New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

09-01-2012, 02:26 AM   #1
AsiaKid
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GTR/Gallardo Spyder/X5

replacing bmw professional w/ bmw w/bluetooth

it seems none (or very few) of the HK z4's have idrive. My bmw professional radio doesnt haev bluetooth. can it be replaced with one of the newer ones with bluetooth? Any advice on what can be done? I got used to moving music around on idrive in my f10, but now i just want a way to connect my ipod to my radio with the background noise of aux in. Of course, preferably without changing the player to something non-bmw.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 03:00 AM   #2
raven333
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Sapphire Black 3.0siM sport

Hi! All of the features like bluetooth ,telephone connection , music connection etc are mainly done by modules installed and then coded into the car nearly always by BMW. They also need the relevant wiring etc.
You will be able to connect an ipod via an IPod interface module from BMW to your business radio setup or add an aux input (cheaper) if you don't already have one. I am sure there are aftermarket products which will also give you what you want.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 03:27 AM   #3
AsiaKid
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GTR/Gallardo Spyder/X5

Thanks. i might just pay the premium if they can do it..don't wanna hack my car apart..i saw some of the installs of intervee but seems too messy to me. might as well keep everything in the interior stock as possible.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #4
mmrankin
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW Z4 35i

If all you want is bluetooth connectivity, you can do it several ways. The fastest and cheapest is to add a Parrot or Live Radio to your car. You'll want to wire it up somehow or use a lighter extension as the second plug is deep in the footwell of the passenger.

I bought both and am now using the Live Radio with my iPhone. Here's a link for more. http://www.livioradio.com/kit/

It still does not work with the controls on the steering wheel but I plugged the mini headphone jack to the aux in port and it sounds just like the integrated version.

Another thought is a bluetooth receiver with headphone output but then you'll miss the push buttons on the Live Radio.

Last thing. It also had handsfree calling. Sometimes it works great other times I'm told it sounds like I'm far away. I'm about a week into owning/using this thing so I'll probably find a way to be more consistent with it soon.

M
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 07:06 AM   #5
///MIKE
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E89 35iS

I have the same issue and would like to know as well but so far I havn't find anything the reason why no one has it is because it is a HKD80k option here for idrive which is just insane.