New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-24-2016, 07:28 PM   #23
MetsFan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 G37x

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
I was on a phone call with our PM, our vendor, and our client to explain why the vendor's equipment wasn't working like it was supposed to. Our vendor was blaming the client for all the changes they had made on their end and our PM was throwing our vendor under the bus to cover our ass in front of the client.

When we finished the call, I heard a couple of clicks from people hanging up and then I hear the vendor say, "that guy is such a dick".

My PM then goes, "I don't appreciate being called a dick". They start arguing over the phone for a bit and finally hang up. Our client sent an email later saying how unprofessional our vendor was and bla, bla, bla. Nothing really happened after that, but it was pretty funny at the time.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 10:45 AM   #24
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Working on a military base, setting up video conference centers. The leader of this particular group had to watch us make the setting to mute the audio by default when the session was started from the far end. Apparently his "predecessor" was not aware of this feature, and was going thru some sort of antics when the camera turned on and audio was live. He went on for a while degrading his CO before being told the session was live.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 10:49 AM   #25
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Working on a military base, setting up video conference centers. The leader of this particular group had to watch us make the setting to mute the audio by default when the session was started from the far end. Apparently his "predecessor" was not aware of this feature, and was going thru some sort of antics when the camera turned on and audio was live. He went on for a while degrading his CO before being told the session was live.
#careerendingmove
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 10:50 AM   #26
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
#careerendingmove
Hence the nomenclature "predecessor"
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      09-26-2016, 10:58 AM   #27
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Hence the nomenclature "predecessor"

This is exactly why I didn't hashtag careerLIMITINGmove!
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 11:15 AM   #28
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

last company i was with, we would have monthly safety calls with the entire global company. One of the head safety directors said "God, what a cunt" when he thought his phone was muted.

He got fired during the call...
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      09-26-2016, 11:38 AM   #29
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Oh my.... that's pretty amazing.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 11:53 AM   #30
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
I was leading a WebEx presentation where someone else was presenting and forgot to turn off their popups for messages. Yeah... someone sent a message "God, that lady is a fucking bitch." I believe the person that sent the message's mother died that morning - for the third time - since that we the excuse we used to not get her fired. She was never allowed to interact with that customer again. Sadly, she was dead right. That lady was a fucking bitch.
      09-26-2016, 02:42 PM   #31
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
This happened just today. I was on a conference call with the two owners of my company and a few individuals from the new vendor we are forming a relationship with. Towards the end of the call, one of the owners was going through a list of things we need complete by the end of the week. Right at the end of the list, one of the guys on the other end goes "FUCKING A" We all look at each other confused as hell and the guy finally says, "Sorry, a car pulled out in front of me and cut me off. I thought I was on mute." We all had a good laugh.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 03:56 PM   #32
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
This happened just today. I was on a conference call with the two owners of my company and a few individuals from the new vendor we are forming a relationship with. Towards the end of the call, one of the owners was going through a list of things we need complete by the end of the week. Right at the end of the list, one of the guys on the other end goes "FUCKING A" We all look at each other confused as hell and the guy finally says, "Sorry, a car pulled out in front of me and cut me off. I thought I was on mute." We all had a good laugh.
The age ol' driving while on conference calls snaffoos.

I got a ticket once while on a conference call. but i made sure to mute it and never tell anyone at that company.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 05:26 PM   #33
Mirko
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4M, E90 328i, E84 X1

We had a client and their auditor on a conference call. The client was completely lost and had no idea what the auditor was asking from them and just kept going on and on with their own agenda. After about the third try of the auditor explaining what was needed and the client being out to lunch someone on the line ended up saying "swing and a miss" but thought they were on mute.
08 M Coupe • Ceramic Black Fabspeed Headers • MCS 1WNR • Poly FCAB • Stoptech BBK • Vibra-Tech • Epic Tune • Apex EC7 • RPI Scoop • Eventuri • Stromung • Rogue X Pipe • Varis Diffuser • CF E92 GTS Wing • CF Roof
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 06:52 PM   #34
pukicabuki
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: something with 4 wheels

I work in supply chain and we have manufacturing plants in Mexico.

We were on a quarterly conference call with about 40 of the highest operations executives and mangers from the corporate headquarters and all of our production facilities.

My manager (Latino) and about 15 of our Mexican managers got into a discussion about "just in sequence" delivery methods. The acronym for this is J.I.S. but they all kept pronouncing it "jizz" over and over again for at least 15 minutes. You could hear people in the background, that couldn't get their phones on mute fast enough, laughing hysterically. My team was trapped in the conference room, with my manager repeatedly saying "jizz", fighting to keep from laughing.

That was the most difficult instance of self control in my life.
Appreciate 1
jtodd_fl6703.50
      09-29-2016, 06:58 PM   #35
UglyBuzzard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 / M5

Someone was using a bong during a call. said they were making tea when caught. funniest thing ever.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 09:25 PM   #36
Xtabi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukicabuki

We were on a quarterly conference call with about 40 of the highest operations executives and mangers from the corporate headquarters and all of our production facilities.

My manager (Latino) and about 15 of our Mexican managers got into a discussion about "just in sequence" delivery methods. The acronym for this is J.I.S. but they all kept pronouncing it "jizz" over and over again for at least 15 minutes. You could hear people in the background, that couldn't get their phones on mute fast enough, laughing hysterically. My team was trapped in the conference room, with my manager repeatedly saying "jizz", fighting to keep from laughing.

That is to funny!

Reminds me of the first time I heard the word sharded outside of the movies. It was during a meeting and the agenda covered topics of:

Advantages of sharding
Sharding clusters
Sharding strategy
Considerations before sharding

OMG it was horrible because I was one of the few people that was not a DBA and never heard the term before. We were in a conference room that was packed! The things I had to do to keep from blowing up laughing each time they used the term. My eyes were watering at one point as I attempted to keep everything bottled up!
      09-30-2016, 03:06 AM   #37
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukicabuki

Your company spreads jizz all over Mexico. Isn't that the SugarSkulls method?
      09-30-2016, 09:21 AM   #38
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukicabuki View Post

Reminds me of a Mexican guy we had that had an extremely thick accent. "Yes" was "Jizz" and i couldnt help but laugh everytime. Best was when the boss asked him in a meeting if he had gotten all the safety posters up around the site. The answer was "Jizz, I got them all over." Lost. My. Shit.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2016, 05:42 AM   #39
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Thanks to insomnia and having nobody to talk to at this hour (almost 4 AM), well, here's my first post after an exceedingly busy schedule for almost the entirety of last month since my Godmother had some emergencies that landed her in the ER...

1. So, my friend got rear-ended while driving a rental car, but he used his own insurance with a ridiculously high deductible ($2,500) but he didn't want to pay that much, so we got a manager to take a $300 settlement first and bill the rest, even though she said herself that the latter highly unlikely, but he was still pissed out of his mind.

We agreed on the settlement, then while she was entering the information, he hit the "mute" button and started ranting, saying something like "who the fuck does this c**t think she is? Why the fuck am I still paying for someone else's mistake?" Then while I was reassuring him that it'll probably get refunded... Instead of his car's Bluetooth, we hear on his phone's speaker "well, this c**t was able to hear you, and I renege my offer. $2,500 or we're taking you to court for the full value of the vehicle, please." ...Then we realize he hit the wrong button.

Before I get into the next 2 calls:
I'm part of a sales organization that makes me a decent side income, but they have weekly conference calls, and my supervisors do keep an eye out for who called... The call is usually muted by default, but often they specifically unmute a specific line or unmute all for questions. I do listen to the announcement, but the 2nd half is usually boring stuff that I tune out and let it squawk away until it automatically hangs up. With that in mind:

2. After a team-based weight loss competition, since I felt I didn't lose much, I ignored it. However, I was also running errands all day and haven't even eaten much in 36 hours, I learned that I was apparently 2nd place... While I was at the drive-thru ordering what must've been 3,000 calories and was unmuted. Glad I improvised and said "well, I'm testing to see if the claim about no rebound weight gain was true!"

3. NSFW WARNING!!

This day was another rare occasion where they opened up the phone lines for questions, but my then-girlfriend was aware of how I typically manage conference calls and ignored it while she was showcasing her newest lingerie purchase, and then after I redecorated the bedroom floor with her negligee, I noticed that while I was passionately expressing my appreciation for her, I heard the line roar with laughter and cat-calls until I realized what happened.
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
Aatish3458.00