don't consider these as luxury.
I got an ATS as a company car/daily, and I think accepted better than the Germans, but have had some customers make comments about it and wonder if it was a good idea. One of my dealers offered me a job (thanked him but wasn't interested) and he said first thing I would have to do would be to get a different car. Depends on the industry and what you do, many of my customers are older men and look at Cadillac as being luxury.

I think both Acura TLX and Infiniti Q50 fly low on the radar.
Interested to know why Infiniti and Acura fly under the radar? I have an FX 35 that I'm considering using, but I'm hesitant as it's still a luxury brand. Also, would have to buy the wife another car since she is currently driving it.
      08-23-2016, 04:09 PM   #25
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by qspring View Post
Interested to know why Infiniti and Acura fly under the radar? I have an FX 35 that I'm considering using, but I'm hesitant as it's still a luxury brand. Also, would have to buy the wife another car since she is currently driving it.
I said "low" not under. Maybe it is just me but I don't think many put Infiniti, Acura or Cadillac brand at the same level as BMW and MB when it comes to "Prestige", and their isn't any logical reason to it. Same reason if all of the brands above put out the same car most would buy the BMW or MB. Many BMW/MB owners would never consider one of these other brands. Then for every Acura, compared to the BMW/MB I think the Acura comes across as a more logical, less expensive alternative.

I own a Cadillac and a BMW and especially with non car people, tell them BMW and the reaction is completely different than the Cadillac. For some, BMW comes with rolling of the eyes, Cadillac with bewilderment and wondering why you have your grandfathers car. With the 50-60 year old man (I sell heavy equipment to primarily older white males), some put Cadillac much higher up than Acura, but at least it is American.

One of my customers made a comment about my ATS but then said his wife has had two SRX's, I think he was just giving me a hard time. Another in a rough area of Detroit told me he was changing our lunch plans because the wheels would be taken during lunch and we had to go somewhere else. I think unlikely.
      08-23-2016, 04:22 PM   #26
SSJTrunks523
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328xic '11.0 M3 DCT

Garage List
I'm not a ford fan really, but a AWD Taurus SHO? 350hp, full sized, AWD (in my area that is impt), no one will think twice. Everyone will think you are a statie haha. Basically the same as the SS (which no normal non-car person will know what it is either).

2011.0 E92 M3 M-DCT ZCP ZTP ZPP Black Wrapped Jerez Black + 2007 E92 328xic 6MT
2007 YZF-R6 + 2001 Honda Shadow ACE
1989 RS Camaro - HO 350, Dynomax headers, flowmaster AT exhaust, 4.56 gears
2015 STI Launch Edition
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 04:27 PM   #27
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by qspring View Post
Believe me. I would love to get something fun. Just for reference the rest of the management team drive Toyota RAV4, camrys, and highlanders as their company car and have Porsches, bmws, and other high end cars at home.

Can't do 2-doors. But I will check out the challenger with SCAT pack. Any comments on how the automatic is on that? The Genesis sedan also sounds interesting. Hesitant on the Jeep Grand Cherokee- a friend had one that was always at the dealer for work. Tied in with with the transmission issues- I'd prefer to stay away for now.

The volt is a contender because I can drive to and from my facility barely touching the gas engine. I drove supremepower's car while they were working on my m4, and was impressed. Also, 0% apr for 60 months is a good deal combined with factory incentives. Yes, it's a grandma car.

I'll have to check out the Malibu and Impala. I saw those recently and they look nice.

As for the SS, well we all drive impractical cars and old habits die hard. To me its one of the few cars out there with a non-luxury/non sports brand that can fly under the radar with people who don't know much about cars.
I'd go with the SS, then look at the Challenger if the SS doesn't work. 3rd option might be a VW GTI or Impreza WRX? I just rented an Altima (and recently had a Maxima as my DD) nice cars but do you want to deal with torque steer (same problem for me with GTI)?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 04:57 PM   #28
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

AWD fusion twin turbo as mentioned earlier. Not nearly as ugly as the SHO.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 07:30 PM   #29
BloomRunsDubs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
I would get a used Charger or Challenger SRT. 15s can already be had for under 40K. They are awesome cars for the price, in a different league then similarly priced Ford and Chevy cars. 470hp with cylinder deactivation to get decent gas mileage if that is a big deal to you and the best interior you will find on a American car and pretty reliable.

You can also get a 12-13 SRT Grand Cherokee for under 40k

I would also maybe check out a 16 Accord V6 touring they are nice but have no balls and only the coupe looks decent.

A Charger SRT or JGC SRT and M4 would be a badass combo. I might trade my Range for a SRT jeep soon
Appreciate 1
qspring105.00
      08-23-2016, 07:51 PM   #30
BloomRunsDubs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
Here is the Charger. You might be hard pressed finding a 15 under 40K now that I looked its only the 15 challengers under 40k

But this is a bad boy.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
qspring105.00
      08-23-2016, 08:58 PM   #31
qspring
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloomRunsDubs
Here is the Charger. You might be hard pressed finding a 15 under 40K now that I looked its only the 15 challengers under 40k

But this is a bad boy.
Definitely something I'm going to check out. I saw they have 0% apr for 60 months right now too. Looks like a good option.
      08-23-2016, 09:21 PM   #32
oolas3
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Mazda 6 with 6 speed. Looks great and handles great. Also, very nice interior. Only negative is not as much power as I would like but you have that covered with your M!
Appreciate 1
      09-01-2016, 09:21 PM   #33
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloomRunsDubs

But this is a bad boy.
Nice car except I can't help but see the equivalent of a plus-size fashion model. Too thick for me personally.