New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

03-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #23
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Yea, I probably did misinterpret.

At the same time I think it is so hard to find a good indy mechanic, and there are so few E89 Z4 out there most indys may not even have wrenched on one before.

I think this would be covered as a single vehicle accident if needed. It is like losing control and hitting a tree (good thing that isn't what happened!)

Are insurance companies truly that bad in Canada? I have heard anecdotes that they will use any slightest hint of aftermarket parts or illegal driving (i.e. racing) to try to deny claims but would they really deny a single vehicle accident?

What if someone has to swerve from hitting a moose (caribou?) and ends up in the ditch or hitting a curb?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #24
raven333
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Sapphire Black 3.0siM sport

Hi you would be better showing the damage to the wheels as well, as many can make a pretty good judgement as to the damage, if you have damaged the tyre in the same area then you will have really hit hard, but from the little I can see I think it is only the wheels,
As for the rest I think you are looking to hard for problems, yes it will have sounded like a hell of a clunk but these are are very robust!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #25
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Yea, I probably did misinterpret.

At the same time I think it is so hard to find a good indy mechanic, and there are so few E89 Z4 out there most indys may not even have wrenched on one before.

I think this would be covered as a single vehicle accident if needed. It is like losing control and hitting a tree (good thing that isn't what happened!)

Are insurance companies truly that bad in Canada? I have heard anecdotes that they will use any slightest hint of aftermarket parts or illegal driving (i.e. racing) to try to deny claims but would they really deny a single vehicle accident?

What if someone has to swerve from hitting a moose (caribou?) and ends up in the ditch or hitting a curb?
Insurance companies are the same all over it all depends on the adjuster I think. Then the circumstances do play a great role as well.

Hitting a dear is more likely or a moose (God help the one that does those boys are big) as for caribou you have to be far up north like Alaska or in Canada the NWT

I hit 2 dear in my driving lifetime one in a rental ... I just handed the keys in at the airport and said ... "Sorry the car needs some work" the dear was chased by a wolf or fox .... The second time I hit a dear in my company car ... I just traded that one in for another car.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #26
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
True that. ...and nevermind indys, even some techs in the BMW dealerships haven't touched a Z4 before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3RD View Post
I hit 2 dear in my driving lifetime one in a rental ... I just handed the keys in at the airport and said ... "Sorry the car needs some work" the dear was chased by a wolf or fox .... The second time I hit a dear in my company car ... I just traded that one in for another car.
Wow, you are unlucky and lucky at the same time: unlucky because you hit those poor animals but lucky that neither of those cars were yours so you don't have to deal w/ that mess. I saw photos of animal hits...not a pretty sight. I guess they have to be totaled, or could the cars be salvaged?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #27
Vbar
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive35i

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #28
Crazykoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Mineral White

Garage List
2018 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbar
Clearly.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #29
SgtGigglebox
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Atacama 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazykoh View Post
Clearly.
He's been going on & on about . this and . that on a bunch of threads. I agree with most of his points, but find others off base.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #30
InsanePineapple
Shenanigans
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Signature

Wow. I've been gone a few weeks. OP, before I left you were still looking for a car, now you have one. I hope the g/f will now stay in the passenger seat from now on! Good luck and let us know the results after a shop has looked at it.

[Current] Tesla Model 3 Performance
[Retired] Audi R8 V10 6MT, BMW i3 BEV, BMW i3 REx, BMW Z4 sDrive35i DCT, BMW 335i Coupe 6MT
Appreciate 0