New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

01-07-2014, 06:37 AM   #1
Stellwind
Italy
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35is

Garage List
Exclamation Z4 sDrive 35is

Hello Everybody, Marry Xmas and Happy New Year!

I am owner of a beautiful z4 sDrive 35is (E89 - born in 2011 )

My question is:

1) i'd Like to change my rims, and i saw those: http://www.breyton.de/global/wheels/list.php (RACE GTS 19'' GLOSSY BLACK) what do you think? do you know this brand, do you know any other good brand to look for some good z4's Rims ?

2)I'd like to change my Angel's eye and internal Lights, maybe some LED, i want the classic strong and blue lights like my high-beam, actually the position lights are still "bad", i mean, they are the old "yello" lights ..

3)About car intertaiment: i do not have the Monitor/NAV from the dashboard, but i do have the Professional Radio, i think my speaker are 4 + the big one on the dashboard, and 2 on the doors (tweeter or what's the name) but they're empy, there's no speaker inside the box..what do you suggest for implement the audio quality?

4 and last question) How could i connect my Iphone 5 to the car and control it with the steering wheel buttons? i also have the bluetooth button but i don0t have the bluetooth

Sorry if i ask so many things but i am so confued, i read all posts about what i just asked, don't worry, but i'd like to talk about it by myself

Hope to hear answers from you!

Thanks

ps: i'll try to put some photos of my car from the Iphone, cuz i don't got any on the computer.
Attached Images

Last edited by Stellwind; 01-07-2014 at 06:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 10:50 AM   #2
rking117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i & 320i

1) not sure on offset and everything i'll let others answer that.
2) I use the CREE angel eyes. they are not a bright as the ones from the factory but are definately note yellow. I actually like mine more because they dont look fuzzy due to the brightness of the ones from the factory when looking at them from the front. They are very noticeable but dont provide much light. Not that i would expect an angle eye to do anyway.
3) I found that the Z has a pretty decent sound system, while it is not high end it does have an ok range in sound. If you are looking for Opera type sounds though you will fnd you will ahve to gut it and start over.
4) If you have the bluetooth button i would suspect you have bluetooth. You can navigate through the radio to see if you find the bluetooth paring function. consult your owners manual for that.
      01-07-2014, 11:17 AM   #3
Stellwind
Italy
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rking117 View Post
4) If you have the bluetooth button i would suspect you have bluetooth. You can navigate through the radio to see if you find the bluetooth paring function. consult your owners manual for that.
Already did, i do not have any kind of Bluetooth setup or options to pair my phone, my radio is very simple, even if it's "professional"
Thank you for other answers, i think i will not improve/upgrade my audio system, would be too much expansive and i don't want someone to dismantle my car, even if it's bmw certified.
the thing i still don't know and i want to know is how to know (sorry my pun)if my car can fit the rims, actually i read something about offsets 8J 8,5 J, etc etc but i didn't understand much
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 11:50 AM   #4
pete_z89
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 sdrive35i sound/sport/nav

Quote:
Originally Posted by rking117 View Post
1) not sure on offset and everything i'll let others answer that.
3) I found that the Z has a pretty decent sound system, while it is not high end it does have an ok range in sound. If you are looking for Opera type sounds though you will fnd you will ahve to gut it and start over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellwind View Post
Already did, i do not have any kind of Bluetooth setup or options to pair my phone, my radio is very simple, even if it's "professional"
Thank you for other answers, i think i will not improve/upgrade my audio system, would be too much expansive and i don't want someone to dismantle my car, even if it's bmw certified.
the thing i still don't know and i want to know is how to know (sorry my pun)if my car can fit the rims, actually i read something about offsets 8J 8,5 J, etc etc but i didn't understand much

(1) The stock offset of the rims you have are +29 in front and +40 in rear. With 8" rims wide in front and 8.5" rims wide in rear. Look at how much space you have from the edge of the rim to the fender well and make your best decision. I had the same rims as you and went with 8.5" +35 in front and 9.5" +35 in rear. There's still just a tad of space in between the edge of the tire and the fender. But it's a LOT better than the stock spacing. I wouldn't go any more aggressive in the front, but I think as low as +27 in the rear will still fit with a 9.5" rim.

(3) It sounds like you didn't get the Hi-Fi sound system. I know VERY little about sound systems, but if you want to add speakers where there are empty spaces, see a local audio shop and see what they tell you. They'll have to install an amp most likely and the speakers, obviously, but the hard part enlies in wiring everything up. See what they tell you.

(4) You don't have the bluetooth system. You can retrofit it though. Mine came with the bluetooth already installed/connected, so I don't know too much about it. But I think it should be ~$500 to ~$600 to get it fully functional. Just start researching around the internet and see what you can find. Start here maybe: http://www.bimmernav.com/store/catal...o-item-92.html
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 12:57 PM   #5
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Hi welcome!

For the angel eyes, I tried some CREE brand LED from ebay (I think the same as rking117) and the color was nice but there was not much light, so I returned to the stock halogen bulb. It seems like the LUX angel eyes are best LED choice for brightness close to stock.

My model year 2012 car does not have NAV either and I can skip songs on my iphone5s when streaming music via internet using the steering wheel button by connecting the iphone cable into the car's USB port and selecting "ipod" as the audio source. I can dial and hang up phone calls using the stereo and hang up using the steering wheel button when my phone is paired using bluetooth.

Unfortunately, there is not much more phone integration possible without the BMW Apps and the iDrive

For the stereo, I have the "premium sound" but it is not that great sounding because of all the road noise. Personally, I am not sure audio upgrade is worth it for our cars, since there is a lot of road noise even when the top is up.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 07:33 AM   #6
Stellwind
Italy
Rep

Garage List
Okay guys, thanks everybody for your asnwers, yesterday i bought this cable http://www.bmw.it/it/topics/clienti-...ryId=8951.html from BMW, then i bought the lightning adapter so i can change songs from my steering wheel's buttons and recharge my phone.
I think i have to buy the bluetooth system, i don't know if it's worth to be bought, also because i can hear the call from the aux directly on my sound system, only the mic is missing :|
About led lights, i will change the interior ones, what do you think about those: http://www.bmw.it/it/topics/clienti-...ryId=8417.html ??
I think i will put these
Appreciate 0