New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

12-23-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
rori zahr
AristoCat
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: M2

Z4 tested. Emotions Generator

Just finished a 20 minutes test drive.
The car i tested was not a 35i, nor was it loaded with high-end technology equipments or packages but that was not what i was there for today.
I had never been behind the steering wheel of a roadster and all I wanted was to know what emotions or feelings this car can generates.
first thing I did was to step a couple of meters away of the car and watched the top folding down, metamorphosing from a sculpted coupé to a breathtaking convertible.

Emotions started to flood in and once behind the steering wheel, there's something you can't avoid not to pay attention to or try to avoid staring at... The Beautifully sculpted bonnet that seems like extending ad infinitum! I don't know how to describe it but personally, I felt like that's it. I felt like I don't need to even start the engine in order to make up my mind, that view was sensational, Love at the very first sight.

Pushed the start button anyways and took it in a spin in Beirut's beautiful downtown streets where you can see one of the highest concentration of super cars in the region. Even with a ferrari Italia on my left, the Z was having no problem at all in turning heads on that red light, you can see that but also you can feel it. This car is so well designed inside out that maybe it's the only car out there, which exterior design could be well appreciated even while or when you're inside it! The omnipresence of that long hood in front of you, the reflexions of it's rear muscular fenders in the side mirrors... it's so beautiful that I couldn't appreciate every detail Miss Nadia has done to the interior of the car. I must confess that during today's test ride i had seen nothing else but Juliane's
one thing of that interior I do remember though, it's very comfortable and I felt my self very well fitted and protected inside the cabin.

Regarding the engine I never intended to rev it beyond the breaking-in limits, it's a new car after all, I did noticed however that exhausts sound a bit smoother than my 125i's but it's agile enough even when driven in sport or normal mode.

I did my first ride with the top down, then a second round with the top up to make sure it's not claustrophobic when closed and it wasn't at all. I was actually surprised how spacious it feels inside.
It was really a pleasure driving that car, I had driven a 2005 MB SL before but this is something else, way more engaging, sexy and magical.
In a country that averages 300 sunny days / year like Lebanon, this car is gonna be a pleasure to own. An emotion generator that I can't live without ... can't wait to become a Z owner and a legitimate member of this forum.

attached a couple of pics of the the ride i tested.

Last edited by rori zahr; 12-23-2010 at 04:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
Wraith.
Captain
Rep
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is

Very nice write up! Congrats on your decision.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I can't think of a better car to own in 300+ days of sunshine a year than a BMW roadster!
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 12:35 PM   #4
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

I am happy for you and agree that the new Z is one amazing looking machine.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 01:16 PM   #5
teezee
Freude am Fahren
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4, E46 325iT

rori zahr- unscripted!

Good luck on your decision!

2011 E89 Z4 M Sport (Euro Delivery, Performance Center redelivery), Extended Nappa leather, Eisenmann Sport Exhaust
2003 E46 325i Touring
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 01:30 PM   #6
Silver-Bolt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is Melbourne Red

Garage List
2011 Z4 35is  [9.00]
Nice write up. Our experience was very similar. This is our first roadster and we have no regrets.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 02:05 PM   #7
cdeslandes
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 s35i

Garage List
You just expressed every reason why I bought this car!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 04:18 PM   #8
rori zahr
AristoCat
Lebanon
Rep

just added a couple of observations to my original post.
Guys, be prepared, as we're not done yet, in fact this was only the beginning.
Soon I'll enter the choice-making phase, which color combo, which options are a must-have for the Z... so I'll be molesting you from time to time asking some questions. Please be patient ok:-)
      12-23-2010, 06:27 PM   #9
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rori zahr View Post
just added a couple of observations to my original post.
Guys, be prepared, as we're not done yet, in fact this was only the beginning.
Soon I'll enter the choice-making phase, which color combo, which options are a must-have for the Z... so I'll be molesting you from time to time asking some questions. Please be patient ok:-)
Nice write up in fact very similar to what most of us experienced. I fell in love with mine last year in München Germany. It was on the official German showing of the new Z4. They had one in the Museum on May 9th 2009 same exterior colour. At Die Welt they had several colours displayed and I tried them out (not starting of course). As I said I fell in love that day (I even mentioned it in my garage opening page).

You are quite right the car somehow takes over your emotions and stills once desire. I too first drove an older (I think it was a 2005) 550 SL convertible for a test drive with intention to purchase it. However, somehow it took me back to the Z4 and I am glad it did.

Happy motoring once you decide on your ride I am sure you will come to the right conclusion as to exterior and interior to suit your mood. I know my next one will be a ED and the colour combination will be exterior Alpine White and interior red.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 07:06 PM   #10
///carbon
tuned
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

waw. nicely written. congrats. i am sure you will not regret your decision. i may come to lebanon. maybe you take me for a ride.

Z-Performance///M4: https://www.facebook.com/ZPerformanceM4
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 07:11 PM   #11
fisherman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 sDrive 30i

Hard to beat the Alpine white with red interior...., but then I might be biased.....
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #12
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Great write up. I feel similarly also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
Hard to beat the Alpine white with red interior...., but then I might be biased.....
I'm biased too.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 09:14 PM   #13
Lackey
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 435 M Sport Vert

Garage List
2011 Z4 30i  [7.00]
Great write-up, so well said that I thought you had read my mind. Congrats, and happy motoring.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2010, 02:54 AM   #14
rori zahr
AristoCat
Lebanon
Rep

most welcome Carbon, but also all of you guys, this is an oportunity to invite you all to visit Lebanon and tour in the region. you may have heard bad things about this corner of the word, but believe me, the truth is totally different.
color choice is still so vague to me, but to say the truth, with this car I don't really care about color, all I want is to be behind that hood for as much time as possible / day :-)
of course, Mr. Carbon makes us al fall in love with AW, so AW remains choice # 1
I'm planning an ED too, the sexy thing about ED is that I can get the car in germany and then drive it all the way home! can you imagine the fun???
too many lebanese have done that before, they would go to germany or other parts in Europe, buy a car "used" and then drive it back to lebanon.
Driving a brand new Z through Germany, Austria, Hungary...Turkey, Syria and then Lebanon is gonna be the vacation tour of my life!
      12-24-2010, 03:10 AM   #15
rori zahr
AristoCat
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///carbon View Post
waw. nicely written. congrats. i am sure you will not regret your decision. i may come to lebanon. maybe you take me for a ride.
...and you can do that with your car!
      12-24-2010, 09:19 AM   #16
ghani
Private
Syria
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 3.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rori zahr View Post
most welcome Carbon, but also all of you guys, this is an oportunity to invite you all to visit Lebanon and tour in the region. you may have heard bad things about this corner of the word, but believe me, the truth is totally different.
color choice is still so vague to me, but to say the truth, with this car I don't really care about color, all I want is to be behind that hood for as much time as possible / day :-)
of course, Mr. Carbon makes us al fall in love with AW, so AW remains choice # 1
I'm planning an ED too, the sexy thing about ED is that I can get the car in germany and then drive it all the way home! can you imagine the fun???
too many lebanese have done that before, they would go to germany or other parts in Europe, buy a car "used" and then drive it back to lebanon.
Driving a brand new Z through Germany, Austria, Hungary...Turkey, Syria and then Lebanon is gonna be the vacation tour of my life!
pass by Damascus anytime and i'll show you up-close how the Alpine White with Coral Red interior looks like...
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2010, 10:04 AM   #17
rori zahr
AristoCat
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghani View Post
pass by Damascus anytime and i'll show you up-close how the Alpine White with Coral Red interior looks like...
Damascus, syria, krak de chevaliers...
went there for 2 days a couple of months ago, and I was amazed by your country.
so so beautiful and well preserved. adorable people and delicious food.

sure I'll let you know as soon as I'm in damscus again.

Last edited by rori zahr; 12-24-2010 at 10:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2010, 11:15 PM   #18
Land_Shark
In The Flesh
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

Rori, great write up... It is indeed a love story between us and our car, the Z4
I have not yet received my car, on order and should receive it by March...
But I can tell you that, I have test driven the Z4 now for the 10th time, i pass by the showroom twice a week... The guys at the dealer think I am loosing it...
You can't stop falling in love with that car, now can you...
Congrats! And welcome to the club
I will look for you/your Z, the next time I am in Lebanon...
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 01:29 AM   #19
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land_Shark View Post
Rori, great write up... It is indeed a love story between us and our car, the Z4
I have not yet received my car, on order and should receive it by March...
But I can tell you that, I have test driven the Z4 now for the 10th time, i pass by the showroom twice a week... The guys at the dealer think I am loosing it...
You can't stop falling in love with that car, now can you...
Congrats! And welcome to the club
I will look for you/your Z, the next time I am in Lebanon...
Poor guy, how can you stand waiting till March? I'd probably break into the dealership and steal one by now lol. Is it the one in Causeway Bay?

It's my 1/2 year milestone and I still love everything about the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 01:54 AM   #20
rori zahr
AristoCat
Lebanon
Rep

Please do, and if by then my Z is here, i'll take you in a ride from coast to cedars which is above 2000 m ASL. that should be the ultimate Z-Ride
      12-26-2010, 03:33 AM   #21
flpnout
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Dinan S3 Z4-35i

Garage List
2010 E89 Z4  [7.83]
I enjoyed reading your write-up. Looking forward to seeing what you color combo you decide to go with. Coming from a 650 cabrio, I have no regrets on the Z4. Much more fun to drive and chuck around.
      12-26-2010, 07:32 AM   #22
rori zahr
AristoCat
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flpnout View Post
I enjoyed reading your write-up. Looking forward to seeing what you color combo you decide to go with. Coming from a 650 cabrio, I have no regrets on the Z4. Much more fun to drive and chuck around.
Color combo is gonna be a dilemma, what I'm sure about is the interior color, it got to be red, love how it look on Z but exterior color I'm still lost between Blue, Space gray or AW.
each one is so special and all of them combine very well with red interior...
will see :-)