New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

02-14-2010, 12:33 AM   #23
zeez_Dubai
Private
Rep
Drives: Orion Silver Bmw Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4AZ View Post
On paper, based on HP, the C6 is in a "different league", but the superiority of the DCT over the C6 transmission and immediate torque in the
Z4 narrows the gap substantially in the 0-80 mph range, to a point where by driving the 2 cars you absolutely do not feel there is a gap of 100 HP. It feels more like a gap of about 30 HP.

Over 80 mph is a different story.
Ouch i really got flammed when i mentioned that my Z4 35i was ahead against a C6. Ok guys on paper its all in favor of the C6 but am not talking about on paper i tried it 3 times in a row from around 40km/h and i was ahead in the 3 times.

can someone other than me maybe try and let me know :P
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2010, 11:37 AM   #24
Memphis1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 SDrive 35i

sure thing, let me go out hunting for a C6... what do they look like??
      02-14-2010, 06:53 PM   #25
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeez_Dubai View Post
Ouch i really got flammed when i mentioned that my Z4 35i was ahead against a C6. Ok guys on paper its all in favor of the C6 but am not talking about on paper i tried it 3 times in a row from around 40km/h and i was ahead in the 3 times.

can someone other than me maybe try and let me know :P
We believe you. All I am saying is there must have been some variable present, because all thinge being equal the C6 should come out slightly ahead of the Z4 (with DCT) every time. Maybe the C6 had worn tires, who knows. Maybe the driver wasn't using 100% of the cars power.The point being there must have been some variable present.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2010, 08:02 PM   #26
Rubber Ducky
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
We believe you. All I am saying is there must have been some variable present, because all thinge being equal the C6 should come out slightly ahead of the Z4 (with DCT) every time. Maybe the C6 had worn tires, who knows. Maybe the driver wasn't using 100% of the cars power.The point being there must have been some variable present.
Part of the trick is getting the power through the tires to the road. The C6 trade-off is massive tires (285s rear) against massive torque. It's pretty easy to break the tires loose, kick in the traction control, and lose time. I think a good Z4 driver, good conditions, with good skill and better luck, could best a C6 driven with less skill. But everything equal, the C6 every time.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 04:20 AM   #27
hiyt
Registered
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
the variable is Dubai's climate. it is very hot(usually between 86*f 30*c and 115*f 45*c) and when the air is hot it's density is low(therefore lower oxygen content) resulting in a loss of power esp impacting naturally aspirated cars but, a turbocharged car with an intercooler would be less affected by the atmospheres temperature so i do believe the z4 would beat it easy esp in daytime and it should be closer during the night (in dubai that is).
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 05:52 AM   #28
alan64
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: z4

Quote:
On paper, based on HP, the C6 is in a "different league", but the superiority of the DCT over the C6 transmission and immediate torque in the
Z4 narrows the gap substantially in the 0-80 mph range, to a point where by driving the 2 cars you absolutely do not feel there is a gap of 100 HP. It feels more like a gap of about 30 HP.

Over 80 mph is a different story.
I wasnt referring to the regular c6's I was referring to the z's in the vettes. There is no comparison with power. The bmw makes me smile, the z's were borderline frightening. They are substantially faster than the regular c6
Appreciate 0