New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

08-24-2016, 01:39 PM   #1
talhagursoy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw Z4 sDrive35i

Msport Bumper Carbon Fiber Lip (recommendation need)

Couple days ago, someone bumped into my front bumper when my little was parked on the street. Thanks God he left his insurance information.
It is an opportunity for me to upgrade my ugly non-m front bumper to m-sport bumper (I am paying the differences.) Anyways, I also want to get a nice front lip for m sport bumper. I have seen really nice lips in this forum last year, but seems like all the Ebay links shared not working anymore.
For those who bought a lip and happy with the fitment and price can share picture and product link ? Thanks for your time
      08-24-2016, 04:58 PM   #2
spiicytuna
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e39 M5

Beware... the M-Sport (OEM version) in no longer available. There was (1) one in stock someplace in Europe that I managed to snag but it's no longer available from BMW. No other dealership (USA or abroad) has one... I checked the big name retailers and all of them drop-ship from dealer so you're only option will be to go aftermarket or buy a used one.

As for the lip question I am curious about the same thing so I'll be subscribing.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 05:14 PM   #3
talhagursoy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thats so strange. When was the last time you check the availability of the product ? I am not sure if my body shop found one, will call them tomorrow.
      08-24-2016, 05:18 PM   #4
jts1981
Captain
Rep
Drives: n54

Quote:
Originally Posted by talhagursoy View Post
Couple days ago, someone bumped into my front bumper when my little was parked on the street. Thanks God he left his insurance information.
It is an opportunity for me to upgrade my ugly non-m front bumper to m-sport bumper (I am paying the differences.) Anyways, I also want to get a nice front lip for m sport bumper. I have seen really nice lips in this forum last year, but seems like all the Ebay links shared not working anymore.
For those who bought a lip and happy with the fitment and price can share picture and product link ? Thanks for your time
Did you try emailing the lip seller directly? If you have any trouble I'll look through my emails for their address. PM if you need help.

Sucks to hear about the oem not available, but maybe you'll luck out with an after market supplier.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 05:58 PM   #5
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Atacama Yellow 35i

Ikon Motorsports ... very pleased dealing with them:https://www.ikonmotorsports.com/2009...bon-fiber.html

Filippo
      09-02-2016, 04:58 PM   #6
talhagursoy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Update:

M-sport bumper available in the US. I went to local BMW dealership and picked up my Msport bumper, and they have over 5 msport in stock right now lol. I think spiicytuna had bad luck locating it.

09-02-2016, 04:59 PM   #7
talhagursoy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmorelli View Post
Ikon Motorsports ... very pleased dealing with them:https://www.ikonmotorsports.com/2009...bon-fiber.html

Filippo
Yeah I have seen them on Ebay too, how was the fitment ? Im considering getting one from them.
      09-02-2016, 09:08 PM   #8
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Haven't fit the front yet. Rear CF diffuser had some issues mounting underneath. Looks like the back of the diffuser was molded off the factory ABS piece. The factory piece flexes but the CF one does not, so it would not mount under the car. We cut it short to solve the problem and made some simple Z brackets to help support. Not a biggie but ...

Ikon has been responsive. Initially I ordered the wrong rear diffuser and no questions asked the had a return label sent, and shipped me the right one.

Filippo
      09-29-2016, 02:26 AM   #9
talhagursoy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I got the spoiler from Ikon Motorsports. Fitment wasn't really perfect. There was no room for double side tape, so I am pretty sure my body shop scratched my brand new msport bumper. It looks pretty good tho! It came with little scratch, but it is all good.

09-29-2016, 07:37 AM   #10
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

My front diffuser seems just as you described. With the bumper off I could not quite figure out the fit, but thought it may have something to do with the bumper not being quite to shape as it was not mounted.

I'll try to post some photos when I mount both pieces. I was hoping someone here had first-hand experience to share on how the mounting was done.

Filippo
      10-03-2016, 05:17 AM   #11
2011z435is
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 z4 sdrive35is

could you post some more pics of it on the car? I have always thought about getting this.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2016, 10:55 AM   #12
mrkoven
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Z4 35i

yeah could we get some more pictures from different angles? ive been debating the lip from ikon but a bit worried about fitment and hacking my oem bumper to fit it
      10-09-2016, 05:30 PM   #13
talhagursoy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011z435is View Post
could you post some more pics of it on the car? I have always thought about getting this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkoven View Post
yeah could we get some more pictures from different angles? ive been debating the lip from ikon but a bit worried about fitment and hacking my oem bumper to fit it
It took little bit time to wash my car , here are some pics

10-09-2016, 09:06 PM   #14
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Encouraging to see. I have the Ikon and was concerned about what the fit looked like. But jts1981 said to heat the CF with a heat gun. I'll be careful to just warm it up. I have no mounting hardware but ordered up a bunch of BMW push pin rivets - I think they'll do the job well. interesting on the lack of room for tape. I would suppose a tight bottom fit is good. I may consider carpet tape if I'm convinced that regular 3M automotive (foam) tape won't fit.

Thanks again for posting this. My car comes back tomorrow so I'll start working on this end of the week. I'll post some pictures on my thread, since I'll be doing it myself.

Filippo
      10-09-2016, 09:16 PM   #15
talhagursoy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmorelli
Encouraging to see. I have the Ikon and was concerned about what the fit looked like. But jts1981 said to heat the CF with a heat gun. I'll be careful to just warm it up. I have no mounting hardware but ordered up a bunch of BMW push pin rivets - I think they'll do the job well. interesting on the lack of room for tape. I would suppose a tight bottom fit is good. I may consider carpet tape if I'm convinced that regular 3M automotive (foam) tape won't fit.

Thanks again for posting this. My car comes back tomorrow so I'll start working on this end of the week. I'll post some pictures on my thread, since I'll be doing it myself.

Filippo
Are you planning to do clear coat? My body shop did it for me. I don't really remember how it looked like before clear coat