New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

06-09-2018, 03:37 AM   #1
uluwatu06
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 F44 BMW M235i xDrive

Tyre Stem Valve

Gents,

Recently, the low air pressure icon appeared on my dash indicating that there was an issue with my front left tyre. Drove to a nearby shop to have it checked.

Issue was with the degraded stem valve. I informed that the wheels have TPMS so perhaps the replacement wasn't gonna be straightforward but when the guy removed the wheel, i was surprised to see that there isn't the tyre pressure control unit as found in the RealOEM.com website (see below for link).

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=36_1540

The stem valve looked very similar as the one in the picture i attached.

As i was in a hurry, i didn't question much but kept in mind that this was something i needed to have a look once i got back.

Stem valve was replaced, resetted the notification and off i go.

Question is, where's the TPMS module? Isn't it the same as in the link i shared above? Now, do i have TPMS in my front left tyre?

Advices needed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 10:08 AM   #2
Lurcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 z4

It's missing. Someone didn't know what they were doing or it was not reading right and they just removed it.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 11:46 AM   #3
uluwatu06
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurcher View Post
It's missing. Someone didn't know what they were doing or it was not reading right and they just removed it.
But like what I've stated, the icon did appear and when i checked, it said CC-ID 608, which corresponded with front left tyre having an issue with its pressure.

I mean, if there isn't the TPMS, i shdnt be getting any notification, right?

Am i missing something?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 11:49 AM   #4
paris1
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 35i Space Grey over Coral

Quote:
Originally Posted by uluwatu06 View Post
But like what I've stated, the icon did appear and when i checked, it said CC-ID 608, which corresponded with front left tyre having an issue with its pressure.

I mean, if there isn't the TPMS, i shdnt be getting any notification, right?

Am i missing something?
The computer is not receiving a signal from the missing sensor, therefore it thinks something is wrong with the pressure in that tire.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 03:34 PM   #5
cdmulders
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi

Garage List
Many BMWs, including my Canadian Spec F10 and E89, use the ABS sensor in order to determine if a tire has low pressure. Neither car has TPMS sensors in each wheel, and both cars will advise if a tire has low pressure, and both cars need you to reset the system when you replace tires. The system doesn't measure the pressure, but instead compares rotational speeds of each wheel. If one wheel starts rotating quicker than the others, then pressure is low and the system warns you.

Perhaps your car has this system vice TPMS. US cars, I believe, require TPMS. For other countries, this is not always the case.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 07:40 PM   #6
uluwatu06
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris1 View Post
The computer is not receiving a signal from the missing sensor, therefore it thinks something is wrong with the pressure in that tire.
I had the notification only recently when i was losing air in that particular tyre. No issue in the past years though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmulders View Post
Many BMWs, including my Canadian Spec F10 and E89, use the ABS sensor in order to determine if a tire has low pressure. Neither car has TPMS sensors in each wheel, and both cars will advise if a tire has low pressure, and both cars need you to reset the system when you replace tires. The system doesn't measure the pressure, but instead compares rotational speeds of each wheel. If one wheel starts rotating quicker than the others, then pressure is low and the system warns you.

Perhaps your car has this system vice TPMS. US cars, I believe, require TPMS. For other countries, this is not always the case.
Thank you... you nailed it.

Learnt something new today.
Appreciate 0