New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

12-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
az34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 z4sdrive35i 2008 x5 3.0i

taking a rest of the BMW world

hi everyone on the 26 of december i'll be flying to Las Vegas for 10 days reservation is done for 4 days at the Mirage hotel afterthen we will leave for the grand cayon the hoover dam or maybe the death valley dont know where to start.any advice? p.s. MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Take the grand tour of the Hoover Dam it is worth it. From Vegas go north then into the Mohave Desert (death Valley) let us know what the temperature will be at the 6 foot above sea level rest spot. Last year I made this trip in my Z4 it was 120 degree F. The road is great in the Mohave Desert, smooth as silk. My daughter mentioned at the time that Top Gear should shoot an episode there. Leaving the Mohave going toward California the temperature changed by 50 degree within the 20 minute drive.

We went to the Napa Valley and tasted some nice California wine then on to the coast to see the Hearst Castle before heading down to San Francisco and then to LA.

Marry Christmas have a safe drive.

BTW I guess you will flying and driving some --- I drove all the way Southwestern Ontario --> Chicago then --> route 66 to Flagstaff then North to Vegas --> Mohave Desert to Bishop California --> Napa Valley --> to the cast --> sanFran then LA. dropped my daughter and carried on by myself back along the coast all the way north to Portland then back home going east ... unforgettable trip it was.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 12-17-2011 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: added BTW
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 09:09 PM   #3
Jayda
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

I lived in Las Vegas for five years. My first university position after my Ph.D. was at UNLV! I have many fond memories. I love the area. Take a road trip for a night or two to Sedona, AZ. Beautiful area for hiking, mountain biking, yoga, and/or art amongst the red rocks. I actually was married there in a beautiful outdoor wedding with a southwestern flair! I hope to retire back out west someday. Would have been a great area to drive top down!
      12-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #4
az34
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Take the grand tour of the Hoover Dam it is worth it. From Vegas go north then into the Mohave Desert (death Valley) let us know what the temperature will be at the 6 foot above sea level rest spot. Last year I made this trip in my Z4 it was 120 degree F. The road is great in the Mohave Desert, smooth as silk. My daughter mentioned at the time that Top Gear should shoot an episode there. Leaving the Mohave going toward California the temperature changed by 50 degree within the 20 minute drive.

We went to the Napa Valley and tasted some nice California wine then on to the coast to see the Hearst Castle before heading down to San Francisco and then to LA.

Marry Christmas have a safe drive.

BTW I guess you will flying and driving some --- I drove all the way Southwestern Ontario --> Chicago then --> route 66 to Flagstaff then North to Vegas --> Mohave Desert to Bishop California --> Napa Valley --> to the cast --> sanFran then LA. dropped my daughter and carried on by myself back along the coast all the way north to Portland then back home going east ... unforgettable trip it was.
hi ROLF unfortunately i wont drive to get there but route 66 is on the target for a future summer ride.I have rent a chevy cruze to get where ever we want to overthere very cheap($300 a week) unlimited mileage. thanks for all the tips i like those California wines especially for the price really cheap! have a nice day buddy!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 08:23 AM   #5
az34
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayda View Post
I lived in Las Vegas for five years. My first university position after my Ph.D. was at UNLV! I have many fond memories. I love the area. Take a road trip for a night or two to Sedona, AZ. Beautiful area for hiking, mountain biking, yoga, and/or art amongst the red rocks. I actually was married there in a beautiful outdoor wedding with a southwestern flair! I hope to retire back out west someday. Would have been a great area to drive top down!
Thanks Jayda i am exited for sure i would like to do some bicycling on one of those great state parks also mountain walking it'll depend on the wheater.kind of chilly at this time of the year.thanks for the tips.
Appreciate 0