New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

02-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
stablearchitecture
Rep
Drives: Sdrive 35iS - loaded

Garage List
Speaker upgrade - with NAV fitted

I have just installed a Blaupunkt plug and play amplifier into my E89, Sdrive 35iS and it all works fine.

I was struggling to find information on this so I will be posting photographs and a full description once I've had a chance to write it up.

Just anyone out there who's thinking of doing this, my car is fully loaded with the exception of a speaker upgrade package, therefore it is fitted with the NAV system but the basic stock speakers.
at the moment I've purely only upgraded the amplifier with a plug and play hidden system which still looks completely stock and hasn't involved cutting any wires.
I am also about to install the to additional ( missing) tweeters from the top of the door panel, again to look totally stock and just increase the sound quality.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
Wiles
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.5i MSport manual, 2020X3M

Garage List
2012 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Keep us posted

Having been totally unimpressed by my "upgraded" oem system. I have searched for some more info and others experiences regarding improving the rear sound from my z4.
Tell us more about the amp you installed. Cost. Model. Etc

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
stablearchitecture
Rep
Drives: Sdrive 35iS - loaded

Garage List
I wanted to go with something that looked totally stock, I didn't want anything visible at all and also didn't really want to spend too much on the upgrade as I don't intend to keep the car for longer than 12 months anyway but felt it was missing something in the sound system.

So after a lot of research I opted for a plug and play amplifier, it's made by Blauplunk, The model is THA-475-PNP. You also have to purchase a wiring loom extender and the BMW adapter, in the UK the total price was around £230.

Essentially it plugs into the back of the existing head unit (either the standard version or the sat Nav version) and then essentially overrides the inbuilt amplifier and gives a better quality of sound to the existing speakers.

I hope this helps
Appreciate 0