New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

07-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #23
javol
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT

Newbie question.

What's the problem with the rear, except the lost of the e-parking brake?

In other words, the only thing i lose is the parking brake (if i decide to install YES or YES some BBK both on front and rear), or the installation itself is NOT possible due to the e-parking brake presence?

Thank you!
2012 Z4 35i DCT Black/Beige - 20" Vossen CV3, PB-Brake BBK, ///M Front Bumper, ///M Steering Wheel, Led Angel Eyes, Black Grille, Short Antenna - Tuning: JB4 Map 2, Custom Made 3" DPs & MPs, BMS Dual Intake - Desire list: 3D Design Front Lip, Meth Kit, FMIC.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #24
Drew@Sonic MS
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

It's possible but you just lose your parking brake. If you have a manual you can just leave it in gear and as long as youre not parking on a lot of hills like San Francisco's you should be fine.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #25
javol
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew@Sonic MS View Post
It's possible but you just lose your parking brake. If you have a manual you can just leave it in gear and as long as youre not parking on a lot of hills like San Francisco's you should be fine.
Wow, thanks, not so bad

And with DCT, any ligth, or strange message from the OBC?
2012 Z4 35i DCT Black/Beige - 20" Vossen CV3, PB-Brake BBK, ///M Front Bumper, ///M Steering Wheel, Led Angel Eyes, Black Grille, Short Antenna - Tuning: JB4 Map 2, Custom Made 3" DPs & MPs, BMS Dual Intake - Desire list: 3D Design Front Lip, Meth Kit, FMIC.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #26
Auraraptor
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Exx

Quote:
Originally Posted by javol View Post
Wow, thanks, not so bad

And with DCT, any ligth, or strange message from the OBC?
Given that the DCT is actually an automated manual, it doesn't have a locked torque converter aka "Park" setting like a traditional manual. I would be *very* weary without further researching what exactly DCT is doing when it goes into "Park".

FWIW, I am selling the only upgrade rear caliper setup which retains parking brake function: http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showthre...5#post12339585
Appreciate 0