New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

03-01-2017, 07:29 PM   #1
ljkiter
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: z4 35i manual

MHD stage 1 fun

Had some scary moments today but glad I was able to get it to stage 1. Power is def there and now understand why people loved the 35is power compared to the 35i stock.
Remember to turn your car on with the engine off or you'll piss your pants like I did. The new app doesn't have the 'backup ECU' option anymore and has the 'stock map operations'>'Start/Resume DME Backup'. and when choosing that, it was almost instant so I wasn't sure if it actually backed anything up..
Anycase, I had the key in and was able to read the ecu without turning the car on (engine off) and started the flash map> stage 1 93octane. It went for a few minutes then said 'couldn't erase xxxx' then I turned it off and tried to start the car. All the lights went crazy and the engine tried to start but just kept acting like the starter was dead.
I did a remap back to stock and had 20% battery on my phone and no trickle charger for the car. It got down to 8% before getting done. Took 38 long minutes.
I was able to turn the car back on and I left it running for 20 minutes before remapping to stage 1.
Appreciate 0