New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-02-2013, 11:41 PM   #1
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs down Only in LA... Cops Gun Down Owners Dog In Front of Him

Not knowing what the policy is here on posting NSFW or Graphic Viloence, I will simply link the video instead of posting said video here.
But this is sad and disturbing. This will be making National News in 3... 2... 1...

remove space after 'be'
http://youtu.be /WDBZr4ie2AE

Thoughts?
      07-02-2013, 11:55 PM   #2
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

dog popped by law
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2013, 11:55 PM   #3
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Dogs are instinctively protective of their masters, especially larger breeds. But it is not like the dog just attacked the cops! More of barking and trying to get close to it's master from what I see.
      07-03-2013, 12:16 AM   #4
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

apparently the owner already had another lawsuit going on with the cops, so he had an axe to grind. now he has two.

they killed killa, b!

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 12:20 AM   #5
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

thugs
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 12:51 AM   #6
Desert_Fox
Drop-Top Turbo
North Korea
Rep
Drives: 2013 991 C2S/ 2013 335is E93

Garage List
I think LAPD is the most unpopular police department in the country nowadays...
      07-03-2013, 01:02 AM   #7
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Owner is a dumb ass and cop did what he should've done.
So many ignorant dumbasses on youtube posting as well....
What kind of an idiot blasts the music while SWAT is in action, let alone filiming the scene like a Peter Jackson? He literally pissed off cops who are in stress by the crime scene.
I'm sure nobody would be in his side if they were in hunt for Boston bomber.
Cop did the best by arresting him before anything goes wrong.

And for the dog, I know he was doing his thing but cop was apparently in danger, possible being bitten by a large dog.
Last thing you want is, to screw up the scene by getting bitten by a random dog.
There's no reason to give an excuse because it was a "dog". It was apparently mad, a very intimidating dog that's bred to guard, and mad animals could hurt people. You stop them before it hurts you. Just like human.

Not a single sympathy given.

Maybe give sympathy to the cop who were threatened by a dog because of a stupid owner. I'm sure I'll shoot the dog too if dog jumps on me.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 01:11 AM   #8
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Dumb ass was standing there taunting cops, video taping them, thats what you get,, a trip to jail and a dead dog
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #9
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Not so sure i agree this time. Most of these incidents are justifiable by the police. And once the dog lunged at the cop there might not have been much more that could have been done, but the cops knew that the guy had a car there, with a dog in it. It could have been handled better from the start. Of course starting with the dog owner minding his own business.

I'm quite sure the law is much more lenient and loose when it comes to shooting a large breed dog when being "threatened". I'm sure they go over these things often and i'm willing to bet there is a very small percentage cops who hope they come across this so they can shoot something in the line of duty without getting in trouble.

My point is that this cop could have used a taser or pepper spray or done something different, but they went for their gun first.

If the situation the cops were in was so intense, why did they have time to take their attention away from it to arrest a guy for doing what seemed like nothing from the video. The guy gave him self up immediately at the first order to do so. The cops could hear the dog getting more agitated. A little bit of situational awareness could have prevented the shooting. If i were a police officer and i decided i was going to arrest someone, from that moment on i would be playing out possible scenarios in an effort to be prepared as much as possible. Having decided to arrest a guy holding a 110# Rot on a leash would have put all possible dog scenarios in my head as well. The instant he put that dog in the car i would have analyzed the car to see if the dog was secure in there so i could eliminate the dog from the equation. LEOs can correct me if i'm wrong but i'm sure that type of analyzation is part of their training.

Pissed or stressed or what ever there didn't seem to be a good reason for arresting this guy in the first place. And with the behavioral training cops get they were probably suspicious that he was baiting them to arrest him in the first place. Yet they let their emotions get the best of them even though the dog owner was nonviolent.

I'm sure i'm alone here but i think for the most part cops are better trained and more professional that what was portrayed in that video. The dog owner was not violent nor was threatening anyone before or after he was handcuffed. There was a better way to do this.

For the record, i believe both the dog owner and the police are in the wrong. And i'm sad for the dog.
      07-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #10
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Not so sure i agree this time. Most of these incidents are justifiable by the police. And once the dog lunged at the cop there might not have been much more that could have been done, but the cops knew that the guy had a car there, with a dog in it. It could have been handled better from the start. Of course starting with the dog owner minding his own business.

I'm quite sure the law is much more lenient and loose when it comes to shooting a large breed dog when being "threatened". I'm sure they go over these things often and i'm willing to bet there is a very small percentage cops who hope they come across this so they can shoot something in the line of duty without getting in trouble.

My point is that this cop could have used a taser or pepper spray or done something different, but they went for their gun first.

If the situation the cops were in was so intense, why did they have time to take their attention away from it to arrest a guy for doing what seemed like nothing from the video. The guy gave him self up immediately at the first order to do so. The cops could hear the dog getting more agitated. A little bit of situational awareness could have prevented the shooting. If i were a police officer and i decided i was going to arrest someone, from that moment on i would be playing out possible scenarios in an effort to be prepared as much as possible. Having decided to arrest a guy holding a 110# Rot on a leash would have put all possible dog scenarios in my head as well. The instant he put that dog in the car i would have analyzed the car to see if the dog was secure in there so i could eliminate the dog from the equation. LEOs can correct me if i'm wrong but i'm sure that type of analyzation is part of their training.

Pissed or stressed or what ever there didn't seem to be a good reason for arresting this guy in the first place. And with the behavioral training cops get they were probably suspicious that he was baiting them to arrest him in the first place. Yet they let their emotions get the best of them even though the dog owner was nonviolent.

I'm sure i'm alone here but i think for the most part cops are better trained and more professional that what was portrayed in that video. The dog owner was not violent nor was threatening anyone before or after he was handcuffed. There was a better way to do this.

For the record, i believe both the dog owner and the police are in the wrong. And i'm sad for the dog.
Very well stated. I completely agree with you 100%. I think the first thing I noticed after the guy put the dog in the car was that the windows were open. If I were one of the cops, I would have told him to go close up the windows of his car and secure the dog before any further actions were taken. Clearly the man was not a flight risk, he walked back to the cops and put his hands in the air. Extremely unprofessional and stupid decision making by the police. Unfortunately I am not surprised at all.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #11
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

While I support the police, I wouldn't mind it if this cop got fired. His actions were unnecessary and it shows he has poor judgement which will translate to other, possibly more, serious consequences. I feel for the guy as he was doing nothing wrong and the police had no authority to arrest him. NO law exists where it's unlawful to film the police. Poor guy, and the dog suffered too when it got shot. The fking pig didn't even have the decency to shoot it in the head so it didn't suffer.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #12
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
While I support the police, I wouldn't mind it if this cop got fired. His actions were unnecessary and it shows he has poor judgement which will translate to other, possibly more, serious consequences. I feel for the guy as he was doing nothing wrong and the police had no authority to arrest him. NO law exists where it's unlawful to film the police. Poor guy, and the dog suffered too when it got shot. The fking pig didn't even have the decency to shoot it in the head so it didn't suffer.
This!

The owner did nothing to warrant being handcuffed period.
He certainly didn't resist.
If he believed his dog would've possibly jumped out, as it did.... But wait.... How did he know he wad going to be arrested? I support and appreciate the police.
They were wrong in this instance.

by HTC One
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #13
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

God.. that was f***ing stupid.
Guy tries to be a hero/assert his rights etc. then feeds his hands to get cuffed like he knew how it was done.. when there are half a dozen squad cars blockading a street is it smart to point something at officers with machine guns while walking a big ass dog?
Poor poor dog.. at that point it was no return, what are you going to do uncuff the guy to control his dog? no time .. get bite? yeah right..
dumb and dumber
if you want to film something, do it far far away and in an untreatening manner, supposedly like the jackasses that filmed this.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #14
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Cops should have secured the dog but i reckon they felt once the dog was in the car the bigger issue was the lunatic...so they handcuffed him first. Armchair quarterbacks point out that the dog escaped but cops did not know that was going to happen; however they should have thought about it..so that was a mistake..once the dog lunged at them they had little time and little choice.. Pepper spray/tazer? hahaha dog is 1 foot from you and it's a huge dog..sure piss him off some more

"only in LA" please ...typical of a texan
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #15
sn0pea
Captain
Rep
Drives: Black 325i 2006

My dog was shot dead by some a rookie local Oklahoma cop years ago. They were responding to our house alarm going off (because my dog opened the door setting off the alarm). They walked into the backyard, saw our dog, shot once, immobilizing the dog. Then shot a few more bullets after the dog was on the ground, killing him.
All the time, the dog was leashed to the fence post and was not aggressive.

With that being said, all Oklahoma cops then had to go through a course teaching them about dog mannerisms.

2006 325i: Matte Black Grills, AG m310 19's (19X8.5et35 & 19X9.5et33 - 235/35/19 & 265/30/19), Amber Covers, Magnaflow with black tips, Blacked Emblems, M3 Replica Bumper and Vorsteiner hood!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #16
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0pea View Post
My dog was shot dead by some a rookie local Oklahoma cop years ago. They were responding to our house alarm going off (because my dog opened the door setting off the alarm). They walked into the backyard, saw our dog, shot once, immobilizing the dog. Then shot a few more bullets after the dog was on the ground, killing him.
All the time, the dog was leashed to the fence post and was not aggressive.

With that being said, all Oklahoma cops then had to go through a course teaching them about dog mannerisms.
impossibru because "only in LA"
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #17
sn0pea
Captain
Rep
Drives: Black 325i 2006

Cop never got fired for shooting the dog though. Ironically, got fired for "shooting the bird" at news cameras looking for interviews. Made for good news titles.

2006 325i: Matte Black Grills, AG m310 19's (19X8.5et35 & 19X9.5et33 - 235/35/19 & 265/30/19), Amber Covers, Magnaflow with black tips, Blacked Emblems, M3 Replica Bumper and Vorsteiner hood!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #18
will.c
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46M

WOW.. WTF.. why did they have to escalate this to that level? go measure length of your tiny dicks elsewhere. why the fuck did an innocent dog have to die for this worthless, immature, unreasonable, and completely unnecessary bullshit act from both sides?!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #19
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
I'm a dog owner, and I love my dogs.

But I'm also not an idiot, and don't go around filming cops doing their job for no reason. I also don't need a dog to prove how much of a man I am, so I don't try to get the biggest and toughest dog I can to make me look like a badass when I walk down the street with it.

Last edited by Templar; 07-03-2013 at 02:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #20
WillC310
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A car

This happened not too far from my office. The local paper has a few more details and you guys need to know why he was handcuffed.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_2...g-arrest-owner

"Rosby drove up in his rented black Mazda. Swain said Rosby stopped in the intersection with music blaring from his windows. Officers told him to turn down the music because they were trying to hear what was happening down the street. Rosby pulled forward, parked and got out with his dog, but left the music still playing loudly.

"It's distracting the officers," Swain said. "It's interfering with what they are able to hear. It's not just a party call. It's an armed robbery call. The officers need to hear what's going on with the people being called out of the residence. That music in his car is bleeding over and it's distracting them."

Martinez said the Usher song "Tell Me Again" was looping over and over.

Rosby, who pulled out his own cellphone to record the police activity, did not lower the volume.

"I do apologize if I didn't immediately comply. The music may have been a little loud but I was complying," Rosby said. "I said, 'Sir, I want to make sure nobody's civil rights were being violated.' "

A neighbor, who asked not to be identified, said the officers asked him to turn the music down, but he refused. Rosby, she said, responded, "It's my (expletive) radio!"

Rosby, 52, denied cursing, saying he was a Christian.

Once police arrested the suspected robber, officers motioned to Rosby and began walking toward him. Swain said they intended to arrest him and told him to put the dog in his car. He complied."

I'm not defending the actions of LE in shooting the dog, but the guy should not have gotten in the thick of it.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #21
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC310 View Post
"I do apologize if I didn't immediately comply. The music may have been a little loud but I was complying," Rosby said. "I said, 'Sir, I want to make sure nobody's civil rights were being violated.' "
      07-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #22
Philipangoo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335

If you are gonna own a large dog like that then at least be a responsible dog owner and not place the dog in these dumb situations. WTF was the cop suppose to do with a huge dog lunging at him.

"He should have used pepper spray" well that owner should have not disrupted the police responding to an armed robbery, resulting in the dog acting aggressive towards the cops.
Appreciate 0