New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

02-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #199
Al Blue4.6l
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e89 Z4 sDrive35i

may as well throw a post in here I suppose.

picked this 2 year old 09 35i with 20K miles up the other week. It's my 3rd BMW (previously had an 03 Z4 3.0i and a 07 335i Coupe).

I had planned to buy a Superformance Cobra (and almost did buy one - until the owner decided to start it up while he was standing outside of the car - needless to say it had an unfortunate meeting with a tree behind his house) and daily drive my old land rover, but ultimately decided that I needed something I could daily drive pursuant to the LR's awesome reliability.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #200
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Blue4.6l
may as well throw a post in here I suppose.

picked this 2 year old 09 35i with 20K miles up the other week. It's my 3rd BMW (previously had an 03 Z4 3.0i and a 07 335i Coupe).

I had planned to buy a Superformance Cobra (and almost did buy one - until the owner decided to start it up while he was standing outside of the car - needless to say it had an unfortunate meeting with a tree behind his house) and daily drive my old land rover, but ultimately decided that I needed something I could daily drive pursuant to the LR's awesome reliability.
Congrats and welcome. Nice looking car!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2012, 01:35 AM   #201
kernelkraut
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW i3

Hi Guys,

Just realized that I have been posting all over the place and haven't even bothered to introduce myself.

I'm Marcus. I am from Germany now living in Johannesburg, South Africa. I just recently picked up my new 35 in November and have been loving it. I was previously an active member on the X1 forum as that was my last car. Before that I had a TT (8J) and a MINI Cooper S. Here's some pics of my Z:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #202
bashz4
Rep
Drives: 2010bmw z4

Memphis1, excellent idea. I as well am new to this forum. I'm bash from Southern California. I havent picked up my z4 yet, as I am choosing between two colors, metallic black and deep sea. I love the deep sea but you can never go wrong with black. Also, I'm completely turned on by the kit from 3D Design. Unfortunately, I believe they only have one for the black. I may be wrong. I have the opportunity to get a deep sea one tomorrow in fact. I asked another forum about things to look out for with the z4, and was told about he run flat tires and potential cracking of the rims. Anything else? Any and all suggestions, comments or input would be deeply appreciated. Will post pics of car as soon as I get it. Can't wait!! Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #203
jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashz4 View Post
Memphis1, excellent idea. I as well am new to this forum. I'm bash from Southern California. I havent picked up my z4 yet, as I am choosing between two colors, metallic black and deep sea. I love the deep sea but you can never go wrong with black. Also, I'm completely turned on by the kit from 3D Design. Unfortunately, I believe they only have one for the black. I may be wrong. I have the opportunity to get a deep sea one tomorrow in fact. I asked another forum about things to look out for with the z4, and was told about he run flat tires and potential cracking of the rims. Anything else? Any and all suggestions, comments or input would be deeply appreciated. Will post pics of car as soon as I get it. Can't wait!! Thanks.
Cracked rims only with the style 296 19" wheels. If you're buying new, chances are the car will come with the new and improved 296 wheel. RFT's are subjective...some like 'em some don't. Getting a used car 2009 or 2010? Possible high pressure fuel pump problems, but it's likely that it had been replaced all ready - check on that. Otherwise, your'e good. Awesome car!

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #204
bashz4
Rep

jparnes1, thanks for the advice. Yeah, I'm looking to get a 2010 35i. You're absolutely right, the 296's were what I was cautioned about. Although I love the look of the 19's, I don't want to compromise ride quality. Although, I don't think that will be a problem, I just love the feel of the road and think its smooth enough. This is a roadster for God's sake! I will ask about the high pressure fuel pump issue, haven't heard that before, so thank you. I've noticed your car before and it's gorgeous! I still haven't heard if the aerodynamic kit by 3D Design is exclusive to black only. I suppose I can wait a bit and call one of the local dealers. Just a quick question, when you say the RFT's are subjective, what do you mean? The feel, inconvenience, or what? Thanks again for your advice and look forward to hearing more from you and others. I've been a BMW fan forever and am currently driving a 2010 540 I. Funny enough I was going in ready to buy a 650i convertible, drove the z4, fell in love with it and am ready to pull the trigger on one any day now. Will post pics as soon as I get it. I love this engine because of its versatility and will soon modify the engine. I've been eyeing Dinan, but would also like to hear any other suggestions or companies from people out there or stories about experiences with Dinan and their overall impressions with the final results. Again, thanks for the input.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #205
bashz4
Rep

As of today I'm officially a z4 owner. Expecting delivery by the end of next week. Needless to say, quite excited! I definitely will be on here looking for information and suggestions that have already been helpful. Thanks again for the input and look forward to more of the same.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #206
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep
Drives: Like a Demon!

Garage List
2010 BMW Z4 35is  [10.00]
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Blue4.6l View Post
I had planned to buy a Superformance Cobra (and almost did buy one - until the owner decided to start it up while he was standing outside of the car - needless to say it had an unfortunate meeting with a tree behind his house) .
Did you get a photo?
I'd like to see that.

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 03:05 AM   #207
kernelkraut
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW i3

Quote:
As of today I'm officially a z4 owner. Expecting delivery by the end of next week. Needless to say, quite excited! I definitely will be on here looking for information and suggestions that have already been helpful. Thanks again for the input and look forward to more of the same.
Welcome to the club! Hope you have many many safe miles in your new zee!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #208
bashz4
Rep

Thanks kernelkraut, I appreciate the kind words and definitely looking forward to miles of fun! Any input or suggestions would also be appreciated. I feel overwhelmed with my modification list already and I haven't even received the car yet! Everything from SmartTop to engine upgrades and everything in between! Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #209
wallhugger
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 s35i

Garage List
2009 Z4 s35i  [0.00]
Hi everyone, my name is wallhugger (racing games ) and I'm from CT. I'll be picking up my 09 Z4 next Saturday. This forum looked like a good place to start asking questions and see what's what. This is my first REAL sportscar, and my first BMW as well. It's gonna be a long week waiting lol.

Anyway, my first question is does anyone have a recommendation for a good outdoor car cover. The car will be indoors during the winter, but not during the warm weather months. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I saw the OEM cover, just wasn't sure if I could do better for the money (around $200.00). Thanks,
Wall
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #210
Voytek
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW Z4 20i

Got an email from my dealership today and my Z4 arrived two weeks early!

I went to take a look and here is the first picture!

I can take it home on tuesday. They still need to clean the car and their schedule is full on monday... too bad
Oh well, I can wait for 4 more days I guess...

Got the pure balance design package and combined with the safireblack it is absolutely gorgeous!
More pictures soon!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #211
bmwmick
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 Z3,'11 Z4 35i,'90 C4 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallhugger View Post
Hi everyone, my name is wallhugger (racing games ) and I'm from CT. I'll be picking up my 09 Z4 next Saturday. This forum looked like a good place to start asking questions and see what's what. This is my first REAL sportscar, and my first BMW as well. It's gonna be a long week waiting lol.

Anyway, my first question is does anyone have a recommendation for a good outdoor car cover. The car will be indoors during the winter, but not during the warm weather months. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I saw the OEM cover, just wasn't sure if I could do better for the money (around $200.00). Thanks,
Wall
Check Husker BMW/Mercedes: http://www.bmwmercedesparts.com/part...subcat3=166641 We have the OEM cover and it fits perfectly. $163
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #212
bashz4
Rep

Engine Upgrade

As a recent new z4 owner, I'm looking at all my modification options and have picked out a few things but have the main choices or major options still to make. In regards to the engine, I've been told to look at Dinan stage 1 and 2 to begin with or JB4. What suggestions or recommendations does anyone have for either of these upgrades? Any stories of personal experiences would be very helpful. Thanks for the information, anything to help me decide would be deeply appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #213
bashz4
Rep

Hey guys, finally got my car. It arrived and once I saw it, had the biggest smile on my face! Unfortunately, two problems came up. One, the tire pressure sensor was on. No big deal, took it to the dealer and it was taken care of. Second and more serious of a problem, I had the engine malfunction, reduced power indicator on. This drove me crazy!! I asked the dealer what the problem could be and he told me without a proper diagnostic he wouldn't be able to satisfactorily come up with an answer. Completely understandable and I was told to drop off the car so they can inspect it overnight. Which of course, I'm going to do. My question is, has anyone experienced the reduced power situation? This is definitely not the same machine I fell in love with and decided to buy. It's a 35i and I can tell a dramatic difference in power, or in this case, lack of. Everything is still under warranty so it shouldn't be a problem. I live in the Los Angesles area and the car was shipped to me from Las Vegas. It was almost completely empty of gas and I was told that this may have caused the engine malfunction problem. The previous owner had no problems with it and it was meticulously taken care of. Just wanted some comments on the reduced power indication. How much power is taken away? Hope to have this problem fixed quickly because it's torture having this car and not being able to drive it at its full potential! Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #214
bmwmick
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 Z3,'11 Z4 35i,'90 C4 Vette

Quote:
Hey guys, finally got my car. It arrived and once I saw it, had the biggest smile on my face! Unfortunately, two problems came up. One, the tire pressure sensor was on. No big deal, took it to the dealer and it was taken care of. Second and more serious of a problem, I had the engine malfunction, reduced power indicator on. This drove me crazy!!
bash,
You might get better exposure if you post this in a new topic in the regular forum and NOT in the noobs topic.

Mick
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #215
bashz4
Rep

Thanks Mick
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #216
baldguyj
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 e89 35i Sdrive

Quote:
As a recent new z4 owner, I'm looking at all my modification options and have picked out a few things but have the main choices or major options still to make. In regards to the engine, I've been told to look at Dinan stage 1 and 2 to begin with or JB4. What suggestions or recommendations does anyone have for either of these upgrades? Any stories of personal experiences would be very helpful. Thanks for the information, anything to help me decide would be deeply appreciated.
Go to the ECU Modification section and read your head off, lots to debate about too.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #217
wshephard
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4

This is my first post. Just thought I'd say Hi. My name is Bill I live in upstate NY. Couple years back I bought my first BMW it was an X3. Then I got a very nice 6 series! (loved that car). After selling those and trying to save a few bucks I bought 3 new Toyotas for my Wife, Son, and I. Well that didn't last long. I just had to have something that made me smile again so I got me a new Z4. It's the 3.0 (bought in 2011), Orion silver, Black leather, Premium, cold, sport, and MT with M suspension. Here is a pic.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #218
alicantor
Registered
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, well I should say "just registered" because I'm reading it for a few years.

The reason of my registration is that I have just bought a new Z4 35is. It is available in the agency (in Germany), however I will take delivery of the car on the 10th of April, since I'm in Mexico for the moment. The car will be registered in Luxembourg. It is actually already registered since the vendor has just done the registration and custom processes with the help of a BMW agency in Luxembourg (very nice service indeed).

I'm very exited. It's a "pure balance" (cohiba merino full leather) with Mineral White paint. It's fully loaded, with 296 wheels.

I will post photos when available. It's now time to add a new color in the "Official Z4 Colors Threads Index"

It is my first convertible, but my 6th BMW. The last one was a e46 M3 SMG2.

Last edited by alicantor; 03-28-2012 at 08:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #219
jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wshephard View Post
This is my first post. Just thought I'd say Hi. My name is Bill I live in upstate NY. Couple years back I bought my first BMW it was an X3. Then I got a very nice 6 series! (loved that car). After selling those and trying to save a few bucks I bought 3 new Toyotas for my Wife, Son, and I. Well that didn't last long. I just had to have something that made me smile again so I got me a new Z4. It's the 3.0 (bought in 2011), Orion silver, Black leather, Premium, cold, sport, and MT with M suspension. Here is a pic.
Welcome Bill. I'm in upstate NY too - rochester. where are you ?

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #220
drem
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive23i 2011

Does anyone know where to find the Z4 2011 owners manual for the european market? (Sweden)
Appreciate 0