New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

03-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #23
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooDy151 View Post
I go to track twice or more every month and mountain run every week.
Do you have the additional radiator from the 1M / 335is or an aftermarket oil cooler? How are your coolant and oil temperatures?

And if you don't mind me asking, what kind of times are you getting in the Z4 at sears point or thunderhill ?

Thanks for the info. Great perspective.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #24
GooDy151
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Do you have the additional radiator from the 1M / 335is or an aftermarket oil cooler? How are your coolant and oil temperatures?

And if you don't mind me asking, what kind of times are you getting in the Z4 at sears point or thunderhill ?

Thanks for the info. Great perspective.
Oil cooler is on the way still figure which one to use. Oil temp is high after 5 laps but nothing serious since I don't run no more than 7 laps and obviously hit some traffic anyway and it got to cool down a bit.

I don't have water temp gauge yet ( looking to install it soon ) and never really got warning light or over heating yet. I do not know if you can use iDrive to monitor you water temp or not.

Brake is fade more than any other mechanical thing like temp in any liquid so I'm dealling with brake situation now more than looking into temp problem. In future I'll have oil pressure gauge and water temp gauge pretty soon.

I took z4 to tack twice and first time was super stock more likely learning the car and has no mod on it. I run about 2:20 on runflat 225 F 255 R

second time I have KW and inter cooler DCI no stock ecu with nt01 I run best 2:10 still working on adjusting the suspension.

Just to give you an idea. I'm not professional driver just like to track and don't claim that I have good driving skill. So don't rely on those time as mush.

On 997 I ran sub2 easy on hoosier on nt01 2:03 is average got in to sub 2 couple time depends on traffic and track temp.

In my mind I think z4 will hit sub2 with hoosier after I put all mods that I have listed in my mind. I even feel I can beat 997(with really good brake though). Since FR is easier to drive for me. I do not like RR car at all.

Porsche take different way to get through corner than FR and I still can not optimum the way of driving it.

E89 is well balance car. I just wish it has hardtop version(non-open top function)

This is base on T-hill raceway.

'99 Subaru Impreza 2.2 JE pistons , HKS rods , Jun cam 272 / 272, Greddy T78 32D , Sard 1000cc Inj., Tein and Tomei SQ trans , 10.21sec
Appreciate 0