New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

06-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
E36ic4Me
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 & M3 Convertible

Oh' I'm thrilled (grrrr)

Well, the 'check engine' light came on today. The one that states I do not have full engine power. Yesterday, my passenger's side window decided it did not want to Auto Up anymore, nor did it want to work with the 'all windows up' button. So, I brought it into the dealer for servicing / repair. Since it was later int he day, all of their BMW loaners were gone.

So, I know have a broken Z4 and a freak'n Honda Accord loaner. Super. Did I mention the car is three weeks old? Grrrr.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Some age fast ... no pun intended, no worries the engine light might be your High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) or a false alarm, the window issue might be a faulty or failed fuse. I am sure the dealer will sort it out for you in no time flat.

Sorry to hear about your crappy loaner, it will feel so good once you get your car back. BTW it might be worse the dealer only had a M3 to loan you and you fall in love with it by the time your babe is well again just kidding

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
E36ic4Me
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I'm not even all that upset really. Things happen with cars, new or old. That's life. I'm actually more upset about the Honda loaner then the issue(s) with my car. Its terrible timing as I have a BMW CCA event on Saturday that I was planning on taking both my Z4 and my 3-Series too. Oh' well.

As for the M3 loaner.....'ehh. I know most are quite taken with the M3, I could care less. I like speed and all (I typically drive like a bat outta hell) but for some reason I never really cared about the M3. When I was buying one of my previous 3-Series (a brand new 2005), I considered the M but rejected the idea when I realized the only reason I was considering it was purely the esthetics. Plus it drives me crazy that a performance machine like that is most commonly found with the SMG gearbox and not a proper manual. They are fabulous cars but better suited to someone who wants one for what they truly are and not merely how they look.

Last edited by E36ic4Me; 06-08-2012 at 05:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
E36ic4Me
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

That was a short trip to the dealership. I got my Z back a few hours ago. Bye-bye loaner Accord, hello CCA event tomorrow with both cars!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #5
Desmoduece
ESA Vorderbau X3
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36ic4Me View Post
That was a short trip to the dealership. I got my Z back a few hours ago. Bye-bye loaner Accord, hello CCA event tomorrow with both cars!
With both, how are you getting them both there? Do you have the towing package on your Z4
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #6
E36ic4Me
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Nope. The hubby gets to drive one. He wanted to take his 12' BMW sport bike but I shot that down in favor of the cars.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #7
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm not even all that upset really. Things happen with cars, new or old. That's life. I'm actually more upset about the Honda loaner then the issue(s) with my car. Its terrible timing as I have a BMW CCA event on Saturday that I was planning on taking both my Z4 and my 3-Series too. Oh' well.

As for the M3 loaner.....'ehh. I know most are quite taken with the M3, I could care less. I like speed and all (I typically drive like a bat outta hell) but for some reason I never really cared about the M3. When I was buying one of my previous 3-Series (a brand new 2005), I considered the M but rejected the idea when I realized the only reason I was considering it was purely the esthetics. Plus it drives me crazy that a performance machine like that is most commonly found with the SMG gearbox and not a proper manual. They are fabulous cars but better suited to someone who wants one for what they truly are and not merely how they look.
What I meant by the M3 comment was that there is a possibilety that one might fall for the M3 should one get one as a loaner. I can see that you have a cool head should this ever happen I have to say I loved my Z4 very mooch and greatley enjoyed the trip along Route 66 all the way from Chicago to LA and then back home to Eastern Canada. Always wanted to do this trip in a convertible and I am glad I did. As you pointed out the M3 is a fabulous car too I changed back since I had one before and wanted it

Happy Motoring ... Cheers

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #8
E36ic4Me
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Most definitely, the M3 is a fantastic machine! Funny enough, after writing that I almost bought one. I ran across an amazing deal yesterday on a triple black Convertible (manual transmission, cold weather package, chrome contour wheels, wind blocker, etc). At the end of an afternoon of deliberating, I decided to just keep my 328i Convertible. Damn, that Black Sapphire Metallic with the Chrome Contours did look amazing though.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 05:41 AM   #9
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep
Drives: Like a Demon!

Garage List
2010 BMW Z4 35is  [10.00]
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
I'm eagerly awaiting the new m3 convertible.
It migt sway me from the Z4...

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #10
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stig 2 View Post
I'm eagerly awaiting the new m3 convertible.
It migt sway me from the Z4...
I only fear for the price you may have to pay for it down under It should be a nice car more HP then the V8 now, a V6 with twin turbos perhaps a In Line 6 cylinder, it should be sweet. We shall see

Quote:
Most definitely, the M3 is a fantastic machine! Funny enough, after writing that I almost bought one.
See this is what I meant be careful now

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #11
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep
Drives: Like a Demon!

Garage List
2010 BMW Z4 35is  [10.00]
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
Yes. Expect no change from $180K on the M3 conv.

I would expect also it to be a triple turbo six, either 3.0 or more litres.

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #12
E36ic4Me
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

(deep sigh) So, after my lil' rant about not caring about an M3........I bought one last night. I got it in the same color as my Z4 (Black Sapphire) so that they'll match nicely. So far, I'm happy. It was fun flooring it down the onramp when I was leaving the dealer last night. Wheeeee!!!!
Appreciate 0