New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-28-2016, 11:10 AM   #23
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Seems weird that there is only one episode left. Seems like there is a lot of questions I want answered.

He seems like he is going to be spending the rest of his life behind bars because it's the one place he has been accepted now that he is an underling.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 11:19 AM   #24
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
Seems weird that there is only one episode left. Seems like there is a lot of questions I want answered.

He seems like he is going to be spending the rest of his life behind bars because it's the one place he has been accepted now that he is an underling.
Yeah, I didn't know today was the finale until someone else mentioned it. All the things he's been doing makes you wonder if maybe he really did it.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 04:20 PM   #25
vladi627
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I liked the show. Like someone else mentioned the pilot is definitely the best episode. The ending wasn't as an emotional roller coaster as the rest of the series, but was ok. It left too many questions to be great.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 05:53 PM   #26
evo335xi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

I think the show went well overall, but yea had some questions that remain left to your imagination
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 06:15 PM   #27
sales@vivid
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 DCT

The last episode make me regret watching the entire series. So disappointing
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 12:52 AM   #28
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vivid View Post
The last episode make me regret watching the entire series. So disappointing
Meh. I disagree...

The lasting questions are profoundly intriguing...

Don't narrow into just the outcome of the trial...look at the bigger picture:

-Naz's overall transformation from beginning to end, and especially his final state
-Box's transformation and future
-John's personality shift (or lack thereof)
-Chandra's sudden downfall
-Simply the fact that the likely suspect was a stereotypical incentive-based murderer, overlooked throughout the series
Appreciate 1
Doc Oc1420.00
      08-30-2016, 09:37 AM   #29
evo335xi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

I was hoping they did a play by play to see the exact events, would have been cool to watch the events immediately after they slept together.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 10:22 AM   #30
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoosh View Post
Meh. I disagree...

The lasting questions are profoundly intriguing...

Don't narrow into just the outcome of the trial...look at the bigger picture:

-Naz's overall transformation from beginning to end, and especially his final state
-Box's transformation and future
-John's personality shift (or lack thereof)
-Chandra's sudden downfall
-Simply the fact that the likely suspect was a stereotypical incentive-based murderer, overlooked throughout the series
I agree with this. I actually like how nothing was tied up in a nice bow for us. And, although they strongly hinted at the murderer, it wasn't exactly definitive and it very well might have been one of the others than John pointed to in his closing.

I also thought there was a tension in the finale that was very real, but also quite understated. There were several times where I thought that Naz was going to be discovered smuggling drugs or even get killed in jail before the trial ended.

And, I like the portrayal of the prosecutor as wanting to do the right thing, but still painted in shades of grey. She wasn't a crusader, she wasn't above the game, but in the end ... she wanted the right result.

All in all, I thought compelling television and very well done.
Appreciate 1
smoosh2211.50
      08-30-2016, 11:06 AM   #31
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Excellent little series, sorry to see it wrap up. Loved the cat running out at the end. Glad they didn't tie it all up neatly like so many shows do. No one knows for sure what really happened in the story, so why should we?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 05:54 PM   #32
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep

I forgot to add that this series met my universal rule of good TV: any show with at least two (2) The Wire alumna is bound to be good.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 10:51 AM   #33
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

This is one of those shows where the journey was better than the destination. Turns out that the major characters on the show were dumbasses.

Chandra, a seemingly educated lawyer decides to make out with her client in front of cameras and smuggle in drugs for him? The only reason it was done was to have some lame plot twist.

Box, the seasoned expert investigator didn't bother investigating where she was BEFORE she was picked up and what happened to her until well into the trial. One would think the first people you talk to when things like this happen would be her bf...and he would've quickly discovered the $300,000 cash withdrawal as a result.

The only redeeming quality about the ending is that you still don't really know who killed her. Her bf didn't admit to anything and Naz simply benefited from a hung jury and a prosecutor not willing to retry the case.

Now Naz can live happily ever after as a junkie.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 10:59 AM   #34
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post

Box, the seasoned expert investigator didn't bother investigating where she was BEFORE she was picked up and what happened to her until well into the trial. One would think the first people you talk to when things like this happen would be her bf...and he would've quickly discovered the $300,000 cash withdrawal as a result.
Actually, this is highly typical. Even with the best of intentions, and often subconsciously, the police investigating a crime develop tunnel vision and only look to evidence that fits their theory. It's at the root of most wrongful conviction cases.

Box is atypical in that doubts kept nagging at him and he eventually looked. For more likely, in real life, is that he never looks at Ray at all and Weiss is never advised of the alternative theory and she would choose to try Naz again.

I do agree with your criticism of Chandra. That was one element of the story that was pure plot device.
Appreciate 0