New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-12-2015, 05:26 AM   #1
hipp
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Car Reminders - Stop Forgetting Your Insurance Expiry Date, Inspection and Others

Hello,

In the last couple of weeks i developed an Android app for cars. This app is sending you notifications every time your insurance, inspection, road tax and others are about to expire.

The app is on Google play for 3 days, you can get it from here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.carreminders

Some feedback on this app would help me a lot. If you could told me what would make you use this app and what other features would you like to be added to it, i would greatly appreciate it

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 12:49 PM   #2
hipp
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Anyone tried it? Any feedback is great!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 01:08 PM   #3
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

I did not try it, and I'll tell you a little story why;

My bike is 3 years past due on tags and inspection.

I do like your idea though for people who do these things the right way.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2015, 04:24 AM   #4
hipp
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Yeah, i don't think that it's the right app for you :P

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2015, 06:08 AM   #5
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I haven't tried it because there are no inspections where I live, my registration expires on my birthday (easy to remember and I get notices by mail well in advance) and I am reminded about insurance payments by Quicken + my insurer sends me notices as expiration approaches. I think MyCarFax has some of these features built in as well.
      11-20-2015, 06:38 AM   #6
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

If you lose your renewal for your reggie where I live, can you believe you need to download forms and get them notarized? It IS a big deal. Just not sure if a responsible person forgets such important things...
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2015, 10:09 AM   #7
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

I did not try it and here's why...

1. Most insurance nowadays have a set it and forget it... They just deduct the money directly from my bank account or you can pay in full for 6 months / 12 months for a discount...

2. Registration / tags - notice comes in the mail... Why would you not pay it when you first get it? Plus the incentivize you to pay now and get discount...

3. And I don't have android I have an iPhone...

If you are even somewhat responsible, app is redundant...
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2015, 10:51 AM   #8
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Aren't these things usually at the same time every year? Like registration is on bday and my insurance is every 6 months. So if I had problems remembering this (and I didn't get 20 emails and letters reminding me) couldn't I just use the regular reminder function on my phone to remind me every year to do this?

That's my 2 cent.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2015, 12:48 PM   #9
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Aren't these things usually at the same time every year? Like registration is on bday and my insurance is every 6 months. So if I had problems remembering this (and I didn't get 20 emails and letters reminding me) couldn't I just use the regular reminder function on my phone to remind me every year to do this?

That's my 2 cent.
Right. It's Drivers License expires on your birthday but in California that's like every 8 years or something like that... Registration is the month that you purchased / leased / registered your vehicle, but you'd have to be all kinds of short yellow bus to NOT know your registration was going to expire - like, oh I don't know, every letter the DMV sends you months in advance or every time you walk towards your car / put something in your trunk??
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2015, 08:36 AM   #10
hipp
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Well i guess all those things depend on where you live... Apparently if you live in the US you won't need all those features.

But in my country you don't get reminders for anything (only in some cases from the insurance company) and I'm pretty sure there are a lot of other countries with the same rules, in which the app will come handy.
Appreciate 0