New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

11-12-2015, 12:37 PM   #89
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Absolutely. Ingress and egress are hard enough in wide open space - then when you come out of a store and someone parked close to you and you couldn't swing the door wide open? You have to be in cirque du soleil to get in the car. Oh, how about when you're first in line at the traffic light? The low and forward roof line makes it nearly impossible to see the light. I used to just wait for someone to beep at me...

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 01:14 PM   #90
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho
Absolutely. Ingress and egress are hard enough in wide open space - then when you come out of a store and someone parked close to you and you couldn't swing the door wide open? You have to be in cirque du soleil to get in the car. Oh, how about when you're first in line at the traffic light? The low and forward roof line makes it nearly impossible to see the light. I used to just wait for someone to beep at me...
http://www.lightinsight.com

Pretty effective in my Miata, should have had one in my M Coupe too.
Appreciate 2
      11-13-2015, 09:11 AM   #91
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by okusa View Post
Totally agree. To daily an Exige would be a nightmare. I had an Elise for track duty and would take it for weekend canyon runs. Once you're behind the wheel it's great but noisy as hell (couldn't hear the stereo and forget about cell phone). However, getting in and out is murder on the body.
Because one can't upgrade a stereo.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 09:13 AM   #92
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
http://www.lightinsight.com

Pretty effective in my Miata, should have had one in my M Coupe too.
That's pretty cool. Could use it in my Vette, but I think having that on the windshield would annoy me more.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 10:14 AM   #93
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedRide View Post
Because one can't upgrade a stereo.
The "stereo" is just that - two speakers. You can upgrade them all you want but you can't change the fact that the engine is about 8" from your head. Add to that the constant road and wind noise and you have a very noisy ride.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 11:51 AM   #94
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
The "stereo" is just that - two speakers. You can upgrade them all you want but you can't change the fact that the engine is about 8" from your head. Add to that the constant road and wind noise and you have a very noisy ride.
It's not for everyone, but I didn't say it was. I said you can daily it & you can.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 01:34 PM   #95
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedRide View Post
It's not for everyone, but I didn't say it was. I said you can daily it & you can.

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 02:07 PM   #96
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

No idea exactly what variant it was but was behind a Mustang today, clearly brand new with nothing but a big GT badge on the back.

Sounded absolutely EPIC, just epic, what a wonderful noise.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 04:26 PM   #97
PLCZ4MC
Proud E86M Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M Coupe Monaco Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
No idea exactly what variant it was but was behind a Mustang today, clearly brand new with nothing but a big GT badge on the back.

Sounded absolutely EPIC, just epic, what a wonderful noise.
Sounds like it was the 5.0 Mustang GT.

The Shelby GT350R sound is just one million times louder and epic. Trust xD ohhh and looks too.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 10:28 AM   #98
FriskyDingo
Rather Ambivalent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Spiritedly

It's sad that cars like this can no longer be had from BMW. I'll take the Shelby over an M4 anyday.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 10:36 AM   #99
fcman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
It's sad that cars like this can no longer be had from BMW. I'll take the Shelby over an M4 anyday.
Chevy and Ford have really stepped up their game in the performance car arena and the germans have gone soft. I think the biggest disappointment for me is the new C63. How did Merc go from that aggressive body and roaring 6.2L V8 to the plush mobile they are putting out now? Where are german sports coupes for men under 50? Seems like the german cars have just been growing fat and comfy to keep up with their original audience. Even the M2 is a bore compared to the (comparably priced) monsters coming out of America
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 10:41 AM   #100
FriskyDingo
Rather Ambivalent
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcman View Post
Chevy and Ford have really stepped up their game in the performance car arena and the germans have gone soft. I think the biggest disappointment for me is the new C63. How did Merc go from that aggressive body and roaring 6.2L V8 to the plush mobile they are putting out now? Where are german sports coupes for men under 50? Seems like the german cars have just been growing fat and comfy to keep up with their original audience. Even the M2 is a bore compared to the (comparably priced) monsters coming out of America
The M2 is really the only thing coming from BMW to pique my interest. And it's still way to early for me say I have intentions of buying one. I love the new Shelby, but they'll have markups for a while. I love the Z/28, and have driven one several times, but having to buy another set of rolling stock to drive it on a regular basis is a turn off. Then there's the new Camaro SS, which thus far looks to be a hell of a car, but priced comparable to 5th Gen ZL1's. Then there's the whole bit of ~40K buying a really nice E90/92 M3. Decisions, decisions......
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 10:47 AM   #101
fcman
Captain
Rep

Quote:
The M2 is really the only thing coming from BMW to pique my interest. And it's still way to early for me say I have intentions of buying one. I love the new Shelby, but they'll have markups for a while. I love the Z/28, and have driven one several times, but having to buy another set of rolling stock to drive it on a regular basis is a turn off. Then there's the new Camaro SS, which thus far looks to be a hell of a car, but priced comparable to 5th Gen ZL1's. Then there's the whole bit of ~40K buying a really nice E90/92 M3. Decisions, decisions......
Yeah, I'm looking at the same set of cars in the $40-55k range for purchase next year and I have no clue where to even start. Even outside of those option you also have the new Focus RS and the Civic Type-R (not that I'm going to buy it, although the performance is killer)

I really think the GT350 (non-R) is going to be the sweet spot for me.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 10:57 AM   #102
FriskyDingo
Rather Ambivalent
United_States
Rep

I am certain on 2 things-

I want RWD.

I want a true manual.

The Focus RS appeals to me a lot, but I'll have one of the family rides paid off in the next few months, so the practicality isn't needed. And I already have a 4wd SUV, so the all-weather ability isn't needed.

That leaves the above list for me as prime candidates. I drove a new standard GT and was underwhelmed. I love the idea of a 5th Gen ZL1, because they're so well-rounded, and something I'd maybe take as a vert. I like the new Camaro SS, but have reservations about buying one new, with the hit in depreciation and all. And then every time I see an E90/92 M3, it's all I can think about for the next 3 days.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 11:02 AM   #103
fcman
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I am certain on 2 things-

I want RWD.

I want a true manual.

The Focus RS appeals to me a lot, but I'll have one of the family rides paid off in the next few months, so the practicality isn't needed. And I already have a 4wd SUV, so the all-weather ability isn't needed.

That leaves the above list for me as prime candidates. I drove a new standard GT and was underwhelmed. I love the idea of a 5th Gen ZL1, because they're so well-rounded, and something I'd maybe take as a vert. I like the new Camaro SS, but have reservations about buying one new, with the hit in depreciation and all. And then every time I see an E90/92 M3, it's all I can think about for the next 3 days.
E92/E90 is appealing for sure. Seems pretty difficult to find a stripper E92 6mt though, which is what I want.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 12:09 PM   #104
FriskyDingo
Rather Ambivalent
United_States
Rep

Yeah, they're hard to come by. I personally don't care how it is equipped so long as it has a carbon roof and 6MT. Melbourne Red or Interlagos/LeMans Blue would be my picks on the color, though. Can't do white or black.
Appreciate 0