New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

10-09-2010, 10:53 PM   #1
Irishfan
Rep
Drives: Z4

Buying used N54 - What to look for?

Hi All, been lurking for about a month while looking for the right car to buy. Ended up finding one in Colorado, and getting it shipped to me in the coming week - exciting stuff!

Anyway, all this recent talk about HPFP has me concerned, especially with the software "fix" applied to deal with the issue. Any suggestions on how I can find out of this has been done to the car? People who have undergone this process note that the car "feels" different - having no baseline to judge against, this will be difficult for me. One of the first things I plan on doing is taking it in for service and getting a clearbra installed - however, I doubt the dealership will be forthcoming with any information regarding this software fix. All comments are appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2010, 11:04 PM   #2
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Welcome and congrats on the Z.

I PM'd you as I want to hear more about your acquisition but don't want to derail the thread.
"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".-- Unknown

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2010, 07:55 AM   #3
Silver-Bolt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is Melbourne Red

Garage List
2011 Z4 35is  [9.00]
HAve your local dealer run the VIN. They will be able to tell you anything that a BMW dealer has done to the car. If it has 19" wheels check them for cracks.

California smog test and sales tax are in your future.
Appreciate 0