New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

03-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #1
Ced
Private
Rep
Drives: E36 E46 M3

Z4 at Atlanta Car Show

I hope it will be there this weekend. I got my camera ready. This will help me make my decision on which car I will get.

http://www.accessatlanta.com/all/eve...eventid=229204
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 11:58 PM   #2
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
You'll love it!!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 03:00 AM   #3
Ced
Private
Rep

I finally got to see the new Z4 in person. From my perspective, it looks better in the previous photos I've seen (I usually think a car looks better in person), but my shap shots seem to depict exactly what I see. Basically, I was anxious to see the car because I was at a decision point on making a purchase. Would it be the Z4 twin turbo, the new M3, the 997 911 Carerra S, or even the Audi S5? Would the Z4 takes me by storm and get my vote? Well.....

It didn't do it.

It wasn't mean enough coming from my E46 M3 with AC Schniztner CF lip spoiler, CSL Trunklid, and nice BBS RSGT wheels with Brembo BBKs that really set off its masculine looks from its broad shoulders and mide fenders. My track E36 M3 is really boyish looking too, with it track splitter upfront and spoiler on the back, lowered to right level.

Perhaps, the new Z4 needed some cosmetic tweaks.

Before I even got to the show, I had really made up my mind. I started to see a little softness in the Z4 in some of the pics. No, that couldn't be true. Man, there are some awesome action pics of the Z4. I don't know, it could be mental, but my mind was set on this car, I just purchased today. I couldn't wait....

I just purchased my first Porsche, and it's the 911, 997 Carrera S in Guards Red. Now, that's definitely a masculine looking car without a doubt. Awwwww no twin turbo Z4

My pics seem to convey the softness more... haha.. how could that be???

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2009, 12:33 AM   #4
akack79
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 M3 ZCP

new Z4 looks gorgeous
      03-19-2009, 01:10 AM   #5
patrice03
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: z23 318d f30

dont know if you have the opportunity to see z4 without extended leather option in atlanta, if yes, could someone tell me how dashboard plastics are ? softtouch ? quality ? .. not obsessed with softtouch plstics, but must say that quite disappointed by those used for doors (bottom), was wondering if same used on top doors / dashboard. t ks
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2009, 03:46 AM   #6
Shakal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ced View Post

This is what I don't like... too long back when roof is open. Thats one of reasons why want coupe version which won't have that long back.

Looks like Im going to order AW E92 335i with M package for a second car, until (if they will) BMW make a coupe version of Z4.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 11:19 PM   #7
NFexec
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 E91; '12 Z4 35i

OK - so you think it looks "soft" (I have no idea what you mean by that), but will you tell us how it handled when you DROVE it? Do you buy cars only on looks? The way it accelerates, brakes, handles curves, responds to your hands and feet - and of course the way it just FEELS must not matter to you, eh?

Sorry - but I just don't get it when people dismiss a car before they even take it for a spin. If you don't like the way it looks, then that's your prerogative.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 11:05 AM   #8
Ced
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFexec View Post
OK - so you think it looks "soft" (I have no idea what you mean by that), but will you tell us how it handled when you DROVE it? Do you buy cars only on looks? The way it accelerates, brakes, handles curves, responds to your hands and feet - and of course the way it just FEELS must not matter to you, eh?

Sorry - but I just don't get it when people dismiss a car before they even take it for a spin. If you don't like the way it looks, then that's your prerogative.
Soft meaning not "mean" enough looking. In terms of driving, I'm not concerned. I own 3 modified BMWs. Dinan S2 E46 M3 + a complete exhaust system, and a track prepped Ground Control Coilover Dinan Stage 5 E36 M3 with Schrick cams, diff gears, etc etc, and I hit the track more often then you even know.

So, from that description, I dont think I would be too concerned about the car's performance, but it definitely wouldn't surpass either of those cars.

BMWs handle well in general, not a question in my book, maybe yours. So, I could place emphasis on looks.
Appreciate 0