New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

08-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Thank you BMW of Idaho Falls

For the fantastic memento on my garage wall. I guess I am the only BMW driver having such a fine exemplar as a garden hose retainer.

In particular I like to thank the Service Manager at BMW Idaho Falls for telling me that Canadian and American Warranty are different and therefore I would only have two options of being towed to the nearest Canadian dealership or purchasing a new wheel. This issue about warranty was later disproved and not true. Naturally BMW respects warranty issues all over the world.

Thanks also to the Parts Manager for ordering the new almost 700 (Canadian Dollars at the time) wheel. Then when it arrived he guided me promptly to the local tire shop explaining “Oh sorry we don’t change wheels at this facility”

Special thanks I guess go to the tire shop mechanics that went to work using 2 tire irons to remove the RFT from the wheel in the photo leaving deep marks and grooves behind bending the wheel out off shape. Naturally the wheel was declared bend by my Canadian dealership.

BTW my other rear wheel was also cracked and I drove home very gentle like. My Canadian dealership promptly changed it under warranty.

This incident still did not discourage me to purchase another BMW. Only now the wheels are forged not soft alloy wheels. And my tires are Non-Run-Flat so all is well.

As they say all is well that ends well

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 06-12-2012 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
Wraith.
Captain
Rep
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is

That's actually a really cool idea. Further, I give you Kudos for coming up with yet another creative way to re-introduce your topic that we are all sick to death of hearing about.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith. View Post
That's actually a really cool idea. Further, I give you Kudos for coming up with yet another creative way to re-introduce your topic that we are all sick to death of hearing about.
This my friend is NOT directed to you. Then you take pleasure in criticizing people on this board. I guess with your bully kind of thinking you don't realize it is my way of giving thanks and for the first time mentioning the dealer ship.

I could write thanks also to the useless help I got form BMW US & Canadian Customer Service. You see we Europeans are not like you taking every thing in stride ... we speak up when we are taken for a ride. This board if I understand the rules right is to share good and bad experiences, well this is simply closure and one thing I never did is mention the source. Now I have so there you are flame away. Enough said.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 08-23-2011 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: added further explanation for a member by the name of Wraith
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #4
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

WTF....again with the wheel story. Geezus....what's the point of this?

btw...I think you mean momento....
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Marien View Post
WTF....again with the wheel story. Geezus....what's the point of this?

btw...I think you mean momento....
Yes Dave that is what I meant ... thanks for the heads up

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
Jay60642
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0

Actually, it's memento, root word having to do with remembering, not a "moment."
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #7
jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

What a joke...will you never stop?

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #8
Wraith.
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
This my friend is NOT directed to you. Then you take pleasure in criticizing people on this board. I guess with your bully kind of thinking you don't realize it is my way of giving thanks and for the first time mentioning the dealer ship.
I'm fairly certain that any member of this board who has been here long enough to remember your 9 month rant, ad nauseam, about your unfortunate wheel experience has no interest in having this re-hashed (as Dave already alluded to).

No Rolf, I just have a special place in my heart for you. A quick search of my posts should confirm this for you. If, however, you would just stop setting yourself up it would be so much easier. In the meantime, if you don't like me pointing out the obvious in your posts please do feel free to use the ignore option under my name.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #9
Frank Costanza
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 540i/6, Z4 35i

I don't think Idaho Falls BMW surfs this site. You should direct your comments to it's intended audience instead of posting it here where nobody besides yourself seems to care.
      08-23-2011, 06:38 PM   #10
BlueZ4AZ
Go SU
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive35i

I have the same nozzle. Isn't that ironic. What's in the BMW bag underneath the hose?
My guess: car rags
Anyone else care to speculate?

If I should ever find myself in Idaho Falls I'll be sure not to grace that establishment with my patronage. Those BASTARDS!!!!

Last edited by BlueZ4AZ; 08-23-2011 at 06:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #11
ring007
Major
Rep
Drives: GT3RS & Speciale No BMWs now

that's a cool idea
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 07:01 PM   #12
STOOF
Sunburned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F83 M4 Convertible 6MT

Garage List
2013 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4AZ View Post
I have the same nozzle. Isn't that ironic. What's in the BMW bag underneath the hose?

If I should ever find myself in Idaho Falls I'll be sure not to grace that establishment with my patronage. Those BASTARDS!!!!
I was thinking car cover?

I've only been on this board a few months and im already sick of your pointless ranting, even with your 2 month hiatus.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 07:13 PM   #13
Wraith.
Captain
Rep

8 heads? Wait, no that was a duffel bag...

Again, as I originally stated, this is a great idea. As long as it's not used as a platform (ie soapbox) with which to launch another one of your campaigns.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #14
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Marien View Post
WTF....again with the wheel story. Geezus....what's the point of this? btw...I think you mean momento....
Dave if you read my note correctly it is closure. I was waiting for my flight and saw Dr. Steg’s note regarding RFT so naturally I wanted to share with all of you (my former friends) the picture I took last week of the final resting place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay60642 View Post
Actually, it's memento, root word having to do with remembering, not a "moment."
Yes of course you are right what was I thinking, thanks again duly noted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparnes1 View Post
What a joke...will you never stop?
Yes no worries it is closure, you read the note right

Quote:
I'm fairly certain that any member of this board who has been here long enough to remember your 9 month rant, ad nauseam, about your unfortunate wheel experience has no interest in having this re-hashed (as Dave already alluded to).

No Rolf, I just have a special place in my heart for you. A quick search of my posts should confirm this for you. If, however, you would just stop setting yourself up it would be so much easier. In the meantime, if you don't like me pointing out the obvious in your posts please do feel free to use the ignore option under my name.
I deleted my comment here for I misread another post as having been posted by Wraith and it was not ... sorry Wraith Rolf-Dieter, I guess I need to be sure to have my right glasses on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Costanza View Post
I don't think Idaho Falls BMW surfs this site. You should direct your comments to it's intended audience instead of posting it here where nobody besides yourself seems to care.
Frank, I know that very well, then again it might just show up on someone’s Google results.

I recall you asking what it was all about, well a small summation is in my original post. Perhaps I should have only given that in the first place and no more. Then I am a fellow for details what can I say

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZ4AZ View Post

Well Blue it is actually a car cover the very best money can get you from BMW. I keep my lint free rags in a special dust free place. I think you have it right to avoid that dealership for all they did for me is pump up my flat then screw me over but good. So the meaning of all my madness was to give some of you fellows “heads up” Well as it turns out I am too detailed so I best shut up now since I have annoyed so many of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring007 View Post
that's a cool idea
Ring007, I think so too, if you are talking about the wheel on the wall

At first it was to be a chess table, then I don’t play that much anymore since there is so much more fun driving my beamer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOOF View Post
I was thinking car cover?
Stoff and you be right looks like you have a sharp eye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheers to you all ... may all your travels be without cracked wheels

BTW when did you all check your rear wheels for cracks the last time? Oh well .... so long fellows

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 08-23-2011 at 09:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 08:50 PM   #15
Wraith.
Captain
Rep

Hey Umm Rolf....... the link you posted "as proof that I have it out for you" is NOT MY POST. As a matter of fact I'm DEFENDING YOU in that thread. Unfortunately, for all of us you continued to drone on for another 4 months despite multiple requests from the vast majority of this board to give it a rest.

Starting to wonder if we're playing with a full deck here...
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 09:08 PM   #16
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hey Umm Rolf....... the link you posted "as proof that I have it out for you" is NOT MY POST. As a matter of fact I'm DEFENDING YOU in that thread. Unfortunately, for all of us you continued to drone on for another 4 months despite multiple requests from the vast majority of this board to give it a rest.

Starting to wonder if we're playing with a full deck here...
My bad ... Wraith, you are right it was wiles335i that posted that direct thread. Please forgive my misinterpretation on that link.

PS. I will revise my post response above to you, sorry

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 09:33 PM   #17
Wraith.
Captain
Rep

Fair enough, thank you Rolf.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 12:30 AM   #18
Torn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 GTR

I think what you did was creative! ahahaha. That would put a smile on my friends faces if they saw that!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 01:23 AM   #19
Land_Shark
In The Flesh
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

Oooooooh Nooooo.. Not that Topic again!!!! Plzzzzz....
Appreciate 0