New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

04-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #23
williakz
Banned
Rep
Drives: Lexus LS460

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
AMEX ZAG is a good one to add to the list.
Thanks for the info. Amex Zag is now part of the "package" going out to the dealers.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #24
InsanePineapple
Shenanigans
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Signature

Related to buying a new car - I've never used any of the aforementioned buying service before. What's the advantage of using one?

[Current] Tesla Model 3 Performance
[Retired] Audi R8 V10 6MT, BMW i3 BEV, BMW i3 REx, BMW Z4 sDrive35i DCT, BMW 335i Coupe 6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #25
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfinx View Post
Related to buying a new car - I've never used any of the aforementioned buying service before. What's the advantage of using one?
for Amex zag, there is a pre negotiated price that you can use as a price ceiling and it gives access to true car transaction prices for benchmarking.

n=1 but I validated by checking my car's price was shown as a transaction a few weeks after sale. Not sure on true car data comprehensiveness but nice to have some info going into the negotiation.

No cost for zag
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #26
williakz
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfinx View Post
Well, if you go through PenFed (Pentagon Federal Credit Union), you can qualify for a special 48 month car loan at 0.74%. It's for a limited time, and I HOPE it lasts long enough for me to close my Z4 deal. BTW, back in February, I bought my 2013 Lexus LS460 through PenFed and got 48 months at 0.49%!!

As the other poster said, the buying services set a cap on what the dealer can charge for a particular model. You can always go lower than the cap if you can swing it with the sharks. Usually, I use PenFed for financing and one of the others (Costco has been good) for setting the lowest cap available. If you're a member of whatever the entity, you are emailed registration certificates for specific dealerships when you use the buying program. You then contact the dealer (actually they usually contact you first), work out pricing (pre-determined or best-you-can-do), provide your certificate and proof of membership (such as Costco membership card), and voila!

Note that if you are now serving (or once served) in the military (or if one of your parents did and was a USAA member), you can qualify through USAA for some serious cash discount (on top of whatever price you negotiate) direct from BMW. Currently $1,250 for Z4, I believe.

Last edited by williakz; 04-19-2013 at 07:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #27
williakz
Banned
Rep

UPDATE:

Did the deal today. 0.74% 48 month financing from PenFed (Pentagon Federal Credit Union). Final price right at invoice. Performance Center delivery in June. Can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #28
InsanePineapple
Shenanigans
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by williakz View Post
UPDATE:

Did the deal today. 0.74% 48 month financing from PenFed (Pentagon Federal Credit Union). Final price right at invoice. Performance Center delivery in June. Can't wait.
Congrats!

[Current] Tesla Model 3 Performance
[Retired] Audi R8 V10 6MT, BMW i3 BEV, BMW i3 REx, BMW Z4 sDrive35i DCT, BMW 335i Coupe 6MT
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2013, 10:56 PM   #29
JasonT
Rep
Drives: 2013 Z4 35i

Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by williakz
Noob here. Looking at buying a new 2014 35i with all options except 19". Is it OK to discuss discounting, negotiating tactics, delivery options, etc. here on the forum? If so, how does the BMW buying experience compare with that at a Lexus dealership (my experience to date)? If not, where is a good place to go to discuss price, financing, options, etc.? Thanks in advance for any info.

P.S. This is a GREAT forum! I've already consumed all the posts for the last 2 years and found them immensely helpful in understanding what make the car tick (as well as some of the drivers!).
I got my very first BMW from Exotic Motor World. Very educated BMW enthusiast's. Contact DenCoop, he will help you out.

I placed an ED order with him, end of March, but changed my mind ( didnt want to wait months for the car to get to US. So i got myself 2013 Z4 35i from him.
Fair prices, very good service.
Would deff recommend -!!!
Appreciate 0