New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-08-2015, 02:49 PM   #133
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
This is what I don't get. In a city of close to 4 million people, why choose a measly 12 safezones? And it seemed that there were only like 30 people in this particular safezone. What's the point of creating these safezones if the other 3+ million people become zombies, surround the safezone and easily overrun the safezone? And then to have a protocol for the termination of the safezone residents if and when the safezone was going to be vacated by the government (which was going to happen eventually)? Am I missing something?
#1. Resources aren't infinite.

#2. Would you have preferred that the military just did nothing?

#3. Always have an exit strategy.
      10-08-2015, 05:50 PM   #134
schoy
Major
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
#1. Resources aren't infinite.

#2. Would you have preferred that the military just did nothing?

#3. Always have an exit strategy.
I get all of that. However, it's a terribly inefficient use of resources on a plan that was designed to fail and ultimately end in the deaths of those you were protecting in the first place, i.e. 100% expected failure rate. Why create pockets of safezones in a dangerous location when it would be better for the populace to just be relocated? Since this safezone had, what, 30 people, it would have taken a couple of helicopters to move them to safety in a matter of hours, thereby safeguarding the lives of both the residents and the soldiers assigned to protect them.

I can understand irrational human behavior, particularly in a high-stress environment (see my posts above), so I'm less bothered by the stupidity exhibited by some of the characters (as compared to TXSTYLE, for instance). However, I have less patience for obvious plot holes or highly improbable plot situations.

Last edited by schoy; 10-08-2015 at 05:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 11:25 PM   #135
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

So in that final scene with Travis and Maddie: anyone else seen "From here to eternity"?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 09:54 AM   #136
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
I get all of that. However, it's a terribly inefficient use of resources on a plan that was designed to fail and ultimately end in the deaths of those you were protecting in the first place, i.e. 100% expected failure rate. Why create pockets of safezones in a dangerous location when it would be better for the populace to just be relocated? Since this safezone had, what, 30 people, it would have taken a couple of helicopters to move them to safety in a matter of hours, thereby safeguarding the lives of both the residents and the soldiers assigned to protect them.

I can understand irrational human behavior, particularly in a high-stress environment (see my posts above), so I'm less bothered by the stupidity exhibited by some of the characters (as compared to TXSTYLE, for instance). However, I have less patience for obvious plot holes or highly improbable plot situations.
Highly improbable plot situations? Like maybe, I don't know, a zombie apocalypse? Come on... You're trying way too hard to nitpick the show. Just don't watch it if you don't like it. Pretty simple.
      10-11-2015, 11:55 AM   #137
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Surprised that Nick has been accidentally popped for looking far too much like a Walker. Clothes, hair, stumbly walk, always has blood on him....

The opening scene of the series with him, I thought they were making a Jim Morrison rock star scene - only to find out junkie unlikeable loser character.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 08:06 AM   #138
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Enough with this POS show. The OG Walking Dead is back in action.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 11:06 AM   #139
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Original is better.
Appreciate 0