New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-26-2016, 02:15 PM   #1
BimmerRookie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 Cavalier Z24 M3

To those with Global Entry in HTX...

Where did you go for your interview?

I've applied and been conditionally accepted, thus I need to go in person to one of three locations we have here in Houston. One option is in downtown ( the library), but that location is booked up until September. I would like an appointment for sooner, since I'm travelling out of the country before then. The second two options are in IAH airport.

The first of the two airport options is in terminal E and that's all it says. The other option in that same airport says Terminal E, but a boarding card is required (thus indicating it's past the security checkpoint into the terminal?).

After reading various fragmented posts on several flying/ air travel forums, people claim that a boarding card is in fact not required for either interview location within the airport.

So here lies my confusion. If you have Global Entry status or know someone who has gotten it recently at IAH or knows of the process at IAH, please comment or advise.

TIA
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2016, 02:59 PM   #2
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

I believe Global Entry is similar to the Nexus program and there's a trick for booking a sooner appointment. Keep checking back and there are always cancellations, creating last minute openings so that you don't have to wait months.
Appreciate 1