New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

02-14-2010, 11:50 AM   #23
flpnout
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Dinan S3 Z4-35i

Garage List
2010 E89 Z4  [7.83]
Yesterday we had 65 degree weather and I dropped the top for 3 hours. My car happen to come with the mesh screen deflector and I did not see much of a difference having it on or off. Maybe it just cuts wind down but not completely.
      02-14-2010, 12:52 PM   #24
alan64
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by flpnout View Post
Yesterday we had 65 degree weather and I dropped the top for 3 hours. My car happen to come with the mesh screen deflector and I did not see much of a difference having it on or off. Maybe it just cuts wind down but not completely.
I think the idea from the factory was for it to cut the wind down but not completely so as to enjoy the experience. Thats why its mesh and not solid clear.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2010, 01:53 PM   #25
riccis
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 30i Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Victor1 View Post
Yes is the simple answer.

Had the car now for 5 days.....WITH a Wind Deflector...and it DOES work as advertised.....but sheesh, it's no bargain at £205 + VAT (UK £, less a tickle of a discount)

With ALL 4 windows UP & deflector UP, the turbulence in the cabin is minimised AND a normal conversation is no problem up to around 70 - 80mph.
80mph.....NO I never go THAT fast!

I don't need it - no hair.
Sweetheart has gallons of hair.....and to remain 'sweet' the WD is a must

Surely, the best way to decide is to personally try it first on a demonstartor. Even then, you can order it AFTER delivery....it's not like M-Adaptive suspension which is not exactly an 'easy' aftermarket fit
Sorry, slightly off topic I know but your post really does beg the question; where in the SE of England are you? I'm in London and am incapable of driving top down. It's way too cold. If the weather is good enough to drive top down where you are, I'm moving next to you!

And yep.........I'm bald too so little chance me getting any "...wind in my hair"
Appreciate 0