New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-05-2015, 05:34 PM   #23
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

So what's going on
still Poop shit shit and poop??
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2015, 06:36 PM   #24
fisen
Rep
Drives: 235i

sound like your pretty sick buddy, but id wait for your blood tests to come back and the ct should show up anything serious. hydration is important but there are many things that could be causing your symptoms
good luck
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 12:25 PM   #25
mccannable
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1

I'm now drinking a liter of Gatorade and iodine on an empty hurting stomach. I see this going well.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 12:39 PM   #26
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

How you feeling so far? Are you eating yet?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 01:04 PM   #27
mccannable
First Lieutenant
Rep

It's not going well. There is no way I can drink this much liquid. I have only been able to sip water theses past few days.

Funny thing is as I sit here feeing like shit I am reading tons of studies on Oral contrast not being necessary for accurate diagnosis. Maybe I should have called around and found someone that doesn't require it.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 06:55 PM   #28
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccannable View Post
I came down with something fierce yesterday and it's not improving. I am in a high level of discomfort and some stomach pain. I'm contemplating going to the emergency room but I'm not sure they will do anything. I just want to not hurt. Anyone have any advice, Google didn't help too much.
First... NEVER try and get "Medical Advice from a Car Forum". I hate when people make light of others illness and or discomfort. And it has ZERO to do with 'taking a joke'. If a sick person wanted to laugh, I'm sure they wouldn't pose such a serious question.
My advice to you or anyone... You have but only ONE life. Take it VERY seriously! I don't F around when it comes to my health at all. If I feel like something is truly bothering me and typical OTC meds or some of the prescrips I keep on hand aren't working, or it lasts more than 2 days, I go to my Dr. If I did not have one of those, I'm going to the ER. Just be prepared to fork over @ $10k for a typical ER visit. With or without insurance, that is the typical cost. Truly a damn shame, but, what is your LIFE worth...?

*edit* with insurance you're paying @ $3 - 4k depending on deductible.
      10-06-2015, 07:02 PM   #29
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

TX is right, get to the doctor. If you can only sip water because of stomach pain, get some professional help...
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 07:13 PM   #30
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

I've only felt like dying twice in my life... once after food poisoning... it luckily lasted only one day and I was good as new... the second time and this was the sickest that I've ever been in my life, was on new year's a few years back. I was in a Eastern European (lol) country dancing in the snow in 30F weather in my bare feet whilst being completely intoxicated on good old jack... let's just say, the next day I woke up dead (not sure if that's possible), completely shaking, with a massive headache, chills and a flying fever. The very next day I had a flight back to the US and I thought I was going to die... when I arrived, I went to sleep for like 3 days and caught a massive bout of diarrhea for like a week straight... then it went from throwing up to diarrhea and back and forth... about 6-7 days later I felt like new... I was on Theraflu, Vitamin C pills, tylenol and virtually everything else... I have never felt like that since in my life.

No idea how my story helps... but definitely take car of your health... I should have ended up in the ER instead it was dreadful for days... also with good insurance, an ER visit should never cost over $1K...
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 07:17 PM   #31
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

While we're on the subject...

There was a time when I stopped getting FLU Shots: I'd say from my late 20's to late 30's. I figured since I never caught the flu why bother? But little did I know, my ass had just been "Epic Lucky or Blessed"! It was on Christmas Day 2008... I went to sleep feeling 'off'. The next day on Christmas, we were planning to head out to our traditional Family Dinner in Dallas, but I was freezing my ass off in the house with the heat going. I had on pj's, a skully cap and a blanket walking around. I told my wife they can go ahead and I'll take it easy. Well a couple hours later, my heart was pounding!!! And I felt like I was about to faint. Fortunately we live @ 7min from the nearest hospital. I drove up there, checked myself into ER. They ran some tests and sure enough I had the FLU... Big Time! I was very dehydrated, and running a major temp. They ran an IV and added some fluids, relaxer and vitamin B I believe. I started feeling better shortly after. Doc explained that I could have caused "serious damage" had I stayed home and tried to manage myself. He went on to explain that never think of a FLU shot as a pure prevent measure. It may in fact prevent it. but it's main purpose is to "lessen your symptoms and aid in recovery should you contract it." Bros, I took those words to heart! I now get my Flu shot every year in September way before the Flu season goes full blown!
Words to the wise... And here is another very helpful tip... WASH YOUR HANDS like you are a 'germaphobe'! That alone will save your ass more than ANYTHING else.
      10-06-2015, 11:41 PM   #32
mccannable
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks again. I was improving until the contrast I had to drink and have felt like I am going to puke ever since. The pains and fever are gone. Just the diarrhea and puke feeling. I knew the stuff would mess me up.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 12:52 AM   #33
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Well, I did have stomach flu, plus an embarrassing story to go with it here...

Just keep yourself hydrated (because you WILL be dehydrated), and Imodium AD helps... Stomach flu is viral so no meds will help; all I got prescribed was Lomotil (a stronger, prescription-only version of Imodium) and I think Tylenol, and survived off chicken soup and the bare minimum of water for 3 days. Also, for the love of everything great in your life, stay away from people. They will hate you forever if you got it... I think it was Chris Rock, but a comedian said it best when he said "it's one of those diseases where I'd pay you just to stay the hell away from me".
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 01:07 AM   #34
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

OP, you alive???
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 01:24 AM   #35
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Wow, even with insurance your hospital bills are insane. You must feel sick as hell to even consider going in I guess.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 01:33 AM   #36
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Stomach flu is the absolute worst, especially for extremely active people who work out 2+ hours per day (ie not used to sitting on the couch all day). I've had it twice in my life, and wouldn't wish it on anybody else. For the first 48 hours, I'd throw up about once every two hours. After throwing up, I'd feel great for an hour, then the next hour the pain and nausea would slowly creep up to the point I'm projectile vomiting everywhere. Dry heaves are the worst, the second 24 hours is nothing but dry heaves because everything has already been evacuated from your system.

The best thing to do is just stay hydrated, drink drink drink (which is hard to do because you know it's coming back up anyway). Going to the doctor/hospital is pointless as long as you can stay hydrated, they'll just tell you that you need to tough it out.

Good luck. To put it in perspective, my workout weight is around 240lbs. Both times I've had the stomach flu, I've lost 20lbs in the first week, and it took me nearly three months each time to get back to 240lbs and my usual strength. It just takes me seemingly forever to get back to my old self, I'm weaker, have less endurance, etc. for at least three months after the first symptoms show up.

I rarely eat with my hands anymore, and if I'm ever out in public I always wash my hands when I get back home. I never put my fingers in my eyes, and try to keep my fingers on my face to a minimum. I eat almost everything with a fork now, I'm paranoid of ever getting this condition again.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 12:41 PM   #37
mccannable
First Lieutenant
Rep

Alive and well. Everything's back to normal. As far as hospital cost go, I don't car about money when I'm. I am a cheapass every other day. I do have really good health care too. I glad this is behind me.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 07:39 PM   #38
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
I had it 3 times in my life and I just manned up against it.
My toilet suffered it more than I did and I usually lost about 10~15lb afterward.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 10:32 AM   #39
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Here I'm giving advice. Thursday about 11pm I started feeling ill. Friday morning I felt totally wasted, stomach pains, dehydrated already. Had a massage scheduled at 10 but she wouldn't touch me. About 11 I was FAMISHED and there was a Jersey Mike's next to me.

I played soccer at 7 Friday night. . .
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 01:09 PM   #40
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

This shit is DEFINITELY running rampant!!!

I had it or a variant of the Flu last week myself:

Woke up, felt very blah, had my usual Protein Shake. @ 30min later, vomited it all up and had diarrhea. I tried to drink some water, would not stay down. Zero appetite the entire day and eventually started running a fever!
Later that day, I made fresh Ginger and Honey Tea but added salt to it as well. I also ate a half croissant. Was able to keep it down. Then took 2 advil (400mg) and that night, my wife made me chicken & rice soup. I woke up the following day feeling almost my normal self. Rested and took it easy that whole next day. Temp normal. I drank Gatorade and Green Tea and very lite food. I was back to normal after the 3rd day.
My wife and younger son had similar symptoms prior themselves. And several friends who I had no contact with also had this.

Hopefully my above remedies will help you all if you get sick...
      10-25-2015, 01:16 PM   #41
jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a

hey, sorry for the delay, just saw this,

I originally was admitted into hospital displaying T1 symptoms (after things went extremely weird over 2 weeks)
urinating litres of clear liquid and drinking shit loads of water, cramps fuzzy vision
(although for a good year - in hindsight I had DM symptoms)
due to my age (under 40), admitted BG (24 or about 432 mmol's) and how the symptoms came on rapidly the consultant (head of diabetics) said I was T1 and put me on insulin therapy

After a few months I found that my BG's where good and said was there a chance I was T2 (they said no- I was in a honeymoon period)

2 years on and I could still skip insulin injections and BG's where fine (funny that a honeymoon period is only about 6 months !).

...........move on to 2 years ago (in Canada) Doctor said no way was T1, but I was T2, so put me on Janumet and (basal dose) Lantus- insulin
(which wont work if your a true t1)

my DN said it's possible 2 things happened

1> T2 can show like T1 (and then you are diagnosed as a T1)
2> The sudden life style change and insulin gave my pancreas a break

Hey there's more to this shit that meets the eye

ever heard of LADA - t1.5

enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Wait, how did you go from T1 to T2????? I want some of whatever it is you were smoking

Last edited by jaye944; 10-25-2015 at 01:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2015, 10:27 AM   #42
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

LADA seems more like non-practicing T1 or really extreme practicing T2 to me, but they keep re-writing the medical books to match up to insurance needs, methinks.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2015, 10:33 AM   #43
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

There seems to be a lot of algebra going on here.... OP, you alive?
I think that's the main concern here
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2015, 11:06 AM   #44
jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a

correct, anyway one for the books I guess,

"my journey from T1 to T2" lolz

I'm gonna start to believe thoes,

"maybe all yall gots is a little bit of this sugar diabeetus"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
LADA seems more like non-practicing T1 or really extreme practicing T2 to me, but they keep re-writing the medical books to match up to insurance needs, methinks.
Appreciate 0