New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-18-2017, 08:50 AM   #5193
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Gin.
Attached Images

08-20-2017, 04:55 PM   #5194
Banana Hammock
Beefcake
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Commencing the first phase of upgrading my new Benelli M4. Hopefully the moderators agree these are not weapons in themselves. I intentionally am not attaching images of the full M4 with these upgrades in an effort to comply.

First and foremost, I picked up a Scalarworks "SYNC Trijicon RMR Bundle" that includes a Trijicon RM06 mini reflex sight and a Scalarworks SYNC mount. This setup replaces the OEM rail and enables the user to co-witness the red dot and iron sights. Super psyched to get this setup as I consider this the absolute-best sight option available for the M4. Doesn't hurt that they're in next door in Pennsylvania.

Next, I wanted an oversized safety. RCI-XRAIL in black was my choice. Their product seems a bit more refined than most other options, without getting resorting to bling like the Taran Tactical offering. RCI-XRAIL's first-rate customer service and order processing made this an easy choice.

A new charging handle almost seems obligatory when swapping parts on an M4. Freedom Fighter Tactical got my money here. I chose the unpolished 1/2" titanium version. I considered the 3/4" version but just seemed a bit jumbo and over the top.

Lastly, I ordered a GG&G Bolt Release Pad (in black). I chose the GG&G bolt release because their kit doesn't require drilling and tapping the OEM bolt release; and is generally highly regarded.
The 2nd pic makes it look like a tactical knife with a red dot.
Appreciate 1
      08-21-2017, 12:24 AM   #5195
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Safety, some brake duct vents on a lip and a MAGA hat
Attached Images

08-22-2017, 06:39 AM   #5196
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Hand vacuum for the cars.

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 06:59 AM   #5197
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
Hand vacuum for the cars.

[img]https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/e95...0&odnBg=FFFFFF[/img]
I REALLY wish you'd asked about this before you spent the money. I could have pulled the 2 I had bought out of the trash so you could see how lousy they are for using on cars (short battery time, cumbersome and crappy). Expensive POS, but I honestly hope it works out better for you. If you can return it, there are better options for way less money.
Attached Images

Nkc1600.50
P111541.50
      08-22-2017, 07:47 AM   #5198
stooker
F80 n00b
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 / '06 S2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
I REALLY wish you'd asked about this before you spent the money. I could have pulled the 2 I had bought out of the trash so you could see how lousy they are for using on cars (short battery time, cumbersome and crappy). Expensive POS, but I honestly hope it works out better for you. If you can return it, there are better options for way less money.
Dysons have always felt cheap and chintzy to me. More marketing hype than anything. They may be good vacuums, but not for the price. I love our Shark Rotator at a fraction of the cost.
Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00
      08-22-2017, 07:55 AM   #5199
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Corvette Grand Sport

New wheel. The third new wheel in under 4k miles because apparently no one can mount tires of this size without completely destroying the wheel.

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 07:57 AM   #5200
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the input. I ended up cancelling the order. Do you have another cordless hand vac for cars that doesn't have shit batteries that die after a week of use?
Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00
      08-22-2017, 08:56 AM   #5201
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Thanks for the input. I ended up cancelling the order. Do you have another cordless hand vac for cars that doesn't have shit batteries that die after a week of use?
I'm glad you were able to avoid the mistake I made (and mine was 2x as bad since I bought 2!). I admit I fell victim to thinking a "premium brand" would be better. It just cost more. I ended up with a Shark for $59 that sucks up everything just as strongly (it also has a brush), battery lasts longer and isn't as clunky to use as the Dyson's were. It's about 3 years old and still going strong. And you've got to love the groovy purple color For really big jobs like on my Jeep, I have a wall mount Bissell in the garage, but I love the shark to refresh my mats.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...uum/1017127438
Axius4202.00
      08-22-2017, 09:04 AM   #5202
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
I'm glad you were able to avoid the mistake I made (and mine was 2x as bad since I bought 2!). I admit I fell victim to thinking a "premium brand" would be better. It just cost more. I ended up with a Shark for $59 that sucks up everything just as strongly (it also has a brush), battery lasts longer and isn't as clunky to use as the Dyson's were. It's about 3 years old and still going strong. And you've got to love the groovy purple color For really big jobs like on my Jeep, I have a wall mount Bissell in the garage, but I love the shark to refresh my mats.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...uum/1017127438
Sweet, that looks like it'll work perfect.

Will have to get some shit carbon fiber wrap from Autozone to hide the purple, but other than that looks solid. I'm particular about my cars, so not much heavy duty going on, just typical little shit from foot traffic.
Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00
      08-22-2017, 12:20 PM   #5203
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
don't your regular vacuums have attachments? i hate buying stuff if i can avoid it. a lot of the car's interior needs pretty narrow suckers anyways
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 12:56 PM   #5204
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
don't your regular vacuums have attachments? i hate buying stuff if i can avoid it. a lot of the car's interior needs pretty narrow suckers anyways
I sold my house a while ago and have been relocated, moved into an apartment. My garage doesn't have a plug for a shop vac, so this will be easily transferable between cars to keep them clean and not have to tote around a whole vacuum / extension cords.

I ended up opting for this that plugs into the cigarette lighter and has a spout that should get pretty much all areas. Buddy has a similar one I saw him use over the weekend, so I'll try this out and if it sucks will just send back and try another.

Appreciate 2
wrickem2101.00
      08-22-2017, 04:46 PM   #5205
DSB335d
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 335d DSB/oyster&black/navi

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
I sold my house a while ago and have been relocated, moved into an apartment. My garage doesn't have a plug for a shop vac, so this will be easily transferable between cars to keep them clean and not have to tote around a whole vacuum / extension cords.

I ended up opting for this that plugs into the cigarette lighter and has a spout that should get pretty much all areas. Buddy has a similar one I saw him use over the weekend, so I'll try this out and if it sucks will just send back and try another.

If your garage has a garage door opener then there is an outlet on the ceiling. You could add an adapter plug so you can plug in the garage door opener and run an extension cord so you can have power in your garage.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2017, 06:28 AM   #5206
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSB335d View Post
If your garage has a garage door opener then there is an outlet on the ceiling. You could add an adapter plug so you can plug in the garage door opener and run an extension cord so you can have power in your garage.
It's not a single unit unfortunately, it's a parking garage, so I just pay each month for a spot. It's not ideal, but it's temperature controlled and has a wash bay, so that's nice at least.
Appreciate 1
DSB335d1320.50
      08-23-2017, 11:33 AM   #5207
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Space Grey 335i

About $9,000 of stuff to renovate 2 bathrooms

(almost 4 pallets)

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 3
wrickem2101.00
Nachbar8023.00
nyalpine907384.50
      08-23-2017, 11:50 AM   #5208
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by My335iTT View Post

(almost 4 pallets)
Good luck! We should be starting our's in about a month. Looking forward to being done but not living through the work.
      08-23-2017, 01:12 PM   #5209
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by My335iTT View Post

(almost 4 pallets)
Been there, done that. Have fun!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2017, 06:05 PM   #5210
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Bought a 2015 1299s last week... but it was unfortunately damaged during transport from TN to N.Y..

Do NOT use Premier Motorcycle Transport to ship your vehicles. EVER.
Attached Images

08-23-2017, 06:12 PM   #5211
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Same thing happened when I moved my bike from MI to NC, and NC to OH. First was a broken mirror, second was broken tail lights.

Make a claim, all of my repairs were paid for by the moving company.
Appreciate 1
      08-23-2017, 06:24 PM   #5212
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius
Same thing happened when I moved my bike from MI to NC, and NC to OH. First was a broken mirror, second was broken tail lights.

Make a claim, all of my repairs were paid for by the moving company.
Thanks for the advice and direction. I am definitely pushing forward through the claim process and holding them responsible for this.

Just a damn shame to deal with this depreciation on such a well kept bike for an extremely good deal from a private seller.

.... didn't even get a chance to put ONE mile one her, and she's already on the repair bed... and tainted now, to no fault of my own other than an extremely poor choice in a shipping company.
      08-23-2017, 06:39 PM   #5213
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Thanks for the advice and direction. I am definitely pushing forward through the claim process and holding them responsible for this.

Just a damn shame to deal with this depreciation on such a well kept bike for an extremely good deal from a private seller.

.... didn't even get a chance to put ONE mile one her, and she's already on the repair bed... and tainted now, to no fault of my own other than an extremely poor choice in a shipping company.
Don't think of it like that. Get an articulated estimate together for a full repair, even if it means replacing factory plastic so there isn't any body work that needs to be done, and submit it. This will maintain the bike as it should be, since replaced cosmetics don't affect value.

Depreciation isn't there over something this frivolous. Just have it done right, and submit a complete complaint with documentation. Was there insurance provided with the initial cost, was it extra to add insurance and you didn't? Caveats can be your worst enemy.
Appreciate 1
      08-23-2017, 06:59 PM   #5214
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post

Don't think of it like that. Get an articulated estimate together for a full repair, even if it means replacing factory plastic so there isn't any body work that needs to be done, and submit it. This will maintain the bike as it should be, since replaced cosmetics don't affect value.

Depreciation isn't there over something this frivolous. Just have it done right, and submit a complete complaint with documentation. Was there insurance provided with the initial cost, was it extra to add insurance and you didn't? Caveats can be your worst enemy.
Thanks again, for keeping me grounded and focused. Initially I was heated and disappointed, but your points are valid and reasonable and reassuring, lol.

Yes, I had insurance for the transportation process, so finacially they are responsible for these repairs. I will get the work done at a certified Ducati service center and they will just have to foot the bill.

Just disappointed to see damages on a bike I was so excited to get this week, but like you said, the plastics won't have a huge impact on it's value.

Looking at the bright side because of you... maybe I can get a unique paint scheme on the new fairings, as I do like to customize all of my toys, lol.

Thanks, Axius. Just good to vent to someone who understands the pain of seeing damaged goods... and the Wray and Nephews is helping a bit as well!