New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-16-2015, 10:18 PM   #23
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by f10inSD View Post
BUT THE LAST THING AN OFFICER WANTS TO DO IS KILL SOMEONE IN THE LINE OF DUTY.
So an officer would actually prefer to kill someone off duty right?
      01-16-2015, 11:31 PM   #24
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
I'll say this again and for the last time. It's not the power, it's the abuse of power. I don't hate cops, I dislike cops who abuse power and are not punished for it. If your ok with power abuse than I have nothing else to say. I'm done with this thread. I'm not going to change your views, you aren't going to change mine.
That's because your views are based on an infinitesimally small amount of data compared to the scope of all police interactions. By far and away the VAST majority of police interactions are peaceful, respectful, and conducted within the law and their authority.

Outside of that, LEOs, being charged with upholding the law, can not entirely be treated the same as a non LEO with regards to the use of deadly force. While they do have the option to prioritize their own live over someone who may be in need of help or protection, they also can exercise their right as a LEO to remain engaged in any situation until the perpetrator has been subdued or the threat has been eliminated. THAT authority has been given to them by the municipality who hired them.

You are entitled to any emotion you choose when it comes to due process for LEOs involved in the use of deadly force. But given their authority, entrusted to them by the municipality you voted into power, they can not be tried in the eyes of the law through the same process as a non LEO.

As a society, we can not give police authority and hold them to a different standard and then treat them the same as anyone else once the exercise that authority. When one of those alleged abuses of power takes place, a jury usually decides whether or not an indictment is justified. They look at evidence and testimony submitted by the prosecution, they can request additional evidence and testimony as well, but the defendant is not allowed to submit any type of defensive evidence or testimony. The odds are stacked against the defendant being scrutinized by the jury.

Do you think officer Darren Wilson in enjoying his life as it is right now? He may not be in jail, he is certainly not dead, but his life is forever changed, and not for the better. I'm not suggesting that police should receive unquestioned impunity. But the difference that HAS to be made between the treatment of LEOs and non LEOs due to the fact that the use of deadly force is part of a LEO's job description. With that caveat, society has to base their decision to indict on criminal intent or the possibility of negligence rather than whether or not a law was violated.

Last edited by Mr Tonka; 01-16-2015 at 11:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 12:39 AM   #25
f10inSD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i M-Sport Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
So an officer would actually prefer to kill someone off duty right?
Yes off duty is a freebie. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

Good Lord you people... Just for you Nkc shooting someone off duty is actually a lot worse than shooting someone on duty. An officer would rather not have to take someones life on duty or off. In fact, during an off duty shooting it is a coin flip if your agency will support you or not. For this reason most of not all LEO carry professional liability insurance so they can be covered in such an event.

Im not sure what you do for work Nkc. But for most people a productive day is measured by sales, how they deal with clients, or maybe how many files they worked on. For a law enforcement officer a productive day is being alive at the end of a shift.

Last edited by f10inSD; 01-17-2015 at 12:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 12:46 AM   #26
RoamPT
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 Dodge Charger SRT 392

Garage List
What a sh*t storm. Ofc theres cops that abuse their power, but theres also criminals that will rob and shoot you.

It's pretty easy, just obey, they tell you too put your hands in the air you do it, it's common sense, if you fail to obey thoae rules there will be consequences. Some result in death BUt if you behave and do what you're told you will fine.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 01:00 AM   #27
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka
Quote:
I'll say this again and for the last time. It's not the power, it's the abuse of power. I don't hate cops, I dislike cops who abuse power and are not punished for it. If your ok with power abuse than I have nothing else to say. I'm done with this thread. I'm not going to change your views, you aren't going to change mine.
That's because your views are based on an infinitesimally small amount of data compared to the scope of all police interactions. By far and away the VAST majority of police interactions are peaceful, respectful, and conducted within the law and their authority.

Outside of that, LEOs, being charged with upholding the law, can not entirely be treated the same as a non LEO with regards to the use of deadly force. While they do have the option to prioritize their own live over someone who may be in need of help or protection, they also can exercise their right as a LEO to remain engaged in any situation until the perpetrator has been subdued or the threat has been eliminated. THAT authority has been given to them by the municipality who hired them.

You are entitled to any emotion you choose when it comes to due process for LEOs involved in the use of deadly force. But given their authority, entrusted to them by the municipality you voted into power, they can not be tried in the eyes of the law through the same process as a non LEO.

As a society, we can not give police authority and hold them to a different standard and then treat them the same as anyone else once the exercise that authority. When one of those alleged abuses of power takes place, a jury usually decides whether or not an indictment is justified. They look at evidence and testimony submitted by the prosecution, they can request additional evidence and testimony as well, but the defendant is not allowed to submit any type of defensive evidence or testimony. The odds are stacked against the defendant being scrutinized by the jury.

Do you think officer Darren Wilson in enjoying his life as it is right now? He may not be in jail, he is certainly not dead, but his life is forever changed, and not for the better. I'm not suggesting that police should receive unquestioned impunity. But the difference that HAS to be made between the treatment of LEOs and non LEOs due to the fact that the use of deadly force is part of a LEO's job description. With that caveat, society has to base their decision to indict on criminal intent or the possibility of negligence rather than whether or not a law was violated.
Exactly why I said I don't hate cops. I don't generalize all cops by the bad ones. I have no issue with cop shootings, I know someone who got killed by a cop and I personally think it was justified. I have no issue with cops at all. My problem is with the bad ones who get away.
      01-17-2015, 01:01 AM   #28
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

This is why police are extra aggressive and have heightened sensitivity dealing with potential criminal
      01-17-2015, 05:52 AM   #29
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamPT
What a sh*t storm. Ofc theres cops that abuse their power, but theres also criminals that will rob and shoot you.

It's pretty easy, just obey, they tell you too put your hands in the air you do it, it's common sense, if you fail to obey thoae rules there will be consequences. Some result in death BUt if you behave and do what you're told you will fine.
Your absolutely right, there are cops who abuse power and there are criminals who will rob or kill you. BUT those criminals aren't put through the justice system and let off, cops are .. End of story
      01-17-2015, 05:57 AM   #30
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f10inSD
Here we go again...

I'm not sure if some people understand... what I'm about to say.. BUT THE LAST THING AN OFFICER WANTS TO DO IS KILL SOMEONE IN THE LINE OF DUTY.

The shit storm that ensues after a shooting is bad, real bad. And in a way it should be that bad to keep law enforcement officers accountable. You have internal affairs, or OIG, or the DA's office put you under the microscope for a very long time. You have your weapon taken, your badge taken, you are put on admin leave and lose tons of money your family depends on to survive. And belive it or not... a lot of times your OWN AGENCY wants to make an example of you even if you were justified in your shooting.

People who post on here saying that cops just kill people and get away with it... you are nuts. Thats fine... you can sit here and pass judgement. Otherwise I suggest you apply for an LEO job and see how far you make it in the hiring process.
Might be the last thing they want, but for some, it's the first thing they do.

And if you believe in all that fluf BS you're trippin.. I used to work for Wells Fargo, a bank notorious for gaming and inflating sales numbers. If you ask anyone, they'll say omg you think Wells Fargo lets people get away with that??? They will fire entire branches for gaming.. You honestly believe every manager, district manager, market president etc doesn't know gaming is happening.. No one gives a fk.
      01-17-2015, 06:06 AM   #31
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace
This is why police are extra aggressive and have heightened sensitivity dealing with potential criminal
Michael Brown, Eric Garner, Ramirez.. UNARMED and killed by cops ... This guy, ARMED and kills a cop.

Shouldn't it be the other way around. Armed guy killed by cop .. Unarmed guys don't kill cops..
      01-17-2015, 07:04 AM   #32
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by f10inSD View Post
Yes off duty is a freebie. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

Good Lord you people... Just for you Nkc shooting someone off duty is actually a lot worse than shooting someone on duty. An officer would rather not have to take someones life on duty or off. In fact, during an off duty shooting it is a coin flip if your agency will support you or not. For this reason most of not all LEO carry professional liability insurance so they can be covered in such an event.

Im not sure what you do for work Nkc. But for most people a productive day is measured by sales, how they deal with clients, or maybe how many files they worked on. For a law enforcement officer a productive day is being alive at the end of a shift.
Oh thanks for clearing it up. BTW, since you asked what I do, I'm an idiot by day, dumbass by night. I'm just playing with you when you said that "the last thing an officer wants to do is kill someone in the line of duty."
      01-17-2015, 11:29 AM   #33
f10inSD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i M-Sport Space Grey

Quote:

And if you believe in all that fluf BS you're trippin.. I used to work for Wells Fargo, a bank notorious for gaming and inflating sales numbers. If you ask anyone, they'll say omg you think Wells Fargo lets people get away with that??? They will fire entire branches for gaming.. You honestly believe every manager, district manager, market president etc doesn't know gaming is happening.. No one gives a fk.
I can't. I give up.

You win you're the best. Obviously since a manager at Wells Fargo doesn't care about employees inflating sales numbers… Everyone in an officers chain of command up the the mayor or head of an agency doesn't care if officers are out shooting people for fun. Perfect analogy sir. Kudos.

Last edited by f10inSD; 01-17-2015 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 02:16 PM   #34
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f10inSD
Quote:

I can't. I give up.

You win you're the best. Obviously since a manager at Wells Fargo doesn't care about employees inflating sales numbers… Everyone in an officers chain of command up the the mayor or head of an agency doesn't care if officers are out shooting people for fun. Perfect analogy sir. Kudos.
Lol you are a child, when did I say they are out shooting for fun.

It's not just 1 manager it's how the company is structured. They can change how their sales work or start holding people accountable and the gaming would stop. Obviously the analogy went completely over your head but it's ok it was my fault .. I expected more
      01-17-2015, 03:01 PM   #35
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
No no no...

Cop deserved it, says kmarei, grimlock, etc...
Never said anything about the cop deserving it
So please, don't misquote me
      01-17-2015, 05:06 PM   #36
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Unarmed doesn't mean NOT dangerous.

This naked Ninja was beating the crap out of 3 cops even after getting tased.
Fortunately , private parts are covered/censored.
      01-17-2015, 05:18 PM   #37
Xavier7
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
Unarmed doesn't mean NOT dangerous.

This naked Ninja was beating the crap out of 3 cops even after getting tased.
Fortunately , private parts are covered/censored.
Not sure which video you are watching. The only getting the crap beaten out of him is the naked ninja.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 07:50 PM   #38
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Your absolutely right, there are cops who abuse power and there are criminals who will rob or kill you. BUT those criminals aren't put through the justice system and let off, cops are .. End of story
You keep saying you don't hate cops, but then you make comments like this against them and I can't help but think you do...

The legal system worked as it should, and determined that the officers in these cases (not really sure what cases you're referring to since you haven't posted a source for your claims) were justified.

You can disagree with the outcome, but have you looked through the evidence for yourself? Or are you just regurgitating something someone else told you?
      01-17-2015, 08:34 PM   #39
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar
Quote:
You keep saying you don't hate cops, but then you make comments like this against them and I can't help but think you do...

The legal system worked as it should, and determined that the officers in these cases (not really sure what cases you're referring to since you haven't posted a source for your claims) were justified.

You can disagree with the outcome, but have you looked through the evidence for yourself? Or are you just regurgitating something someone else told you?
Of course they went through and were justified. Jury only hears one side of the story, dead men can't testify. Jury selected by the district and the state .. Hmm wonder what the out come is going to be.

One of my brothers customers was a jury for a murder case. He said he personally didn't think the guy was guilty and also said they didn't let anyone out of the jury room until everyone agreed on the same verdict.
      01-17-2015, 08:45 PM   #40
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Of course they went through and were justified. Jury only hears one side of the story, dead men can't testify. Jury selected by the district and the state .. Hmm wonder what the out come is going to be.

One of my brothers customers was a jury for a murder case. He said he personally didn't think the guy was guilty and also said they didn't let anyone out of the jury room until everyone agreed on the same verdict.
Ah yes, it's a big conspiracy.

I forgot...
      01-17-2015, 08:53 PM   #41
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar
Quote:

Ah yes, it's a big conspiracy.

I forgot...
Ok buddy
      01-18-2015, 09:00 PM   #42
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
No no no...

Cop deserved it, says kmarei, grimlock, etc...
Templar: "All cops are heroes, if you don't agree with me I'll shoot you."
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 12:04 PM   #43
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Here in Cali, cops are never off duty, just out of uniform.

I know some personally who are in fear of their family's life because of the job they have done. I know for a fact they didn't want to have to shoot. There are lists with bounties, just like the Crime Stoppers, for cops who have discharged their weapons.
Appreciate 0